What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 V Rabbitohs

OldPanther

Coach
Remember the outrage when Adam Goodes was booed in AFL? Made out to be more than it was. May or may not be the same here. Atleast we are investigating and passed it too the Integrity Unit. I'd rather that then not do anything

Pretty sure someone actually said something to him. League fans have been giving it to the AFL for years about it.

OldPanther

Coach
If they did. I am sure the wingers from both teams or Blake would of heard too and verify it. Can't hide from such things

I meant the AFL thing definitely had something said. Inglis one is a bit more up in the air though it was mentioned in the Souths forum before the story broke.

MrBlack

Juniors
On viewing the game, I would be pretty sure the booing was in reference to the tacklers falling off Blake and him not allowed to get up and run. Maybe Inglis was viewed as doing it on purpose to stop the play.

MrBlack

Juniors
My view on Maloney

1. He was throwing some nice passes to put runners through holes. They weren't quite timed right, probably more to do with the runners only playing 2 games with him. They will start sticking and the line breaks will come. Blake getting some nice early ball as well.

2. He runs. Defense in 2 minds. We now have runners in both our halves. It tires forwards who are constantly chasing smaller runners.

3. His talk - most players when interviewed praise his ability to keep the team focused and not panic in any situation.

4. Cleary has freedom to play his natural game. He is still getting caught on the 5th but it is not an issue any more.

All these above would indicate good value for me right now. There is potential to get a whole lot better.

franklin2323

Immortal
My view on Maloney

1. He was throwing some nice passes to put runners through holes. They weren't quite timed right, probably more to do with the runners only playing 2 games with him. They will start sticking and the line breaks will come. Blake getting some nice early ball as well.

2. He runs. Defense in 2 minds. We now have runners in both our halves. It tires forwards who are constantly chasing smaller runners.

3. His talk - most players when interviewed praise his ability to keep the team focused and not panic in any situation.

4. Cleary has freedom to play his natural game. He is still getting caught on the 5th but it is not an issue any more.

All these above would indicate good value for me right now. There is potential to get a whole lot better.

There is some skills you can't teach all of those mentioned are those kind

TheFrog

Coach
On viewing the game, I would be pretty sure the booing was in reference to the tacklers falling off Blake and him not allowed to get up and run. Maybe Inglis was viewed as doing it on purpose to stop the play.
Why did the Rabbitohs take so long to get GI off the field having bumped his head, and why did the game have to be stopped the entirety of that time? This is something the NRL needs to look at. Other players go off for HIA's without holding the game up for lengthy periods, often without the game being stopped at all. Why is GI treated differently? Give 'em footy to watch, then they won't boo an opposition player and team holding up the game with the ref's sanction as soon as the run of play starts going against them. It wouldn't have helped that Blake was called back after beating the tackle.

In all honesty, I don't think Henry Perenara is a first grade referee, it is he who contributed most to what transpired.

Last edited:

MrBlack

Juniors
Why did the Rabbitohs take so long to get GI off the field having bumped his head, and why did the game have to be stopped the entirety of that time? This is something the NRL needs to look at. Other players go off for HIA's without holding the game up for lengthy periods. Give 'em footy to watch, then they won't boo an opposition player holding up the game. It wouldn't have helped that Blake was called back after beating the tackle.

It's a ridiculous rule. The play was already 20 metres up field. The only thing in Inglis defense is that he went off and didn't come back on. So no way he was faking it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Why did the Rabbitohs take so long to get GI off the field having bumped his head, and why did the game have to be stopped the entirety of that time? This is something the NRL needs to look at. Other players go off for HIA's without holding the game up for lengthy periods, often without the game being stopped at all. Why is GI treated differently? Give 'em footy to watch, then they won't boo an opposition player and team holding up the game with the ref's sanction as soon as the run of play starts going against them. It wouldn't have helped that Blake was called back after beating the tackle.

In all honesty, I don't think Henry Perenara is a first grade referee, it is he who contributed most to what transpired.

Later in the game a Souths player was 20m behind the play instead of get him off. The trainer waved the ref to call play off. Just get him off and get on with the game.

Morgan last year was the same. Also was booed off too again not him but the situation.

Perenara was terrible. Sent 2 clear no tries up, Penalised Kikau for a bad play the ball when he touched it. Just let the game flow where you can.

MrBlack

Juniors
Later in the game a Souths player was 20m behind the play instead of get him off. The trainer waved the ref to call play off. Just get him off and get on with the game.

Morgan last year was the same. Also was booed off too again not him but the situation.

Perenara was terrible. Sent 2 clear no tries up, Penalised Kikau for a bad play the ball when he touched it. Just let the game flow where you can.

That penalty was a horrible decision. Nobody cares about the play the ball, let the game flow. Next we will start seeing penalties for second row feeds....

OldPanther

Coach
My view on Maloney

He threw a few passes too high and players had to stop to catch them but they'll get their timing. His vision is excellent which is a plus.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He's also a woman basher ehhh..

What was he convicted off?

He may well have made mistakes in the past, but I’ve seen him do some very good stuff for the community, at least six times I’ve seen him down in my local park, surrounded by kids kicking footys and having a cracker of a time.

He seems like a really genuine guy to me. So I’m happy to call him a good bloke. Based on what I’ve seen.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
What was he convicted off?

He may well have made mistakes in the past, but I’ve seen him do some very good stuff for the community, at least six times I’ve seen him down in my local park, surrounded by kids kicking footys and having a cracker of a time.

He seems like a really genuine guy to me. So I’m happy to call him a good bloke. Based on what I’ve seen.

I have no doubt he is a good guy these days, and maybe made a mistake when he was charged with assaulting his partner

franklin2323

Immortal
That penalty was a horrible decision. Nobody cares about the play the ball, let the game flow. Next we will start seeing penalties for second row feeds....

They put a scrum feed clock. Call time off after a conversion...Yet waste time on sending even clear no tries to the bunker.

GongPanther

Referee
The rupture itself isn't really the issue, it is when the contents of the bowel end up in your abdominal cavity (i.e your abdominal cavity gets full of shit), then you can rapidly develop blood poisoning.

Given how quickly it was discovered and how quickly he was operated on, and given we are talking about a rupture from a tackle (and not something like a gunshot wound or a stabbing where it might also be necessary to remove some of the bowel), recovery should be pretty quick.

It probably mostly depends on how much they had to cut his abdomen open to find it, or whether they were able to do it with keyhole surgery.

Septicemia..a nasty condition. Dead within days if no treatment.