What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 V Rabbitohs

No one gives a shit that Jimmy is a self confessed mercenary. As long as the form justifies the cash. So far it doesnt. If he comes good, and we all hope he does, Umina will be be making his Mrs wear a Maloney mask to get him in the mood come finals time. The only reason he is getting heat is that he hasnt played great footy in over a year. And if anyone thinks he moved to Penrith for any reason other than financial is delusional.
She still wears the Sowie headgear from time to time

Abacus

Juniors
No one gives a shit that Jimmy is a self confessed mercenary. As long as the form justifies the cash. So far it doesnt. If he comes good, and we all hope he does, Umina will be be making his Mrs wear a Maloney mask to get him in the mood come finals time. The only reason he is getting heat is that he hasnt played great footy in over a year. And if anyone thinks he moved to Penrith for any reason other than financial is delusional.
So he doesn't think he can win a comp here? Play a lead role in that. Doesn't want to mentor Cleary? Weren't these the reasons given by Maloney.
Happy to disregard what comes out of players' mouths - as long as others aren't going to preach that a player's word is gospel.

mxlegend99

Referee
He left Sharks because he wanted more money. That was his primary reason for being unhappy with them. That goes back to him being on a $600k contract and Ben Hunt signing a contract worth double what he was on.

He might have a thousand reasons for picking us over other clubs. But at the end of the day he wanted a huge payrise and that's why he left the Sharks. He felt like he was worth more than they were paying him. Moylan supposedly felt the same after being in Origin.

The fact is he would not be here if he wasn't getting that payrise. He might have other reasons to pick us over say the Knights or other teams interested. But money is the reason he wanted out of Sharks.

Edit
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...one-else-are-accessories-20170825-gy44ui.html

Maloney on what he thinks he's worth.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
He left Sharks because he wanted more money. That was his primary reason for being unhappy with them. That goes back to him being on a $600k contract and Ben Hunt signing a contract worth double what he was on.

He might have a thousand reasons for picking us over other clubs. But at the end of the day he wanted a huge payrise and that's why he left the Sharks. He felt like he was worth more than they were paying him. Moylan supposedly felt the same after being in Origin.

The fact is he would not be here if he wasn't getting that payrise. He might have other reasons to pick us over say the Knights or other teams interested. But money is the reason he wanted out of Sharks.

Edit
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...one-else-are-accessories-20170825-gy44ui.html

Maloney on what he thinks he's worth.

I see the distinction now. Leaving Sharks = / = Joining Panthers.

mxlegend99

Referee
I mean you cant blame him. Ben Hunts deal had everyone wanting payrises.

Problem is everyone getting one is taking money away from their teammates. It's unsustainable to pay everyone what they think they're worth. To do so a roster needs to be torn apart.

murraymob

Coach
so what malony come to us for more money. Merrin and Tamou have both openly stated that's why they came to Penrith.The guy is a winner give him time 2 wins 2 games

panther.mike

Juniors
I still don,t hear GI say he was racially abused. He has said he was abused [ welcome to the club] thats what fans pay their money for. And maybe the slow walk did not help.

TheFrog

Coach
TheFrog's Player Ratings

Edwards 7
Mansour 7
Blake 8
Whare 7
Watene-Zelezniak 6
Maloney 6
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Wallace 6
Campbell-Gillard 7
Fisher-Harris 7
Yeo 7
Merrin 7

Harawira-Naera 6
Kikau 6
McKendry 6
Peachey 7

TheFrog

Coach
I still don,t hear GI say he was racially abused. He has said he was abused [ welcome to the club] thats what fans pay their money for. And maybe the slow walk did not help.
It has been suggested someone shouted out the name of a Led Zeppelin song as he left the field.

so what malony come to us for more money. Merrin and Tamou have both openly stated that's why they came to Penrith.The guy is a winner give him time 2 wins 2 games

FWIW a lot of sharks fans think he went downhill quite a bit last year, I’m not writing him off but he’s no spring chicken. Some players past 30 find it hard to regain form.

franklin2323

Immortal
According to the souths fans bringing on Peachey when he did was a genius move by Hook.

Peachey himself said he needs fitness to play longer in the middle. We want him following the ball so it will burn him out quickly. The aim should be about 30 left bring him on... When he gets to that fitness it is

franklin2323

Immortal
It has been suggested someone shouted out the name of a Led Zeppelin song as he left the field.

I didn't hear anything my side. If said surely someone hears and he/she is booted during the game.

Though look at our team. It makes no sense for racists to follow us... Or the comp fullstop

OldPanther

Coach
I didn't hear anything my side. If said surely someone hears and he/she is booted during the game.

Though look at our team. It makes no sense for racists to follow us... Or the comp fullstop

You don't have to be a racist to say something like that once to get a rise out of someone.

It's crazy to see the lengths people are going to twist this. The complaint was made and is being investigated. It's not like Panthers have made it up for some extra publicity.

franklin2323

Immortal
You don't have to be a racist to say something like that once to get a rise out of someone.

It's crazy to see the lengths people are going to twist this. The complaint was made and is being investigated. It's not like Panthers have made it up for some extra publicity.

Why would they make it up? I just find it hard to believe that in a crowd that size. Not one other person heard it or saw who said it.

That said the person deserves a life ban if found guilty

OldPanther

Coach
Why would they make it up? I just find it hard to believe that in a crowd that size. Not one other person heard it or saw who said it.

That said the person deserves a life ban if found guilty

Well I assume that's why it's alleged and being investigated. It's stupid virtue signalling members of the public who take everything as fact straight away.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well I assume that's why it's alleged and being investigated. It's stupid virtue signalling members of the public who take everything as fact straight away.

Remember the outrage when Adam Goodes was booed in AFL? Made out to be more than it was. May or may not be the same here. Atleast we are investigating and passed it too the Integrity Unit. I'd rather that then not do anything

Latest posts