What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Gummy's

BLM01

First Grade
Haven't started a game day thread for a while, so here it is.

Will Hunt play? Given the talks today you'd have to say yes. However, which Hunt will turn up. The I want to show them Hunt or the tanking Hunt?

I'm going out on a limb here and saying we'll win this and win quite well.
How long since we have beaten these guys?

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
If you mean the Warriors game from last Friday night, then you should really watch it to see how well a team can bounce back after previous year of mediocrity.
I can see that it might be a useful exercise and give me a glimmer of hope for the future, but, nah, they are just an opposition team, so I don't give a rat's ar#e about them.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I just read the Couchman brothers are playing really well in NSW cup, both running well over 200 mtr.
I hope Carr gives them a run in 1st grade. This is where Carr needs to make changes after last week's debacle.
Yes, I'm not sure why Toby hasn't been recalled to FG. I could understand why Carr gave him a "rest" in KOE Cup for a week or maybe even two, but still not selected? I don't agree with that. Maybe the team list this afternoon will include him. Maybe even Ryan Couchman on the bench as Bird looks like he could use another few months rest!

Maybe some twin ESP can fix our left edge.

1. Sloan (Bradbury)
2. Matt F
3. Max F
4. Lomax
5. Rav
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Musgrove
9. Liddle
10. Lawrie
11. Suli
12. Sua
13. JDB

14. Amone/Herring/Turner
15. F.Molo
16. T. Couchman
17. BMM

Old Timer

Coach
So people were giving plenty of stick to Hook and then lauding Carr for his selections and saying how great life post Hook was going to be.

For all of the posts that we must keep Carr even to the point he would be a better rookie coach than either Hornby or Young one has to scratch ones head to try and make any sense of these selections.

Obviously 1st grade coaches see plenty that we can't see and maybe our criticism's are just a bit too hard?

This team selection only reinforces how bad our roster really is.

What is the point of performing in the lower grades if you get overlooked for the 'safe' option. We have had a few standouts in the lower grades lately but instead of rewarding their performances we select Moga. Was weighing up Shark Park or my lounge, easy decision now!

Crush

Coach
So people were giving plenty of stick to Hook and then lauding Carr for his selections and saying how great life post Hook was going to be.

For all of the posts that we must keep Carr even to the point he would be a better rookie coach than either Hornby or Young one has to scratch ones head to try and make any sense of these selections.

Obviously 1st grade coaches see plenty that we can't see and maybe our criticism's are just a bit too hard?

This team selection only reinforces how bad our roster really is.
Hook was selecting Mbye in the spine every week, Carr doesn’t even pick him when we have injuries and then Flanno tells him to find another home next year.
Makes you wonder what Hooks obsession with Mbye was, Carr and Flanno definitely don’t see it.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Suli is out under concussion protocols while Moga has been playing ctr in reserve grade & tbf he did well in 1st grade earlier this season. I've got no issues with his inclusion. Imo Feagai only stays because Suli is out, they don't want a complete new ctr/wing pairing. This is probably Feagai last chance to impress because his defensive decision making has been woeful.

I'm happy Bird has been dropped/rested. He's no good to us playing injured, he had little lateral movement last week & was exposed badly by NZ. BMM is okay on the edge but I'm hopeful someone like Couchman gets a few mins on the edge when BMM is rested. Although I can see Hunt playing edge instead. Amone hopefully has a clearly defined role from the interchange, whether it be to give liddle a break or JDB at lock.

Lawrie should be swapped for M. Molo, I thought the Molo bros were fantastic when starting against the rabbits while Lawrie was great from the bench. Thats a rotation I hope we explore for a few games to see if we get better output from the middles.

It would be awesome to see Ryan Couchman debut, possibly at the expense of Hunt or Amone. He's been playing great in reserve grade & I believe has played on the edge.

I think it's a pretty good side considering the outs & quality of players.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Suli is out under concussion protocols while Moga has been playing ctr in reserve grade & tbf he did well in 1st grade earlier this season. I've got no issues with his inclusion. Imo Feagai only stays because Suli is out, they don't want a complete new ctr/wing pairing. This is probably Feagai last chance to impress because his defensive decision making has been woeful.

I'm happy Bird has been dropped/rested. He's no good to us playing injured, he had little lateral movement last week & was exposed badly by NZ. BMM is okay on the edge but I'm hopeful someone like Couchman gets a few mins on the edge when BMM is rested. Although I can see Hunt playing edge instead. Amone hopefully has a clearly defined role from the interchange, whether it be to give liddle a break or JDB at lock.

Lawrie should be swapped for M. Molo, I thought the Molo bros were fantastic when starting against the rabbits while Lawrie was great from the bench. Thats a rotation I hope we explore for a few games to see if we get better output from the middles.

It would be awesome to see Ryan Couchman debut, possibly at the expense of Hunt or Amone. He's been playing great in reserve grade & I believe has played on the edge.

I think it's a pretty good side considering the outs & quality of players.
Moga's selection at centre whilst perplexing is probably the right way to go.

In KOE Cup his centre partner has been young Tamale, whilst an up and comer he's very 'green' and defensively a work in progress. There is also Max F, but we gave him an opportunity already and didn't fire a shot. Then there's of course Mbye.

As OT has said, it really exposes our lack of depth in this area, albeit we have some up-and-comers, but at this stage, since we are battling to avoid the WS, Moga became the obvious choice.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Moga's selection at centre whilst perplexing is probably the right way to go.

In KOE Cup his centre partner has been young Tamale, whilst an up and comer he's very 'green' and defensively a work in progress. There is also Max F, but we gave him an opportunity already and didn't fire a shot. Then there's of course Mbye.

As OT has said, it really exposes our lack of depth in this area, albeit we have some up-and-comers, but at this stage, since we are battling to avoid the WS, Moga became the obvious choice.
How’s Tamale been going; don’t see much of Reserve Grade these days; kind of liked what little I saw……?