What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Panthers

Old Timer

Coach
A question for everyone with the knowledge Rava is injured and Saab is injured or out of favour. Would you rather a. 1. Lomax 2.Lafai 3. Aitken, b. 1. Dufty 3. Lafai 2. Lomax or c. 1. Lomax 2. Dufty 3. Lafai? If Saab is carrying some injuries or a had a bad off season these are our only realistic options. The option we went with is probably what I would have gone with. I expect them to switch around on occasion and Lomax can still work on some things from the wing. Im obviously taking a positive angle but this is what I believe was the thought process.
You were going ok until you said “thought process”

SBD82

Coach
A question for everyone with the knowledge Rava is injured and Saab is injured or out of favour. Would you rather a. 1. Lomax 2.Lafai 3. Aitken, b. 1. Dufty 3. Lafai 2. Lomax or c. 1. Lomax 2. Dufty 3. Lafai? If Saab is carrying some injuries or a had a bad off season these are our only realistic options. The option we went with is probably what I would have gone with. I expect them to switch around on occasion and Lomax can still work on some things from the wing. Im obviously taking a positive angle but this is what I believe was the thought process.
I would have taken
1. Lomax
2. Jordan
3. Williame
4. Tyrell
5. Lafai

Over any of the options that you’ve proposed. And I’m not happy with Lafai on the wing.

BLM01

First Grade
1 Dufty
2 Lomax
3 Williame
4 Lafai
5 Jordy

It'll be announced in about 4 minutes.
Mary is a cancer.
The only sensible thing that can come from this is that Lomax & Williame swap
But if he puts Zac on the wing.............well you all know how to finish that. I will be banned if I do

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I would have taken
1. Lomax
2. Jordan
3. Williame
4. Tyrell
5. Lafai

Over any of the options that you’ve proposed. And I’m not happy with Lafai on the wing.
Fuimaono would be my choice at right centre also after watching him in the trials and game 1. I just don't rate Lafai as a winger. My hope is that they use Dufty and Lomax interchangeably to take advantage of each others strengths. In saying that Jennings is looking more attractive by the week.

SBD82

Coach
Fuimaono would be my choice at right centre also after watching him in the trials and game 1. I just don't rate Lafai as a winger. My hope is that they use Dufty and Lomax interchangeably to take advantage of each others strengths. In saying that Jennings is looking more attractive by the week.
Where do you defend Dufty? On the wing so that they can kick to their wingers? Or at the back so that he can be the extra defensive player when Kikau is on a rampage down an edge?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Where do you defend Dufty? On the wing so that they can kick to their wingers? Or at the back so that he can be the extra defensive player when Kikau is on a rampage down an edge?
Bennett used to hide Soward out on the wing at times, worked at the time could work again. I will leave that up to Flanno. But certain kick returns id use Lomax and others id use Dufty when he wasn't so likely to get rag dolled.

This bloke is dumber than dog s*it. I hate to say it but Penrith are going to tear us a new a**hole and probably put 40 on us. This mighty club has been absolutely destroyed by numerous selfish c**** over the last 7-8 years. So sad really

I love the passion
What’s your Coaching resume like :thumbsup:

SBD82

Coach
Bennett used to hide Soward out on the wing at times, worked at the time could work again. I will leave that up to Flanno. But certain kick returns id use Lomax and others id use Dufty when he wasn't so likely to get rag dolled.
Soward was hidden by Beau Scott. And very very rarely on the wing. We don’t have a Beau Scott.

How would we get to decide when Lomax would take the kick returns? It doesn’t take a kicker as good as Cleary to isolate Dufty.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Soward was hidden by Beau Scott. And very very rarely on the wing. We don’t have a Beau Scott.

How would we get to decide when Lomax would take the kick returns? It doesn’t take a kicker as good as Cleary to isolate Dufty.
I would use Dufty at fullback for example off line dropouts or send him back on sets where we have pinned them in their own half if either of these things even happen. If they are kicking past the hallway line id use Lomax I guess. Lets see what happens but either way its going to be temporary. And for the record id use Fuimaono at right centre not Lafai but that isn't going to happen so its not worth talking about.

SBD82

Coach
I would use Dufty at fullback for example off line dropouts or send him back on sets where we have pinned them in their own half if either of these things even happen. If they are kicking past the hallway line id use Lomax I guess. Lets see what happens but either way its going to be temporary.
But that would mean that their kickers would have plenty of time on long kicks to isolate Dufty and ragdoll him.

Or they could bomb to his corner when attacking our line.

And I take no consolation in the fact that it will be temporary. What wacky plan does McGregor have next for fullback?

Oh wait. I already know. It’s Norman.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
But that would mean that their kickers would have plenty of time on long kicks to isolate Dufty and ragdoll him.

Or they could bomb to his corner when attacking our line.

And I take no consolation in the fact that it will be temporary. What wacky plan does McGregor have next for fullback?

Oh wait. I already know. It’s Norman.
Its ok time will tell, we will all see soon enough, I'm not defending anyone and to be honest have far greater concerns in life right now than NRL in general anyway. This is pure escapism for me. Im just trying to go through every scenario that must have gone through the coaches heads to wrap my head around what the possible game plan is. Its just a bit of fun I wouldn't get too upset about other peoples opinions we all talk a lot of shit, all of us.

kit66

Bench
Like most of your work but sorry this time you are being an apologist for a shocking selection decision.
If Rava hadn't been injured in game 1 would you agree with giving Lomax just 1 game and then instantly going back to Dufty?
If you can't agree with that then you can't agree with this blooper as a winger is what was required nothing more nothing less and if you don't think Lomax is a FB then I can assure you out of all games he has played including trials clearly show wing his worst position.
It was all very easy but fumble mum managed to find a way to complicate the show and muddy the waters.

I understand the anger. If Lomax is dropped from fb permanently I'll be as angry as anyone - I've made a few posts saying he should be given plenty of time to settle in at the back as I believe he can become very good there. I was just thinking of this week and the options available. I'd be happy if we just replace Ravi with Saab ( I also want Saab in the 17 to tell you the truth ) but I think there's a problem there as he keeps being overlooked. I'd be happy with Lomax at left centre and Saad outside him too but again won't happen. I don't want Sailor or Dufty on the wing because they'll just get dragged into touch at every opportunity. So not really apologizing for anyone - especially our poor excuse for a coach.

when is the Bjorn Borg kid available to play first grade ?

I have to confess though that I like watching Dufty play, I miss it, for all his faults he can be electric not to mention win us games. And you have to admit we're not a very exciting team to watch right now otherwise.

blacksafake

First Grade
Well that’ll do me.
IF & I mean if you’re gonna move Lomax the bloody obvious place is to centre not camped out on the wing.
All off season all we heard was Zac will be given first shot at fullback!
It just goes to show you that you don’t need a longneck to be a goose.

SBD82

Coach
Its ok time will tell, we will all see soon enough, I'm not defending anyone and to be honest have far greater concerns in life right now than NRL in general anyway. This is pure escapism for me. Im just trying to go through every scenario that must have gone through the coaches heads to wrap my head around what the possible game plan is. Its just a bit of fun I wouldn't get too upset about other peoples opinions we all talk a lot of shit, all of us.
Mate I’m absolutely pissed. But not at you.

I get that being a footy fan is escapism. But it doesn’t mean that I can’t want my team to be successful. I’m also able to separate holding opposing views from the personal. Apologies if that didn’t appear to be the case.

What I can’t abide is any more of Mary’s awful player management.

I understand Dufty provides strike power.

He is also a very ordinary defender.

Lomax moved after one premiership game despite being told the fullback position was his. Zero time to settle into the position.

Mr Kneejerk desperate to maintain the contract he should never, ever have been given is already shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

f**king prize Knob!!!

Reality is we lack the cattle.

We need two tough uncompromising props, new halves and almost a whole new backline.

Plain and simple.

Bennett made ordinary footballers good footballers.

Mary has the reverse effect.

I will go to church on Sunday to pray.

We need all the help we can get!!!!