What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Titans

jeffdragon

Bench
Cluney's going to be busy, playing 14 and 18

Interesting selections, and a few good one's imo. We have to contain Tino and Fifita, moving Bird into the 2nd row with Sims is a good move. Starting Kerr and Lawrie is a bit of a worry, but Kerr back in the middle is also a good move. JDB and Jt-B (had to be that way right!!) is also not a bad decision. Fui will add some grunt from the bench also.

Bud chosen in front of Junior is also an interesting move, but I support it, we need creativity and energy and Bud will definitely bring that (not saying Junior wouldn't have also). Clune will be used as a back-up for Bud and/or Hunt or Macca, with either Macca getting a spell ie: moving Hunt to hooker and Clune to 7 (or 6 even)
As long as Sullivan is not kick happy.
He has chosen to kick a bit much in the games he played last year.

Maddragon99

Juniors
First time poster, being following the forum for a while now

I think my team would be; with suspensions to Corey Norman (although I would like his suspension for the rest of the year), Jack Bird, Gerard Beale, Josh McGuire, Josh Kerr (if he is needed start at prop, wasted in back row)

1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Feagai/Fuimaono
4. Amone/Feagai
5. Pereira
6. Clune
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Macca
10. Faamausili
11. Ford
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. JHunt
15. JT-B
16. Sloan
17. Fuimanono
Welcome 👍

Maddragon99

Juniors
Terrible backline.
Ramsay is not a centre.
He is not creative enough to be In the centres.
Leave bird in the centres and why put jdb on tne bench.
He has to start.
Silly .
Pretty sure the team that runs out on Sunday will be different to the 1-17 listed here. JP & Beale would have to be the slowest centre/wing pairing in the NRL.

Agree about Ramsey but at least he’ll get to see more of the ball.

NRL squad for Round 19 v Titans –​

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Cody Ramsey– sponsored by Floormania
5. Mat Feagai – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Jayden Sullivan – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
11. Jack Bird – sponsored by Fox and Jones
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Josh McGuire – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual

Interchange:
14. Adam Clune – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
15. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
16. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Jack de Belin – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Adam Clune
19. Talatau Amone
20. Billy Burns
21. Tyrell Sloan

That Clune bloke is multi talented

Apparently he can play 2 positions at the same time.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Defence is the key to improving our fortunes.
Unless we can strangle teams and restrict them to 10-15 points a game, we are never going to be top 4 material let alone serious title contenders.
I agree Vaughan is going to be a loss but DeBelin has already stiffened up the middle and when our line speed is high, we are more than competitive.
I will be interested to see how we deal with the suspensions against the Teams above us.
Realistically, I never thought we had a chance of beating Manly even without Tommy Turbo and DCE but we did give it a red hot go.
In the end, a mountain of missed tackles and errors just gave Manly too much possession in the second half.
If we can beat the Titans, we are still a chance of making the finals and once all the troops are back, it wouldn't surprise me if we make a late run under Griffin.
Something that was improbable under McGregor.
I remain optimistic because in these tough times, new champions emerge from the rubble to give us hope for the future.
I can’t see us defending too well for the remainder of the year. Defence needs continuity in positions. For various reasons we’ve had to chop and change all year. No matter what we do tactically I can’t see us being able to hold out teams with firepower like that of teams like the Rabbits and Panthers.

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
That's an interesting team, great to see Sullivan get a run and smart to have Clune on the bench in case. McCullough has to be fair with his distribution and give Sullivan / Clune some quality ball not just feed everything to Hunt. Ramsey in the centres is scary but hopefully it will make him get more involved, could be a turning point for him, it'll do him good or at least wake him up.
The Titans are very hot and cold this year, results all over the place. Weird given the pack they're blessed with. I haven't watched them at all yet and know nothing of their 7 Toby Sexton, is he any good ?
We'll have trouble with Fifita vs Bird, I would have left Kerr out there to handle big Dave, he'll run all over Bird. I thought DeBelin did an admirable job starting at prop last week, I was hoping Hook would have stuck with that for a bit.
We need to win, it's that simple.
Dragons by 8, go lads !

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
One gripe - sorry but Ramsey at centre I just can't see working. Name another centre that's played in the NRL in the last 5 years that's been around 80kg. It just isn't right, he will be physically worked over but at least he will put his body on the line knowing him.

At least it enables Matt Feagai to play and for that reason I am pleased. This guy will impress. Obviously Max is not available??

Sullivan in is awesome, adds a lot of excitement to the spectacle for me. Very, very good to see some of these guys in the team.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
One gripe - sorry but Ramsey at centre I just can't see working. Name another centre that's played in the NRL in the last 5 years that's been around 80kg. It just isn't right, he will be physically worked over but at least he will put his body on the line knowing him.

At least it enables Matt Feagai to play and for that reason I am pleased. This guy will impress. Obviously Max is not available??

Sullivan in is awesome, adds a lot of excitement to the spectacle for me. Very, very good to see some of these guys in the team.
Ramsey in the centers is strange but he did play there on Anzac Day as well, so at least it isn't completely foreign to him and for a small guy his defence isn't too shabby, I'm willing to reserve judgement.

Maddragon99

Juniors
That's an interesting team, great to see Sullivan get a run and smart to have Clune on the bench in case. McCullough has to be fair with the his distribution and give Sullivan / Clune some quality ball not just feed everything to Hunt. Ramsey in the centres is scary but hopefully it will make him get more involved, could be a turning point for him, it'll do him good or at least wake him up.
The Titans are very hot and cold this year, results all over the place. Weird given the pack they're blessed with. I haven't watched them at all yet and know nothing of their 7 Toby Sexton, is he any good ?
We'll have trouble with Fifita vs Bird, I would have left Kerr out there to handle big Dave, he'll run all over Bird. I thought DeBelin did an admirable job starting at prop last week, I was hoping Hook would have stuck with that for a bit.
We need to win, it's that simple.
Dragons by 8, go lads !
I think if GC play well then I think we’re toast but if they are off their game we might get away with the win.

Also I think there’ll be changes to the team that was listed today. Not sure about de Belin off the bench & I think Fuimaono might start at Centre with Ramsey back to the wing Feagai to the bench.