What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 3Vs Knights Saturday 18th August 3pm Panthers Stadium

GongPanther

Referee
To be fair, I think Yeo over ran him (if we’re talking about the same one), I don’t think he intended to double pump he just panicked when he realised the timing was out.
Why does he throw that pass,even if Yeo had passed him? Holding back a pass is a requirement as a player,especially at dummy half. It's issues like that which reverberate through the side. After his recent issues,he deserves a break.

Pomoz

Bench
Understand what you’re saying & I agree but if you replace a coach with 4 weeks to go, surely you’re doing it to get immediate results?

I also don’t think we would of played the way we did yesterday under Hook. His basic game plan would of been effective yesterday. If there was ever a day to play hit up hit up bomb, it was yesterday.
Martie I absolutely see where you are coming from. I see why Hook needed to be moved on and I agree that even so, it makes no sense for him to leave four weeks out from the finals. it has derailed the team.

The only trouble is we don't really know what happened when the decision was made or how bad things were behind closed doors. The environment may have been so toxic, we just couldn't let him stay, or he just said "F you, I'm outta here". I think there are plenty of smart people at the Panthers, there is no way they would have thought it was good idea to get rid of him 4 weeks out, without good cause. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on this. To do otherwise assumes they are just dumb, I'm really hoping they aren't and circumstances forced their hand.

BxTom

Bench
Martie I absolutely see where you are coming from. I see why Hook needed to be moved on and I agree that even so, it makes no sense for him to leave four weeks out from the finals. it has derailed the team.

The only trouble is we don't really know what happened when the decision was made or how bad things were behind closed doors. The environment may have been so toxic, we just couldn't let him stay, or he just said "F you, I'm outta here". I think there are plenty of smart people at the Panthers, there is no way they would have thought it was good idea to get rid of him 4 weeks out, without good cause. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on this. To do otherwise assumes they are just dumb, I'm really hoping they aren't and circumstances forced their hand.

Good post. The other thing that I have been thinking about is the source of constant stories. There seems to have been a lot of whiteanting going on. People, instead of going to the boss (Gus/Board) and dealing with it internally, preferred to go public (to the press), in the process destabilizing the Panthers just so they could have their own way. Hope that Gus and the board squeeze this pus out of the Panthers. If not, it will just keep happening.

BxTom

Bench
To say the least. They are about to talk on Conmtroversy Corner about Maloney following Griffin out the door.
Could be interesting. I note that they took down the RCG video where he say words to the effect that 'you've heard this version and you've heard that version, and then there's the truth'.

Western Stand

Juniors
now they're saying Nathan and Jimmy are having a fallout. they're just making this shit up
Rothfield hides behind a vale of 'sources'. He uses this line so he cannot be challenged because he cannot give them up. He is full of $!%#^^$ and is just trying to stir trouble.

His beef is with Gus and the club has just become a good reason to get at his foe. It will get worse and the lies bigger now that Channel Nine owns Fairfax media. Gus works for Nine and Fairfax is the enemy to New Limited.

He is the worst thing in the game at the moment. A grub that fills his own needs and wants with his own lies. Rugby League doesn't need people like this having such a big say.

Western Stand

Juniors
We can't blame Rothfield though for the month of inept football. I have been around long enough to see some poor performances but Saturday's team would have lost to them all.

There was no hard running. There was just long ball to long ball from one side of the field to the other. There was no dummy half running. There was no venom in tackles. There was once again ill-discipline that piggy backed the opposition out of their end.

I am not sure if this team is just waiting until September to turn it on but they should be embarrassed with what they dished up on Saturday. I think they just thought that they'd turn up and roll over Newcastle.

It's now time to get serious and have a red hot crack at winning this competition. This means the ludicrous experiment of Peach in the fullback spot has to stop. Katoa has to be replaced by Egan and the forwards need to stand up.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
I think it is going to take a few more weeks yet to De-griffin ourselves.

DWZ needs to be at fullback, when finals come, the good teams are going to destroy Peachy's positional play non stop.

Egan i think will run out in the 9 this week after listening to Cameron in the presser threatening starting positions (good)

Tamou for all his haters has been one of our best, and at the end of the day we need to remember RCG has been out for 2 months with only a few games under his belt.

Cleary FFS needs to earn his coming wage, its his team and he needs to deliver.

We clearly missed Jimmy's game management on the weekend..

We will get it right, and i think we will get it right when it counts... Top 4 or not...

mxlegend99

Referee
Weve missed Jimmys game management for over 10 weeks now. Honestly I think people are forgetting just how bad we have been for a long time now.

Broncos had us down ~30 nil before easing up on us. Since then we've played shit teams and been outplayed in them all aswell. Only we managed to pull a win out of our ass 3 games in a row. Like we did at the start of the season (down by 14 3 consecutive weeks... for 2 wins and a loss) .. eventually that win isnt coming.

Jimmy isnt fixing shit. There's no magic fix for that. It's hard work and discipline that fixes that. Hopefully we got a wake up call by losing. But its doubtful. That loss was a long time coming

GongPanther

Referee
To say the least. They are about to talk on Conmtroversy Corner about Maloney following Griffin out the door.
Like I said before,expect more of Rothfield's and NEWS Corp shit for the rest of the year. And not just us. Other teams are copping rubbish from these deplorable shit stirrers.

And yea,I still watch these idiots,but only for the rolleyes and lolz.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
I remember in our last game Manly game Brian Kelly ran straight it straight at our line and got about 3 times. Not an injured Maloney or anything, and some of the players were forwards too. Honestly to me that kinda contact in defense is worse than what we did last week.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

well said