What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Gummy's

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yeh, I’m not so convinced! Most coaches bring bring their preferred trainers; this has been going on since Jack Gibson and Mick Souter in the early seventies. Not saying this line of thought is wrong but I think it’s too simplistic to point it at mainly fitness; especially these days.

I think a big part of it is their defensive structures/models and their confidence in adapting or adhering to it. Many posts think players should go back to Reggie’s to get better and once that would be a valid comment, yet, i don’t think it is a good strategy now unfortunately, due to the drop in defensive standard in that grade of football.

Are Carr’s defensive structures the same as Griffin’s? or are they different and players are now adapting to it? I’d assume they are the same in both grades….???

Whatever, I just pray the opposition knocks on a lot……

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Mental fatigue or mental fragility?
Fragility I'd say, but fragility born on the realisation that they just ain't very good. They probably had Hook and management telling them how great the season was going to be at the start of the year. You had Blake Lawrie saying they were a top 4 side after a win, a bye and a loss. Then at some stage reality set in. They now know how far behind the pace they truly are. They know they are headed for the spoon. They know they are useless and the fans are unhappy. I imagine quite a few would prefer to stay in reserve grade where at least they can win games.

BLM01

First Grade
I disagree.

He can explain away anything but he sounds like a bullshit artist.
That is because there is no one there with his press conferences to challenge and ask the hard questions
Whoever yjey let in ask dumb not relevant questions and never put him under pressure
Especially when he rolls out the stats on how the game is going much better to previous years
Stats..can made and hand selected to look like anything

dannyt

Coach
That is because there is no one there with his press conferences to challenge and ask the hard questions
Whoever yjey let in ask dumb not relevant questions and never put him under pressure
Especially when he rolls out the stats on how the game is going much better to previous years
Stats..can made and hand selected to look like anything
Agreed. A good bullshit artist always throws in some stats because, ss George Bernard Shaw said, there are three types of lies: Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Latest posts