What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 VS Dragons

maple_69

Bench
I dunno where Crichton fits into this backline longer term but if he plays well over the next 12 months I’m sure we’d be able to find a club looking for a solid metre eater with an exceptional attitude or a rock solid defensive vet to create a cheap opening. Look forward to seeing him.

OldPanther

Coach
I dunno where Crichton fits into this backline longer term but if he plays well over the next 12 months I’m sure we’d be able to find a club looking for a solid metre eater with an exceptional attitude or a rock solid defensive vet to create a cheap opening. Look forward to seeing him.

Replaces Whare for me.

OldPanther

Coach
Updated team list.

Panthers v Dragons
Panthers Stadium
7.55pm Friday 19 July

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Lendcorp
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by Daily Press
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Volvo Cars Penrith
4. Brent NADEN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
6. James MALONEY - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Tuff Mouthguards
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Signace
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Hertz
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by HIX Group
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Zoo Fitness
12. Frank WINTERSTEIN - sponsored by Chemtools
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Stylus Blinds

14. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
15. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by Bidfood
18. Hame SELE - sponsored by CETNAJ Wetherill Park/Rouse Hill
19. Jed CARTWRIGHT - sponsored by Worldwide Parramatta

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/07/18/piazza-doro-updated-teamlist-round-18/

Panfa

Juniors
Well looking at the 19 man squad its either naden or whare to the wing as cover for t'oo and Cartwright or yeo to centre.

betcats

Referee
I like both Mansour & To’o, but it’d also be great to get some height on the wings. Tough one.

Problem is Whare is easily the weakest link in that back 4. In their current form Too and Mansour couldn’t be dropped.

I’d just wait for an injury for Crichton.

Problem is Whare is easily the weakest link in that back 4. In their current form Too and Mansour couldn’t be dropped.

I’d just wait for an injury for Crichton.

I wasn’t talking about dropping them, meant in the future. Re Maples post

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Happy game day time to get hyped!!

giphy.gif

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah but even next season Whare is going to be our best choice to replace out of that back 4.

Yep. By then Naden and To'o have had a chance to get some first grade and a full pre season under Ivan so we can afford to look at calling someone up.

maple_69

Bench
I’d worry about putting Crichton on Sauces wing atm. Naden isn’t exactly a set up guy and the pet play on the left is give it to Kik. The only way this team gets the left wing the ball with opportunity to show his wares is a spread/half break from long range. Mansour doesn’t need that to contribute a huge amount.

Agree Whare is probably next guy to be pushed. I think there’d be plenty of clubs interested and imagine given the term we gave him post two serious injuries his salary would be reasonable.

Would be keen to get Cleary a more dynamic right edge to see what he can cook up.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Where is Luke's favourite hooker Katoa?

Not in first or reserves, not on the injuried list.