What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Storm

Copperhead

Juniors
NRL
Panthers vs Storm
Friday 17th July - 7.45pm
AAMI Park, Melbourne

Ivan Cleary has selected the same side who took the field against the Roosters for this Friday's Round 19 fixture against the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park. The team is as follows:

1. Dallin WATENE- ZELEZNIAK
2. Waqa BLAKE
3. Dean WHARE
4. Isaah YEO
5. David SIMMONS
6. Jamie SOWARD
7. Peter WALLACE
8. Nigel PLUM
9. Api KOROISAU
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Sika MANU
12. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
13. Elijah TAYLOR

INTERCHANGE

14. Lewis BROWN
15. Jeremy LATIMORE
16. Sam McKENDRY
17. Tyrone PEACHEY

NSW CUP

Panthers vs Bulldogs
Saturday 18th July
Belmore Oval – 3pm

Garth Brennan's NSW Cup team travels to Belmore Oval on Saturday afternoon to take on the Bulldogs. Daniel Foster returns to action after a long injury lay-off and Matt Eisenhuth is named to start in the front row. The team is as follows:

1. Adrian DAVIS
2. Eddie AIONO
3. Robert JENNINGS
4. Chris SMITH
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Isaac JOHN
7. Will SMITH
8. Matt EISENHUTH
9. Sione KATOA
10. Leilani LATU
11. Brendan ATTWOOD
12. Ben MURDOCH-MASILA
13. Tupou SOPOAGA

INTERCHANGE

14. Andy SAUNDERS
15. Stanley WAQA
16. Maliko FALINO
17. Daniel FOSTER
19. Sam HOLLIS

NYC

Panthers vs Storm
Friday 17th July
Kick-off: 5.30pm
AAMI Park, Melbourne

After a solid performance against the Roosters Cameron Ciraldo's NYC team will be looking to bring the two points away from AAMI Park, Melbourne. Hot on the heels of selection in the Australian Schoolboys team Nathan Cleary will start the game at halfback with Dylan Edwards retaining the fullback role. The team is as follows:

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Jake ENNIS
3. Brent NADEN
4. Jack NELSON
5. Christian CRICHTON
6. Sam ELWIN
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. Stanton ALBERT
9. Soni LUKE
10. Oliver CLARK
11. Corey WADDELL
12. Tyrone MAY
13. Paea PUA

INTERCHANGE

14. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
15. Thompson TUIGAMALA
16. Cowen EPERE
17. Dylan FUAD
18. Reed IZZARD

Panther Pete

Juniors
Unfortunately for us this will be Cameron Smiths 300th game and the Storm always make a big deal about milestone games so they will extra pumped up. That added to the fact they are coming of a loss and from memory we don't have a good record down there which all means our boys will have to be on their game for 80 mins to be a chance.

Nealo 12

Bench
I just hope that we can compete and not let the occasion get to us. The Guys have to be strong mentally in this one.
No dumb stuff... got to limit the penalties that the Storm will milk.

TheFrog

Coach
Unfortunately for us this will be Cameron Smiths 300th game and the Storm always make a big deal about milestone games so they will extra pumped up. That added to the fact they are coming of a loss and from memory we don't have a good record down there which all means our boys will have to be on their game for 80 mins to be a chance.

Your memory is good Panther Pete, but you understate the problem. Our record down there is frickin' appalling. None from 4 at this ground, and something like 2 from 14 in Melbourne. Not much better at Penrith against this mob, either.

meek

Juniors
Didnt Munster at fullback make us look silly last time we played them - The Storm are one of our real bogey teams - they could play minus the big 3 & Bromwhich and still put a ton on us i-
Not confident - we where woefull last week -
So frustrating watching Blake run with the ball carried the way he does - crazy looks as if hes going to lose it every tackle.
My predciation unfortunately - Melb by 30

Panther Pete

Juniors
Your memory is good Panther Pete, but you understate the problem. Our record down there is frickin' appalling. None from 4 at this ground, and something like 2 from 14 in Melbourne. Not much better at Penrith against this mob, either.

Yep, an appalling record down there is a better way to describe it.

This is a crucial game considering we are on 18 points and generally I think you need 28 to make the finals. Therefore we need 5 more wins out of 8 games, lose this week and it will be almost curtains for us. If someone had suggested to me we would miss the top 8 before this season started I would have laughed at them based on how we went last year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah it's hard to see us winning this game. Doesn't seem to matter what form either team has. Storm are just one of those teams we always struggle against.

We either get absolutely pumped or lose due to something silly like goal kicking or a single bad play. I think our only win in the last 10 years against the Storm was back when Matt Moylan had just made his debut and it was his second or third game.

But to be honest if we can't beat the Storm and Roosters we don't deserve to be in the top 8 anyway. Who gives a shit what costs us the game. I can see Blake coming up with atleast 3 errors against the Storm. Cronk will know he's the weak link and they will target him all night.

TheFrog

Coach
It is two months since the Storm last won a game, except against us. They aren't going all that good either.

We were going OK, but were exposed by a pretty ruthless Roosters outfit. An already star-studded team without a single injured player and they got all the breaks that were going as well. They did their homework and attacked the youthful right side, which wasn't quite up to such a searching examination.

Melbourne aren't in the same class, as their last 2 months shows. We are being written off, but this is a serious drop in class from last week's opponent. We have to show some desperation.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
We dominated Souths the week before and id consider them on a similar level atm. I don't think we'll win but we can if we play the way we did against Souths and Wests.

cain3y

Juniors
I'd move simmons to fullback if he is not injured otherwise if segs is back maybe api?

Latest posts