What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Tadpoles (Sharks)

Blade23

Juniors
Lets move on after last Saturday's debacle to round 18. Sharks will be without Gallen, Graham, Maloney, Fifita, Bird and maybe Barba.
Moylan & Carty baring any last minute call up will play for us but we will be without Mansour & the injured McKendry

What will Griffin pick or better yet who would you pick?
I think Griffin will go something like this.
Moylan
Hardaker?
Peach
Blake
DWZ
Carty
Cleary
RCG
Wallace
Latu
Yeo
Merrin
JFH
Bench
Matagi
Latimore
Grevs
Akauola

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
Whatever number Cartwright wears he should defend in the middle. Not just one more in on the fringe but in the middle. Wallace or Merrin can defend wider to compensate. It will hurt us in the middle but it couldn't hurt us any more than Cartwright's defence did wide. Or maybe it could but it must be given a go to see.

Start Latu or even Lats, a forward who can pass, ball got stuck in the middle on our first set on their line because the forwards couldn't shift it to the backline like we have been recently.

MrBlack

Juniors
1. Hardaker
6. Moylan
7. Cleary
9. Wallace
13. Cartwright

Where it should be but probably wont be.

betcats

Referee
Agree, though I don't care if its Dallin or Hardaker at FB. It wont be though, Moylan isn't being moved to the halves by Griffin.

mxlegend99

Referee
Agree, though I don't care if its Dallin or Hardaker at FB. It wont be though, Moylan isn't being moved to the halves by Griffin.
Yep. Its like it's the one move he's not willing to try.

20 minutes in a trial after nearly 9 months out injured and that experiment is over. Cant even use it as a reason for not trialing it again as he was equally poor at fullback in the same trial. But that was to be expected after so long injured.

He's in his worst form since making his NRL debut and it has come right around the Origin period. Hopefully missing out gets his attention back on being his best for us.

Last edited:
Like many I'm totally mystified by not moving Moylan.

Let's play a back rower at 5/8 who has no future there but not a fullback who possibly does.

FFS we have 3 fullbacks sitting in the wings.

kinghippo

Juniors
I think the captains curse has hit Moylan. Merrin should be made duel captain, Moylan can save face but be relieved of a bit of pressure. Moylan to 5/8 please griffin, Cartwright back to 2nd row, merrin to lock.

Or Fifta (leads our Dally M count - so is in good form)

Gallen - Heighinton
Bird - Leutele
Graham - Bakuya
Maloney - Nu Brown
Fifta - Sene-Lefao

Forgot him , 5 NSW reps for the sharkies! Really something.

We should win , not a statement of arrogance just the reality. But reality doesn't always play out.

maple_69

Bench
I'd go

1. Edwards 2. Gennings 3. Blake 4. Hardaker 5. DWZ 6. Moylan 7. Cleary 8. RCG 9. Wallace 10. Latimore 11. Cartwright 12. Yeo 13. Merrin 14. Latu 15. Peachey 16. Grevsmuhl 17. JFH

I think we need to give Moylan a crack regardless of Martin. Let Martin come back and earn his spot, if he does and Moylan is working at 5/8 we can chuck him on the bench. At least then we will have a good idea whether we keep Hardaker, what role DWZ and Edwards should play etc.

Fibroman

First Grade
We need to get players running straight, especially when we get into the opposition 20. It seems to me we have too many players running across field with no players in motion running straight. I think Moylan hitting the ball at 2nd receiver straightens the play up, so he needs to be playing in the same mould as Blake Austin at Canberra and that my friends requires him to have the number 6 on his back.

betcats

Referee
Apparently Holmes and Leteule are in doubt as well, if we cant get up here there is something wrong.

meek

Juniors
History shows we have a habit of losing the unloseable
so hopefully Panthers to win - but with no confidence going on our dismal tigers effort in defence
Thought Hardaker showed a bit IMO given hes only just started with the panthers and had limited training runs - think he may be a good pickup given time .
anyway Panthers to win but with no confidence - wouldn't be surprised by a loss and if they defend like last week well we could form a team in the forum and probaby score a try against them LOL

Devilous

Juniors
Personally I feel the result will have nothing to do with our attack. We will likely score between 20-30 points which should be enough to get a win. Our big problem is going to be our leaky defence that falls over at any sort of sustained pressure. As soon as we get a couple of tries ahead of a team, the opposition buckle down to get back in the game and we just give in, virtually every time. The sharks aren't a team that will just give up, even though they are missing their best players, so unless we can tighten up our defence it will be another frustrating nail biter unfortunately.

Latest posts