What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Titans

thebigredv

First Grade
a mate of mine, an avid saints supporter normally doesnt pick Saints in the tipping comp, which I give him shit about

His response , if they loose , he at least gets his tip points and if they win , he doesnt care about the tip point

It evens out his happiness
These days that makes so much sense but it wasn't that long ago where there wasn't a game that I thought we didn't have some chance. In fact, it's only been in the last 5-10 years that my belief in this club to win any and every game has falling right away.

I used to wonder what it was like to follow a bad team and now I know. Sad times.

By the way, I do realise we are in the 8 but there are just so many poor teams, most of which I'd say look more likely to turn their fortunes around than us any time soon.

Illusion

Bench
These days that makes so much sense but it wasn't that long ago where there wasn't a game that I thought we didn't have some chance. In fact, it's only been in the last 5-10 years that my belief in this club to win any and every game has falling right away.

I used to wonder what it was like to follow a bad team and now I know. Sad times.

By the way, I do realise we are in the 8 but there are just so many poor teams, most of which I'd say look more likely to turn their fortunes around than us any time soon.
Just hearing some noise that the NRL season could be in jeopardy because of Corona ..... Might be the best thing that happens we might finish in the 8 ......

Maddragon99

Juniors
Unbelievable - what has happened to us. For years we had Lafai and Aitken - wow and now it's Beale and Ramsey (albeit resulting from suspensions) but, wow!

We had the best three quarters in Finch/Quinn, Gasnier/Cooper, Coyne/Beattie and even Beau Scott. We seemed to have lost focus on having good combinations in the tree quarters - well I'll rephrase this, we have lost focus full stop.
Cooper & Gaz were generational players, like the backrow of Creagh & Scott.

Disappointing the Feagai’s haven’t kicked on this year as we expected, signing Beale from the scrap heap was a real giveaway. Perhaps we overhyped them? Personally I thought they’d both be regular first graders by now.

Let’s hope Amone & Sullivan are able to make regular first grade otherwise we are F’d there’s not much depth there otherwise.

thebigredv

First Grade
Cooper & Gaz were generational players, like the backrow of Creagh & Scott.

Disappointing the Feagai’s haven’t kicked on this year as we expected, signing Beale from the scrap heap was a real giveaway. Perhaps we overhyped them? Personally I thought they’d both be regular first graders by now.

Let’s hope Amone & Sullivan are able to make regular first grade otherwise we are F’d there’s not much depth there otherwise.
Feagais were both great in their first grade appearances. I think you are talking about 2 or 3 and half appearances between them. Not sure if they could have done much more than they did. Haven't had a chance to kick on because they've been injured or unselected.

Maddragon99

Juniors

I think there’s trouble amongst the playing group, Vaughan was popular & respected. Another poor performance again on Sunday will prove this.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I agree. I get vibes we are majorly screwed for this year and will start right back where we started next year.
I know from my own experience, if a mate at work gets made redundant I’m definitely not happy about it. Vaughan would have had a lot of close mates amongst the playing group so it’s only natural that there’s some anger. It’s upto Hook to prove his worth & pull the team together. GC are very beatable we just have to be on our game.

BLM01

First Grade
Feagais were both great in their first grade appearances. I think you are talking about 2 or 3 and half appearances between them. Not sure if they could have done much more than they did. Haven't had a chance to kick on because they've been injured or unselected.
Matt yes for his 1 appearance..looks good
Max has not been good this year in his brife 2 or 3 performances and has shown signs of laziness He was better last year.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I know from my own experience, if a mate at work gets made redundant I’m definitely not happy about it. Vaughan would have had a lot of close mates amongst the playing group so it’s only natural that there’s some anger. It’s upto Hook to prove his worth & pull the team together. GC are very beatable we just have to be on our game.
Yeah but you are not going to be lazy and not perform at work.

I agree. I get vibes we are majorly screwed for this year and will start right back where we started next year.
Sad to say that I cannot see Dragons being title contenders in the forseeable future. New signings will not make much difference and lack of talent in the playing squad with two or three exceptions do not give confidence that things will change. The top teams are miles ahead in standard.

thebigredv

First Grade
Sad to say that I cannot see Dragons being title contenders in the forseeable future. New signings will not make much difference and lack of talent in the playing squad with two or three exceptions do not give confidence that things will change. The top teams are miles ahead in standard.
We already know there is so much ground to make up to get to the top 6, let alone the top 2!!!

Meanwhile our recruitment is so-so, looking like a couple of good signings and hope for the best. Meanwhile our current crop of players (bar one or two of them) have demonstrated how poor their mentality is.

Shall we turn up after half time and take this match? Nah
Shall we celebrate a one point win together during lockdown? Yeah!

It makes a mockery of everything the Dragons used to mean to people and players

kit66

Bench
I think there’s trouble amongst the playing group, Vaughan was popular & respected. Another poor performance again on Sunday will prove this.
Do you think that's because of sausage gate or do you think it was brewing before that ? I've been thinking the opposite, that our guys were mostly a pretty tight knit group, especially when a core group of them decided it's us against the world and risked it all for a party ( a party to celebrate an important, hard fought win ). And after that maybe even further solidarity because of their group punishment. I know we lost last week but I thought the boys gave it their all, just outclassed and out-muscled on the night on top of having players out and the loss of Vaughany. As much as I hate to say it, Manly have put together a very good team.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Tickets to the game on the Gold Coast are going on sale this afternoon.

Go to https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=DRAGTITA21

If you have a ticket to Kogarah and are based in Queensland, then you should have received an email offering you a redemption / replacement ticket.

Red V ticket holders are being seated in Section 22 on the half way.

Also, it's a double header with the Canterbury v Sharks game on afterwards.

12:50 pm: Gates open
1:50 pm: Saints v Titans kicks off
4:05 pm: Scum v Scum kicks off.
One more thing for anyone going to the game, there are the usual courtesy busses leaving the Dog and Parrot pub every 20 mins (roughly) 90 minutes before kick off.

Dog and Parrot Tavern
2 Scottsdale Drive, Robina

Good place to park the car, have lunch, meet a few Saints supporters and get to the game in a civilised manner.

For anyone who hasn't been there before, there is no parking at Robina (Cbus) Stadium, so the courtesy bus is the go.

BLM01

First Grade
Do you think that's because of sausage gate or do you think it was brewing before that ? I've been thinking the opposite, that our guys were mostly a pretty tight knit group, especially when a core group of them decided it's us against the world and risked it all for a party ( a party to celebrate an important, hard fought win ). And after that maybe even further solidarity because of their group punishment. I know we lost last week but I thought the boys gave it their all, just outclassed and out-muscled on the night on top of having players out and the loss of Vaughany. As much as I hate to say it, Manly have put together a very good team.
Go with your gut and what you believe
Someone’s opinion who would not know us just that
My gut tells me the same as you

Latest posts