What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Roosters - Game Day Thread

Gronk

Staff member
FoxSports have a news ticker across the bottom of their screen this morning saying that Danny Wicks has a nervous wait to see if he is cited for shoulder charge. Really ? Penalty sufficient surely.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
FoxSports have a news ticker across the bottom of their screen this morning saying that Danny Wicks has a nervous wait to see if he is cited for shoulder charge. Really ? Penalty sufficient surely.
It wasn't even a penalty, and considering what JWH did to Semi and Napa collecting Gower in the head with his shoulder weren't even deemed penalties........

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
What did the deadshit do this time?

Before the game Tallis and johns were raving on about the adversity the team has had to overcome and hindmarsh than said its not an excuse as their job is to play football not worry about all the distractions. And he then tipped the roosters. And after the game picked out the negative bits about the performance

Parra47

Juniors
Simply a great effort and a great win against all the odds. I've said it before, he won't win it but Brad Arthur should win coach of the year for what he has been able to achieve with the team this year under all the drama.

Before the game Tallis and johns were raving on about the adversity the team has had to overcome and hindmarsh than said its not an excuse as their job is to play football not worry about all the distractions. And he then tipped the roosters. And after the game picked out the negative bits about the performance
Well Hindy has no idea, when he was Captain and things got tough he was the one who didn't aim up.

hybrideel

Bench
Foxsports article says that penalties and errors cost Roosters the win
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/76af9699a4ffa64c4091eb9d4a8c539d

The Roosters blew this one. When they led 18-6, and just celebrated Manu’s length-of-the-field effort to deny Parramatta flyer Bevan French a certain try, the result looked over.

But errors and penalties cost the Bondi boys.

According to the NRL app the penalties were 6-5 in their favour and 10 errors a piece but let's not give the eels any credit for the gutsy win

Chipmunk

Coach
It wasn't even a penalty, and considering what JWH did to Semi and Napa collecting Gower in the head with his shoulder weren't even deemed penalties........

The Napa one on Gower I think was probably line ball and maybe OK, but JWH definitely hit Semi in the head with his shoulder.

Chipmunk

Coach
Foxsports article says that penalties and errors cost Roosters the win
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/76af9699a4ffa64c4091eb9d4a8c539d

According to the NRL app the penalties were 6-5 in their favour and 10 errors a piece but let's not give the eels any credit for the gutsy win

Given the circumstances of the match with Semi and IDG going off and us having to play two Second Rowers in the Centres and having no one play 6 the Roosters should have really blown us off the park, but they just simply weren't good enough and we should enormous character.

Bigfella

Coach
Can anyone explain why on the last decision they went back to check whether parra got a touch?

Even if we had touched it - surely they played the advantage? They went with a whisker of scoring. That is to be cut and dry and it became irrelevant if we'd touched it.

strider

Post Whore
Can anyone explain why on the last decision they went back to check whether parra got a touch?

Even if we had touched it - surely they played the advantage? They went with a whisker of scoring. That is to be cut and dry and it became irrelevant if we'd touched it.

Cos us touching it would have meant we knocked on and roosters get possession again for the remaining 20 seconds - instead of kenny getting a cramp

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
On another note what are people's thoughts on that mat thompson as a commentator i have heard him do a few games for 9 but last night was the 1st one i have been paying attention as parramatta were playing.

I found him ok and way better than hadley but i suppose a dog could do better than hadley

eels_fan

First Grade
Can't stand Matt Thompson, I'll listen to Rabs, but as soon as I heard Thompson I switched to Foxtels coverage

Suitman

Post Whore
I've watched 2 games on Channel 9 this year.
Both Origins. Only because Fox didn't broadcast them live.
Every other game I've watched has been on Foxtel.
I cannot stand Channel 9 and their incessant self promotion and adds during the game.
I also cannot stand Ray Warren. Egotistical, loudmouthed wanker who cannot even do the research to get players names right.