What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 VS Dragons

I don’t think you’d push Whare, his wage is at a level you could cope with in NSW Cup if need be. In saying that, also think he’s playing a lot better then people give him credit for. Deserves his spot atm.

It’s not enough for our backs to just be playing ok, we lack punch, we lack try scorers. I’d be happy to keep Whare in reserves, but we can’t carry guys who offer no threat.

Sime_11

Juniors
It’s not enough for our backs to just be playing ok, we lack punch, we lack try scorers. I’d be happy to keep Whare in reserves, but we can’t carry guys who offer no threat.

I look forward to Whare's classic shimmy and step and scoring under the sticks tonight... where we all say at the same time - where the fk did that come from?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don’t think you’d push Whare, his wage is at a level you could cope with in NSW Cup if need be. In saying that, also think he’s playing a lot better then people give him credit for. Deserves his spot atm.

I agree. He'll mosey off to the old dart soon enough.

MrBlack

Juniors

Every team needs guys like Whare, Good attitude and a seasoned international.

There's leaders ion the field and ones off it as well. Guys like Whare and Tamau certainly fall into the latter.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Where is Luke's favourite hooker Katoa?

Not in first or reserves, not on the injuried list.

When did I ever say he was my favourite hooker? I said that the hookers weren’t the reason we were playing shit.

How are the Sharks going by the way? Hahaha devastating form of late.

martielang

Bench

I guess it depends what your definition of OK is. I'm happy to have a more defensively orientated centre on the right because our right side rarely gets any decent ball in attacking situations anyway. We seem to be winning games on the strength of our defence & removing Whare takes away from that.

Crichtons played 3 or 4 games in NSW Cup? Looks very promising but he's not braining them to a point where he demands automatic selection in NRL. Very early days.

I guess it depends what your definition of OK is. I'm happy to have a more defensively orientated centre on the right because our right side rarely gets any decent ball in attacking situations anyway. We seem to be winning games on the strength of our defence & removing Whare takes away from that.

Crichtons played 3 or 4 games in NSW Cup? Looks very promising but he's not braining them to a point where he demands automatic selection in NRL. Very early days.

I just think we’re too defensive orientated, needs better balance.

When the opposition defence only need to focus on one side of the field it makes it even easier for them, a threat in the right will help. Wether that’s Chricton or someone else, I don’t know.

All out tries last week were scored on the right incredibly.

OldPanther

Coach
I just think we’re too defensive orientated, needs better balance.

When the opposition defence only need to focus on one side of the field it makes it even easier for them, a threat in the right will help. Wether that’s Chricton or someone else, I don’t know.

All out tries last week were scored on the right incredibly.

Based on how the style of play has changed either Ivan or someone on staff has decided more ball playing is required and they seem to agree with you.

Kilkenny

Coach
Six wins on the trot we should be on cloud nine.

Tonight is a really big game and all the positives will be largely undone if we don’t put in a good performance and get the two points this evening.

Really big game tonight.

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers v Dragons
Panthers Stadium
7.55pm Friday 19 July

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Lendcorp
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by Daily Press
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Volvo Cars Penrith
4. Brent NADEN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
6. James MALONEY - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Tuff Mouthguards
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Signace
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Hertz
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by HIX Group
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Zoo Fitness
12. Frank WINTERSTEIN - sponsored by Chemtools
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Stylus Blinds

14. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
15. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by Bidfood

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/07/19/piazza-doro-late-mail-round-18/

Latest posts