What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Broncos

The Realist

Juniors
I think I actually saw a couple of Broncos hearts break when Leota came on for his last stint.
Perfectly timed with a huge impact.

Yes. Forward rotation was a master stroke.

I remember getting frustrated in the middle of the game with all the inside balls we were doing. Turns out it was an excellent strategy. Almost Halfway through the 2nd half Broncos had Haas and Carrigan whilst we still had Smith and Henry. I said to my wife that we don't have Fish and Leota back yet. Fish came on earlier and immediately started to turn the tide. Then Leota came on with about 10-15 mins to go and as you said, you could feel the Broncos Morale just break.

Well done to coach Cleary on that and the team for executing. Ivan clearly out coached Kevvie Walters last night.

The Realist

Juniors
“ROICE WALSH TAKE A BOW”, bitch STFU

I usually don’t mind Ennis but he was insufferable last night. I vividly remember one of our guys making a great run and expected it to be called out by Ennis but instead he just says “Oi’ve boin so impressed boi Mam’s defensive effoirts tonoight” when he was tackled.

Broncos are 10 X the market that the Panthers are. Commentators are not really there to give neutral commentary. They are there (mostly) as entertainers to drum up/keep interest in the game. Any good, informative and balanced commentary that does happen is incidental.

Iamback

Coach
We absolutely dominated field position with Henry and smith on together during that 20 minute period to start the 2nd half. During that period broncos had carrigan, haas wiilison on in the middle and couldn’t get out of their half.

Yes it was one of the better games but that isn't always the case. Many times we have commented post game that we lost the forward battle

Iamback

Coach
I think we have to try Laurie at 6 next year first up. He has the same attributes at Luai that we love: plays eyes up footy, good step, acceleration, slick hands, pure x-factor.

His defence is the big question mark, but we simply won't know until we try.

Cole is probably the ideal 14 at this stage. We can cover 1-7 with him on the bench. He can relieve at 9, and we could probably play him as a small 13 too if need be, because defensively he's solid.

And let's be real, he'll get plenty of starting games next year anyway with injury, suspension and Origin being a thing.

If he's good enough (he is), he's a genuine shot at making the 6 or either centre position his own next year, even if he starts at 14.

Laurie would be my 6. I think Cole doesn't have the speed and footwork we will lose without Luai.

Cole plays left and right side, Alamoti can play wing if we get an injury.

Cole is taller than Martin. So you add 5kg or so too him and could even get him time in the pack in a game where we don't get injuries

Luke Bowden

First Grade
His frame. I don't see a winger in him especially within our system. 1 or 6 only imo
I’d agree if he didn’t rack up so many metres from FB. He can certainly handle that aspect.

He’s good in the air and he’s fast.

Edge defence is the only real unknown with him on the wing.

I personally think he’s strong points are wasted on the wing and we have better options, but I certainly can’t see any reason for all the fuss being made about it.

Munky

Coach
Yes. Forward rotation was a master stroke.

I remember getting frustrated in the middle of the game with all the inside balls we were doing. Turns out it was an excellent strategy. Almost Halfway through the 2nd half Broncos had Haas and Carrigan whilst we still had Smith and Henry. I said to my wife that we don't have Fish and Leota back yet. Fish came on earlier and immediately started to turn the tide. Then Leota came on with about 10-15 mins to go and as you said, you could feel the Broncos Morale just break.

Well done to coach Cleary on that and the team for executing. Ivan clearly out coached Kevvie Walters last night.

Kevvie went full genius and moved his fullback who was causing all sorts of problems on the wrap around to first receiver when Madden went off.

Really bizarre move.

WestyLife

First Grade
Watching back and tago definitely was good before he got smashed then fell off after. Whatever is going on is clearly a confidence thing.

Iamback

Coach
I’d agree if he didn’t rack up so many metres from FB. He can certainly handle that aspect.

He’s good in the air and he’s fast.

Edge defence is the only real unknown with him on the wing.

I personally think he’s strong points are wasted on the wing and we have better options, but I certainly can’t see any reason for all the fuss being made about it.

With a 6 spot opening. That would be my spot for him

Iamback

Coach
Kevvie went full genius and moved his fullback who was causing all sorts of problems on the wrap around to first receiver when Madden went off.

Really bizarre move.

That would of been ok if he brought the centre he named on the bench on and pushed Cobbo back there.

Kevvie had a shocker last night

Latest posts