What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 VS Dragons

Exactly. Anyone with a basic understanding of the NRL and where Ivan had coached would know to take that figure with a grain of salt.

If Ivan was as bad as his winning percentage he would've never got another NRL job after us, conversely if Hook was as good as his winning percentage he'd be the first coach picked for any club looking for a new coach.

This is rugby league we’re talking about, notorious for poor administrators and rewarding mates.

We know that Cleary was head hunted for the panthers job by his mate, Dave O’Neill. We know he came here originally because of his mate Phil Gould.

You’re right that the 45% isn’t everything, but I’ve provided more info as to why his record is average.

There isn’t a single coach in rugby league history that’s come good after 300 games.

Abacus

Juniors
This is rugby league we’re talking about, notorious for poor administrators and rewarding mates.

We know that Cleary was head hunted for the panthers job by his mate, Dave O’Neill. We know he came here originally because of his mate Phil Gould.

You’re right that the 45% isn’t everything, but I’ve provided more info as to why his record is average.

There isn’t a single coach in rugby league history that’s come good after 300 games.
Ivan appointed Tigers coach while Pascoe, Ivan's mate from the Panthers, was CEO. Anyone seeing a pattern?

Anyway reason for improvement is change in playing style. Looking increasingly likely Jimmy is off to Catalans (well done @Kilkenny ). He'd want another premiership before leaving. If I was a betting man, I'd say Jimmy has tipped Ivan to change the attacking structure. The players have embraced the change.

Latest posts