What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 Vs Raiders

Exsilium

First Grade
Its a disappointing decision but I fully expect us to fire up and give the Raiders grief.

Kikau, while he is a vital part of our attack, has a body which will benefit from the break.

We will still win, by 20 points.

mxlegend99

Referee
The thing with this Kikau decision is what is a fair tackle or not? Legs planted arm wrapped is now a shoulder charge?

Things like that is why the comp this year doesn't seem as good as previous years?
I hope Jimmy goes to the ref next time he is tackled and gets the defender binned.

Doesnt need to be anything illegal in the tackle apparently.

franklin2323

Immortal
Very scary times for the sport. We really need strong leadership and not the pricks in charge atm. Sports like the NFL and the UFC KNOW they are the show and that people want to watch violence

My fav sport is Ice Hockey. Look at the hits in that BUT attack the head or anything and huge bans. RL needs the same here. We want big hits simple or we'd watch Rugby

Exsilium

First Grade
I hope Jimmy goes to the ref next time he is tackled and gets the defender binned.

Doesnt need to be anything illegal in the tackle apparently.

In the early rounds we had players diving for penalty tries. Now play makers will take on the line and should they pass, there's a chance they'll get collected and by the NRL's interpretation, players will be binned and banned.

Slippery slope

franklin2323

Immortal
In the early rounds we had players diving for penalty tries. Now play makers will take on the line and should they pass, there's a chance they'll get collected and by the NRL's interpretation, players will be binned and banned.

Slippery slope

Make a simple game hard. No contact with the head play on simple

mxlegend99

Referee
Silver lining I guess.

Still makes me mad that such a terrible decision was handed down.
Online people are blowing up everywhere.

Raiders put a similar tackle on Tigers. Slightly later. More shoulder involved... only difference is it was on a lock who passed the ball... and the other difference is apparently it was legal for them. But for us our player is binned and suspended.

Not that the judiciary like Raiders... they got 7 weeks for eye gouging when McGuire copped a fine. We must just be hated worse to be punished so severely for a tackle where nothing illegal happened.

NRL have even changed their mibd on why it was illegal between binning theplayer and giving him a suspension. Like we ever stood a chance at them ruling in our favour.

franklin2323

Immortal
Online people are blowing up everywhere.

Raiders put a similar tackle on Tigers. Slightly later. More shoulder involved... only difference is it was on a lock who passed the ball... and the other difference is apparently it was legal for them. But for us our player is binned and suspended.

Not that the judiciary like Raiders... they got 7 weeks for eye gouging when McGuire copped a fine. We must just be hated worse to be punished so severely for a tackle where nothing illegal happened.

NRL have even changed their mibd on why it was illegal between binning theplayer and giving him a suspension. Like we ever stood a chance at them ruling in our favour.

I had oztag so haven't seen online yet but I can imagine. Lots of head scratching as to what is a legal tackle now

greynurse

Juniors
So angry about Kikau’a verdict. The panel an ex Manly, ex Rooster/ Rabbitoh’s and North Queensland enforcer ( shame on you) Dallas. Looks like we are a threat !!
How many weeks did Dufty get, how many minutes did he spend off the field, how many points did we get for a tackle you can’t make ,when player was about to score. Great ref’s can’t go the distance, their starting to fall the pieces. I hate to say it but if that was Hargreaves or Bromwich they would of got off. Am I wrong?? Let me throw in Trovejvic (Mal Cochrane)........

Fangs

Coach
Disgraceful decision re Kikau. Though can't say I'm surprised.

Rugby League has a long way to go before it will be taken seriously outside of the eastern seaboard of Australia. You can't promote this game globally until crap like this stops happening. Its not a serious sport sometimes.

franklin2323

Immortal
Disgraceful decision re Kikau. Though can't say I'm surprised.

Rugby League has a long way to go before it will be taken seriously outside of the eastern seaboard of Australia. You can't promote this game globally until crap like this stops happening. Its not a serious sport sometimes.

The sad thing is.. Those in charge think the letting JDB, May etc play while under charges is ruining the game. In reality it is garbage like this

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah even neutral fans are saying it was a bad decision, not just us one eyed Panthers. so that should tell you everything.
Not late. Not high. Not a shoulder charge. Not dangerous.

Lets bin him and suspend him for no reason. Meanwhile we will defend the actual shoulder charge from this game as being ok because it was in the act of stopping a try.

Shoulder charge is an illegal play. Yet doing it to save a try is apparently not a professional foul or worthy of suspension. These braindead merkins have no f**king idea.

Im happy not to suspend a fullback in that situation. But that's a professional foul at the very least. Any other illegal play to save a try is...yet this one that can hurt a player isn't.

None of it makes sense. Tackle a half well. You're suspended regardless of any wrongdoing. Yet same tackle on any other player is fine. Its one thing to protect playmakers. Its another to apply the rules differently to them and against them.

betcats

Referee
How can they suspend him and not Dufty or that Canberra guy, can they not see how stupid this all looks?

OldPanther

Coach
Not late. Not high. Not a shoulder charge. Not dangerous.

Lets bin him and suspend him for no reason. Meanwhile we will defend the actual shoulder charge from this game as being ok because it was in the act of stopping a try.

Shoulder charge is an illegal play. Yet doing it to save a try is apparently not a professional foul or worthy of suspension. These braindead merkins have no f**king idea.

Im happy not to suspend a fullback in that situation. But that's a professional foul at the very least. Any other illegal play to save a try is...yet this one that can hurt a player isn't.

None of it makes sense. Tackle a half well. You're suspended regardless of any wrongdoing. Yet same tackle on any other player is fine. Its one thing to protect playmakers. Its another to apply the rules differently to them and against them.

Exactly. They just need to calm down and enforce the rules.