What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Tadpoles (Sharks)

mxlegend99

Referee
Let's hope it's D. He can be our Dylan Walker... come on needing points and completely ruin it in his first minute on the field.

GongPanther

Referee
Simply need Smith to run with the same purpose he showed in the last few weeks of last years season.

He starts with the dropsies,then straight off he comes.

And Moylan...I hope and expect him to go to the line just like he did last week.But instead of throwing schoolboy intercepts,slap on the speed after a dummy pass and beat the buggers on the outside.

Haven't seen Moylan in the open for God knows how long.

The whole team needs to rally put in for so many reasons next Sunday.Banging on a high score is imperative.A win by 10 or so points simply will not cut it,and this team has potentially more points than a equidistant compass.

This season will be written off if this game isn't taken advantage of.

Nealo 12

First Grade
If Moylan doesn't get pissed off and put in a big game this weekend then that would justify Daley's decision to drop him.
In fact the whole team should rally and make a big statement !

TheFrog

Coach
With smith in the side Hook will either do

A Smith to fullback Moylan to 5/8 Carty to back row.

B Smith to centre Peach to back row.

C Smith to 5/8 Carty to backrow.

or D Play Smith off the bench for 4 minutes.

I reckon A. When this happens depends on how the game is going.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
I hope the boys rally and rattle the shit out of Ennis.

Dominate him and they have no-one else to really direct. Belt him late, belt him hard and expose him for the little piece of shit he is....

Bit extreme...

GongPanther

Referee

Dominate him and they have no-one else to really direct. Belt him late, belt him hard and expose him for the little piece of shit he is....

Bit extreme...

No doubt,the Sharkies will come into this game with a siege mentality with Ennis putting on the grub factor all day.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
By the way, "tadpoles" doesn't even make sense as an insult. It's a completely different class of animal. You might as well call them "puppies" or "ducklings" or "flukeworms"

mxlegend99

Referee
Why would we hope for this? If he is playing I hope he plays well.
That he barely steps foot on the field? Anyone who wants our shittyshitty defence to not get any worse.

The less time he spends on the field. The less time we will be even weaker defensively. Although at some point you would have to say our defence is so bad another 2 poor defenders wouldn't make a noticeable difference.

betcats

Referee
Of course but I meant the Dylan Walker reference about him coming on with us needing points and ruining it straight away...maybe im reading it wrong but why would we hope he does that? Its like hoping to lose.

Frankus

Juniors

Bit extreme...

You think that will phase him? I really dislike Ennis. Dislike is probably not a strong enough word.

But there is no denying his footy IQ. He will not let a few late shots affect his game.

TheFrog

Coach
By the way, "tadpoles" doesn't even make sense as an insult. It's a completely different class of animal. You might as well call them "puppies" or "ducklings" or "flukeworms"

I thought rather than an insult it was the fishy equivalent of baby broncos. Maybe minnows or guppies or mud gudgeons would be better.

And of course tadpoles would be more appropriate for a Queensland junior team.

With smith in the side Hook will either do

A Smith to fullback Moylan to 5/8 Carty to back row.

B Smith to centre Peach to back row.

C Smith to 5/8 Carty to backrow.

or D Play Smith off the bench for 4 minutes.

More likely E
Moylan out Smith to Fullback Sitaleki Akauola bench.

Adam Reynolds is in doubt for origin 3. Bird is training in the halves and Moylan has been mentioned as a possible bench option for the Blues.

betcats

Referee
Id have Akaoula over Matagi tbh, ive liked what ive seen from him in limited minutes so far.

Why did we even bother taking Hardaker? He's a fullback....surely when we need a fullback we'd use him.

Who knows Griffins thought on Hardaker. Seems keen on keeping him on the left side of the field. I only assume Will Smith will play fullback if Moylan gets the call up to origin, because Griffin preferred him earlier in the year. That and he has bobbed up all of a sudden on the bench.

Last edited:

Latest posts