What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 - Tips & Crowds

The Informer

Juniors
Dragons v Knights
$1.50 v $2.50 head to head
Dragons have won 8 last 10 at Kogarah, Knights have lost 5 last 7 at same ground. Dragons errors low, completions high last week, touch of skill and luck (intercept try) got them home. Their combinations with numerous new inclusions will improve with the run and always hard to beat here. Knights rarely win without Johns and Buderus, looked very soft for 30 mins prior to half time with 24 points put on them pretty easily. 81% completions, 31 dummy half runs, low errors all reads well, but I'm not convinced. Simple attack and considerable emphasis on defence will be their focus. I couldn't bet here with any confidence although favour Dragons at Kogarah.

Penrith v Bulldogs
$2.65 v $1.45 head to head
Doggies have a good recent record over Penrith anywhere, won 4 last 6 and won last 2 at Penrith. Don't like the form of either side out of game 1. Penrith failed to score, high errors, ordinary handling, looked flat. Dogs are with out Williams, Hughes and Utai, the forward depth looks quite thin (add Asotasi, Myles and Grimildi who are gone to that injured list and that's 5 quality forwards missing from last yrs list), ordinary ball control and high errors last wk. I think they are still being thought of as who they were, not what they might be now. Panthers have Pritchard back which is significant, he is like a Johns or Lockyer is to their clubs sides when in form, prefer their forward line up in size and depth here and I'd suggest Elliott will have them quite wound up to to bounce back. At the odds which ever way they are good value this week for mine.

Super Saturday looks like delivering some ugly results.

Tigers v Eagles
$1.70 v $2.10 head to head
I can't believe the markets here, Tigers $1.70 or $1.90 at the line -2.5. Hello, someone hasn't been watching imo. Tigers have won 9 of last 10 at Leichhardt, Eagles have a poor record here losing last 3 at ground, will be with out Menzies, Matai, Orford and Stewart in doubt and or will play carrying leg injuries, thin forward depth, not good. Tigers come through strong form game in my view v's Storm away, have all key players on deck and should be winning 13+, the -2.5 is money for jam.

Raiders v Storm
$4.25 v $1.20 head to head
Raiders inexperience showed under some pressure last week, terrible handling, high errors, poor result. Now missing 4 key forwards, they’ll have some trouble one would expect with this game this week. Storm have won their last 3 at Canberra, expect this to be by a margin.

Cowboys v Roosters
$1.20 v $4.25 head to head
Had the ball stuck after half time with a 10 point lead I though the Cowboys could have dusted up the Broncos. They'll improve with combination, Smith a big plus, now allows Bowen to be playing a little wider which will hurt many. They are again playing a high offload and passing game which is going to punish some, this might well be the first. Roosters will be stung from a poor effort on Monday, but not sure what more they have to offer, expect their one marker plan and defence pattern in general will be well and truly tested here, throw in the shot back up from Monday night, Cowboys 13+.

Warriors v Broncos
$1.50 v $2.50 head to head
Pretty even record between these two, 2 each of last 4, 2 each of last 4 at Mt Smart. Broncos lose Lockyer and Parker which is obviously significant, both also the proven goal kickers. Thought the scoreboard looked closer than it was last week with poor handling (62%), high missed tackles, 27 dummy half runs, not how the Broncs would have wanted to start. They'll be rusty at 7 and 6 for some weeks as to be expected, might well see Moon also used around the halves and the probable goal kicker. Up against a mob with plenty of grunt up front, speed and skill behind it, confidence up and back on their own dung hill. This is a test if they are top 4 contenders this yr, Warriors hard to beat back at the line -5.5.

Souths v Eels
$1.80 v $1.95 head to head
Find this game very hard to read. Warriors got away quickly on the Eels but their game didn't read as badly as the score, more so the amount of ball the Warriors had through the first 25 as opposed to any high error play from the Eels. With a little more ball and control the 2nd session read ok and evened out from 0 - 24 to 18 - 10. Souths handled the first assignment well, word is they have been composed since (as opposed to getting carried away Monday night) and will be focusing on the job at hand, putting a few back to back. I favour the confidence and composure of the Rabbits at the moment, but this looks a tight affair and an Eels bounce back would not surprise.

Titans v Sharks
$1.65 v $2.20 head to head
Titans start fav's again, lol. Their stats read well through last week. First game, some pressure, handled it ok and will improve. General errors were ok aside from Campbell (looking for him to bounce back), and interesting that they played a high number off offloads across their game reflecting their preparedness to shift the footy which will help them plenty if it begins to click. Sharks have far more of a plan, scored 2 tries off set plays in their attacking 20 which is something they've had no idea about in the past few years and held their line ok although not really questioned. Stuart is keeping things pretty simple at this stage, high completions, low errors, simple 1 and 2 pass plays. Worry is a poor away record in general and whether their game is a little too basic if they get behind quickly. Probably Titans at home.

Bets this week.

Anchor. Tigers -2.5 $1.90 x Storm -12.5 $1.90 x Cowboys -12.5 $1.85 x Warriors -5.5 $1.90 = $12.68 / 1

Speculator 1. Penrith H to H $2.65 x Tigers -2.5 $1.90 x Storm -12.5 $1.90 x Cowboys -12.5 $1.85 x Warriors -5.5 $1.90 = $33.62 / 1

Speculator 2. Penrith 1-12 $4.25 x Tigers 13+ $3.10 x Storm -12.5 $1.90 x Cowboys -12.5 $1.90 x Warriors -5.5 $1.90 = $102.02 / 1

Raider_69

Post Whore
canberra should get at least 20k this weekend... what kind of league fan would miss out on seeing greg inglis carve a side up?

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Informer said:
Penrith v Bulldogs
$2.65 v $1.45 head to head
Doggies have a good recent record over Penrith anywhere, won 4 last 6 and won last 2 at Penrith.

We've actually won 2 out of the last 3 against the Bulldogs. Which is more recent :cool:

Their 2 wins against us at penrith have been very close (16-18 in 2005, 30-22 in 2006)and only decided on Hazem El Masri's goalkicking, so there might be some reason for optimism for penrith fans.

If I tipped seriously and with the head I'd have to tip Bulldogs, but i'll tip penrith because its not like i'm going to win any tipping comps anyway :x

Mr Saab

Referee
Panthers v Bulldogs
Dragons v Knights
Tigers v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Storm
Cowboys v Roosters
Warriors v Broncos
Rabbitohs v Eels
Titans v Sharks

Hutty1986

Immortal
Panthers v Bulldogs By 10
Dragons v Knights By 16
Tigers v Sea Eagles By 12
Raiders v Storm By 24
Cowboys v Roosters By 18
Warriors v Broncos By 16
Rabbitohs v Eels By 8
Titans v Sharks By 6

ShineDog

Juniors
Panthers v Bulldogs ......dogs 28 - 6.
Dragons v Knights .......dragons 18- 14.
Tigers v Sea Eagles.......tigers 24- 20.
Raiders v Storm....... storm 26- 10.
Cowboys v Roosters.....cowboys 36 - 12.
Warriors v Broncos.....warriors 32 - 8.
Rabbitohs v Eels.......rabbitohs 18 - 12.
Titans v Sharks........titans 18 - 14.

Thought I would add scores rather than crowds.
Trust me I am never wrong I am a Doggies fan.

The Informer

Juniors
The Informer said:
Tigers v Eagles
$1.70 v $2.10 head to head
I can't believe the markets here, Tigers $1.70 or $1.90 at the line -2.5. Hello, someone hasn't been watching imo. Tigers have won 9 of last 10 at Leichhardt, Eagles have a poor record here losing last 3 at ground, will be with out Menzies, Matai, Orford and Stewart in doubt and or will play carrying leg injuries, thin forward depth, not good. Tigers come through strong form game in my view v's Storm away, have all key players on deck and should be winning 13+, the -2.5 is money for jam.

Well the plonk is happening.

Tigers -2.5 at the line opened at $1.90 backed this arvo into $1.80 at present (unders is some places). Hope some of you get the overs. ;-)

wittyfan

Referee
Panthers v Bulldogs - Bulldogs by 14
Dragons v Knights - Dragons by 8
Tigers v Sea Eagles - Tigers by 16
Raiders v Storm - Storm by 34
Cowboys v Roosters - Cowboys by 22
Warriors v Broncos - Warriors by 6
Rabbitohs v Eels - Rabbitohs by 10
Titans v Sharks - Sharks by 4

fanatique

Juniors
I don't want to rain on any parade - he says before doing so !!! - but people predicting 26,000 plus for Souths at Telstra against Parra are shall we say a bit overly positive. I will be surprised, pleasantly surprised but surprised nevertheless, if the attendance is over 18,000. The fixture simply doesn't draw big.

kooriguy

Juniors
we are at home and it will be closer then people think the tank returns, like the look of the dragons will be up there again, got a feeling tigers will be pumped for their game at home, storm will run cleaners through raiders, cowboys are in the best form for mine, warriors not far behind top 4 material, rabbitohs look like a million bucks too much class for eels, like the titans attack will definetly trouble sharkies.

Panthers v Bulldogs
Dragons v Knights
Tigers v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Storm
Cowboys v Roosters
Warriors v Broncos
Rabbitohs v Eels
Titans v Sharks

fanatique

Juniors
Panthers V DOGS 13,000
DRAGONS V Knights 16,000
WESTS V Sea eagles 17,500
Raideers V STORM 11,000
COWBOYS V Roosters 21,000
Warriors v Broncos 18,000
SOUTHS V Eels 18,000
Titans V SHARKS 17,000

Aggregate 131,500
Average 16,437.

The Informer

Juniors
Some interesting stats around a few of the games this weekend.

Sharks away record across the last 2 yrs reads poorly, lost 17 of 26 away (66%), including losing away streaks of 8 in a row in 05 and 5 in a row in 06. The Titans are yet unknown so trying to work out Monday nights game only provides a headache. Who knows, could well be one of the winning away games (34%) that the Sharks chalk up.

In support of the inexperienced Dragons line up being rated $1.50 favs v's the Knights at Kogarah for Friday nights game, the Telegraph quotes that the Knights have not won a game when playing with out both Johns and Buderus for 10 yrs!! And I'd hazzard a guess that this current line up might well be rated below many of those before it over those last 10 yrs too, mind you I'd probably suggest the same right now about the Dragons (current line up might well be rated below many of those before it) although a few of their kids have looked of some quality coming through the grades. Guess the other question is how often have the Knights actually played without either across those 10 yrs, wouldn't have been that many I would have thought.

As mentioned before, Tigers have won 9 of last 10 at Leichhardt, including their last 3 at the ground v's Eagles.

And what about this one - Cowboys have played the Roosters 19 times, current record - Cowboys 2 Roosters 17 (Roosters 10 of last 11). Makes giving away 12.5 start (like I have) a little interesting . . . . .

simon says

First Grade
Timmah said:
Tigers to just beat MAN by 2 @ Leichh, 12,000.

Dodge........12k.
You have to be kidding me.

If it pours down with rain we will get 12k.

Tigers v Eagles at LO is a good crowd puller.

Im expecting about 19k after the good perfromances by both teams last week,and its only one of three games at LO.

Bumper crowd IMO.

fanatique

Juniors
Simaon is right about Wests V manly at LO. Only if thre is a Monsoon will it be lower than 15,000 and i think 17 to 18,000 is likely. No way barring absolutley freaky weather will it be 12,000.

Bicey_18

Bench
The Informer said:
Some interesting stats around a few of the games this weekend.

Sharks away record across the last 2 yrs reads poorly, lost 17 of 26 away (66%), including losing away streaks of 8 in a row in 05 and 5 in a row in 06. The Titans are yet unknown so trying to work out Monday nights game only provides a headache. Who knows, could well be one of the winning away games (34%) that the Sharks chalk up.

In support of the inexperienced Dragons line up being rated $1.50 favs v's the Knights at Kogarah for Friday nights game, the Telegraph quotes that the Knights have not won a game when playing with out both Johns and Buderus for 10 yrs!! And I'd hazzard a guess that this current line up might well be rated below many of those before it over those last 10 yrs too, mind you I'd probably suggest the same right now about the Dragons (current line up might well be rated below many of those before it) although a few of their kids have looked of some quality coming through the grades. Guess the other question is how often have the Knights actually played without either across those 10 yrs, wouldn't have been that many I would have thought.

As mentioned before, Tigers have won 9 of last 10 at Leichhardt, including their last 3 at the ground v's Eagles.

And what about this one - Cowboys have played the Roosters 19 times, current record - Cowboys 2 Roosters 17 (Roosters 10 of last 11). Makes giving away 12.5 start (like I have) a little interesting . . . . .

I guess they arent counting last weeks win over the Bulldogs.... No Johns No Buderus

But the telegraph dont want to let the real facts get in their way of a good "stat"

eels_fan_01

Bench
Anyone who thinks Souths and Eels will get under 20 thousand is crazy. Im predicting about 28 thousand people to that game, its gonna be huge.

Snoz

Juniors
if orford & stewart play manly will win - if not they could get a hiding.

choc is a better player than beaver (he is getting on) meaning if anything they should be stronger than last week