What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 Vs Raiders

Kilkenny

Coach
Kicks should of used Slater's lawyer.

Unfortunately, it wouldn’t have made any difference which lawyer we used or what argument we mounted the decision we effectively made before the hearing started.

The NRL is a joke. There are many, many instances of failures on the part of the match review committee and judiciary not the mention the referees and the bunker.

However unjust the decision of the match review committee was in respect of the Kikau grading we should of just sucked it up we are just collateral damage in the whole sorry mess the game is in at present.

This decision is very, very hard to stomach.

Kilkenny

Coach
Wouldn’t you just know it, it wasn’t enough for the NRL to well and truly shaft us over the Kikau affair but they go and appoint Ashley Klein as lead official for this Sunday.

You can almost hear the hearty laughter coming out of NRL headquarters.

They will be doing everything in there power in the coming weeks to get the Broncos into the top 8.

Panfa

Juniors
Im sure klein sutton or cummins will be in charge qhen we play brisbane in brisbane.I hope we smash canberra by 30 just to rub it in the nrls faces over kikau.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Wouldn’t you just know it, it wasn’t enough for the NRL to well and truly shaft us over the Kikau affair but they go and appoint Ashley Klein as lead official for this Sunday.

You can almost hear the hearty laughter coming out of NRL headquarters.

They will be doing everything in there power in the coming weeks to get the Broncos into the top 8.
Have to get a Brisbane team in there! Just think about the TV ratings!

Kilkenny

Coach
Imo kikau certainly shouldn’t have been suspended and Dufty also wasn’t worth a suspension either BUT to suspend kikau for a shoulder charge and not Dufty is indefensible.

Billy Slater was attempting to make a tackle so the judiciary found last season was enabled him to play in the GF.

It’s not just your opinion that Kikau shouldn’t have been suspended I think I am being conservative when I say 95% of persons with even the most basic knowledge of the game would disagree with what’s happened.

It is even more laughable given the Andrew Fifita & Viliame Kikau receiving the same grading. Fifita blatant shoulder charge on a player not even in possession of the ball for god sakes, totally deliberate grub act but nope both graded the same.

I posted on here, somewhat tounge in cheek, that it would not surprise me if our club would be on the receiving end of the NRL ‘crackdown’ when it was announced a fortnight ago. Not even in my wildest dreams did I believe it would eventuate in the manner in which it has. It is an absolute disgrace and while some are suggesting Ivan should be commended for his diplomatic response I take the opposite view and he should have called it for what it was. Where is Gus when you need him I’m sure he would not have been so diplomatic had he still been here.

betcats

Referee
Billy Slater was attempting to make a tackle so the judiciary found last season was enabled him to play in the GF.

It’s not just your opinion that Kikau shouldn’t have been suspended I think I am being conservative when I say 95% of persons with even the most basic knowledge of the game would disagree with what’s happened.

It is even more laughable given the Andrew Fifita & Viliame Kikau receiving the same grading. Fifita blatant shoulder charge on a player not even in possession of the ball for god sakes, totally deliberate grub act but nope both graded the same.

I posted on here, somewhat tounge in cheek, that it would not surprise me if our club would be on the receiving end of the NRL ‘crackdown’ when it was announced a fortnight ago. Not even in my wildest dreams did I believe it would eventuate in the manner in which it has. It is an absolute disgrace and while some are suggesting Ivan should be commended for his diplomatic response I take the opposite view and he should have called it for what it was. Where is Gus when you need him I’m sure he would not have been so diplomatic had he still been here.

Yeah compared to fifita it’s really mind boggling. I listened to talkin sport on the way home and I think you are right about being conservative at 95, there was not one person that agreed with it in anyway, the reactions of callers and the panel ranged from mostly perplexed and frustrated to some people who were down right furious as non panther fans, there was no one who attempted to defend it or thought it was even close to correct.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah compared to fifita it’s really mind boggling. I listened to talkin sport on the way home and I think you are right about being conservative at 95, there was not one person that agreed with it in anyway, the reactions of callers and the panel ranged from mostly perplexed and frustrated to some people who were down right furious as non panther fans, there was no one who attempted to defend it or thought it was even close to correct.

I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to being one eyed and biased particularly in respect of complaining about not getting a fair go from match officials.

When incidents and decisions such as these occur it really does make you wonder whether we do not get a fair go from the NRL and in turn the establishment.

In my opinion it cannot just be mere coincidence.

The absence of Kikau for our next two games is a major loss & blow to our chances of pushing for a position in the top 8 while it doesn’t exactly harm the chances of those behind us in particular the likes of the Broncos.

Guaranteed there will be numerous similar type tackles occur in games across this week’s rounds of matches which will be dealt with entirely differently from the punishment handed out to the Panthers on the field at the time and the subsequent two game suspension to Kikau. It is a disgrace!!!!!!

Kilkenny

Coach
The NRL are slowly but surely killing the game we love.

The obstruction or formally known as the shepard is one such example.

There was a try on the weekend, can’t remember which game, rubbed out for an old fashioned shepard which by the way the rule is now interpreted was the correct call but seriously no one was impeded, the player who caught the ball on the inside was about seven metres behind the player he was deemed to have run around!!!!

Obstruction/Shepards happen all over the field but basically are only officiated on if and during a play result in a try. You can run 90 metres gaining the benefit of an obstruction/Shepard get pulled down a metre out and score of the next play and it’s all good.

The thing about the current concussion issues is they haven’t actually shown what’s causing the CTE.

Is it big hits from shoulder charges, or is the main culprit just the repeated tackling, falling to the ground etc?

if it’s the latter then banning shoulder charges is just window dressing. Could give people a false sense of security.

When you consider how often a player is tackled, falls to the ground, tackles other players, is banning shoulder charges actually making much of a difference?

OldPanther

Coach
The thing about the current concussion issues is they haven’t actually shown what’s causing the CTE.

Is it big hits from shoulder charges, or is the main culprit just the repeated tackling, falling to the ground etc?

if it’s the latter then banning shoulder charges is just window dressing. Could give people a false sense of security.

When you consider how often a player is tackled, falls to the ground, tackles other players, is banning shoulder charges actually making much of a difference?

A player died from a shoulder charge so I'd say yes.