1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 2 v Panthers

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Dragonslayer, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Bloodbath

Bloodbath Juniors

I just hope we lose .unless the board will look at mcidiot and think to themselves,Gee this guy can coach .

2. Auntie.Gerald

Auntie.Gerald Bench

the spies are out

Snr playing group and Flanno over ruled McGregor

Lomax to wing

Dufty to FB

blue bags likes this.
  3. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

When I seen the selection I felt like throwing my phone into the concrete. Just trying to make some sense of it. Difficult but trying my best. With the current goings on though this season makes the JDB saga look like a walk in the park and Jayden Okunbur, who's he?

4. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

Maybe Flanno was saying "put another nail in your coffin Mary"
    surely he has got to lose the support from players???

5. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

Just the mention of Aitken has made me realise Dufty's selection is not all that bad.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

The comp may be suspended for a few weeks after game 2. Mary going for the win to say..look we are in the 8. But the Panthers have other ideas.
    Dont worry it is a smokescreen for something else.

blue bags likes this.
  7. blue bags

blue bags Bench

dufty at dummy half , go from there , its not rocket science

8. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Kikau could potentially score more tries himself then our team altogether Friday night ....

This Year? and blue bags like this.
  9. blue bags

blue bags Bench

Kikau was injured last week, any news on him ?

10. Forbes Creek Dragons

Yeah well Lomax has shown a good playmaking ability so id use him out the back on sweeping plays and use Dufty on any play up the middle. He would be lethal if used correctly. That try he scored tying Tedesco in a knot in the charity shield is still and always will be one the greatest tries score in a red v.

JohnnoMcJohnno and blue bags like this.
  11. Forbes Creek Dragons

Hope he plays, he's in my SuperCoach side, might captain him.

blue bags likes this.
  12. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

A few people have mention Saab lack of form in 9's and trials as a reason for non selection. Fair enough. I think he was solid on the weekend with a nice runaway try.
    What has Dufty done to gain selection.
    He was dropped late last year. Played a game at FB and centre and his last two games were on the wing. All performances were lackluster and he looked like he didnt want to be there.
    Has not played a game since....

Reddragon and blue bags like this.
  13. blue bags

blue bags Bench

yes thats right, not fulltime dummy half, but in the right times

14. Forbes Creek Dragons

He must have had a cracker off season I'm not too sure as to the inner workings of the side. Im sure its not a lone Mary decision though. He and Flanno must have discussed it. Maybe they feel Saab needs a few weeks against men. Im not sure, I just hope they don't push him out. Personally id go with him to keep continuity at the back and give him a bit more of a run but as I said I don't know what happened behind the scenes. Maybe Rava and Dufty went really well and Saab struggled? This season might only last a few weeks though so why not give some of the young guns a go with no crowd pressure to build up the confidence.

15. Paddles

Paddles Juniors

I wouldn't be surprised to see the classic 11th hour trickster change that Mary loves and has been doing for years - Lomax to FB, Dufty out, and the prodigal son Aitken back in to loosen up defence in those centres with Lafai on a wing or vice versa.

16. redandwhite4evr

redandwhite4evr Juniors

17. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

You could very well be right.

I’m not sure what would piss me off more. The f**king stupid decision that he has made with the lineup now. Or the smarmy look on his stupid face if he does what you’ve said.

This Year? likes this.
  18. This Year?

This Year? Coach

I can totally see this happening and I can totally see myself throwing my remote through the TV when Aitken rushes out of the line and Hunt gets a season ending injury after being trampled by Kikau when he scores a try.

[​IMG]

SBD82 likes this.
  19. possm

possm Coach

It looks like the end of Mary is near. I only hope that it is Sheppard to be interim coach.

20. possm

possm Coach

We just won't win with Dufty at fullback and Aiken at right centre. None of this makes sense to me.