What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 Vs Sharks

chrisD

Coach
Their middle defence seems poor, their goal line defence maybe ok, but that shouldn't be enough.
Be interesting to see how their attack goes against us, Cows racked up points against other teams but nothing I saw I thought would worry our defence, then we kept them scoreless. Sharks I think the same about them but our defence has fallen slightly since we played the Cows.

Hopefully a big defensive effort back to our best, keep them tryless or the token one, setting the standard for our run home.

It's a good time slot and match up for the good quality ball players that'll be out there.

WestyLife

First Grade
The only real team list news is everyone freaking out over Leniu in reserve grade again. Hope it gets streamed this week.

WestyLife

First Grade
Huth is the better player right now. Both should be on the bench though

Yeah. It's why I think Leniu is just getting minutes. Surely Ivan realises the extra forward will be needed for finals especially after origin 3. Might just be my wishful thinking.

tripster

Juniors
It is going to be a wet game. That could make a difference. Quite possibly plays in the Sharks hands a little, given our forwards won't be as mobile in the wet, and their pack is slightly bigger.

Smug Panther

First Grade
It is going to be a wet game. That could make a difference. Quite possibly plays in the Sharks hands a little, given our forwards won't be as mobile in the wet, and their pack is slightly bigger.
Moylan and Hynes are good players but Nathan will outkick them in the wet very easily

The Realist

Juniors
That's what he can do when he gets the ball early instead of last minute a couple of metres from the sideline.

It also shows why Taylan May suits us better. Our team (at full strength) likes to play flat close to the try line with traffic. May is so much better in traffic than Staines is. He regularly scores tries with 2, 3 even 4 defenders around him. Many of these tries Staines wouldn’t even get near scoring, he’d get thrown into touch or easily put down.

Staines would do really well in a team like the Storm or Roosters. They like spreading the ball early with back lines set deeper.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Yeah. It's why I think Leniu is just getting minutes. Surely Ivan realises the extra forward will be needed for finals especially after origin 3. Might just be my wishful thinking.

This time of the year is for preparing for the end of the year.
We saw on the weekend that Fish will pump out big minutes
Yeo, Martin, Kiks and Api play 80

leaves few minutes for the bench. So he is better off playing in NSW Cup.

With Blacker, Hopgood and Mav out. plenty of minutes for him down there

snickers007

Juniors
We haven’t lost many more than 3 games in that period.😂

We've lost 6. 3 under Sutton, 3 under Klein.
We should be more worried about Sutton - have lost a GF and a Week 1 Semi under him - and he's rightly fallen down the pecking order now that his brother isn't in charge. He has some howlers in him.

Klein is rightly the #1 ref in the game at the moment. You won't get any farcical moments under him.
And if we're gonna win the comp, we'll need to learn to win under him, cause he'll 100% have the GF.

Latest posts