What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 V Rabbitohs

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
After a good come from behind win against the Eels now its time to look at our next opponents, the Rabbitohs.

My team.
1 Edwards
2 Mansour
3 Blake
4 Whare
5 DWZ
6 Maloney
7 Cleary
8 Tamou
9 Wallace
10 McKendrey
11 Fisher-Harris
12 Yeo
13 Merrrin
14 RCG
15 Kikau
16 Harawira-Naera
17 Peachey

Assuming Whare is back. Dropped Leota and Pechey to the bench.

Bench feels a prop light. Unless Kikau’s role is changed a bit, but he seems better on the edge. Although I suppose Merrin could play some minutes there.

tripster

Juniors
Does anyone know if we are injury free from the weekend?

Tom.

I don't think there is any word yet. Griffin said in the post match press conference that everyone seemed fine, but we might not know for sure until tomorrow.

TheFrog

Coach
After a good come from behind win against the Eels now its time to look at our next opponents, the Rabbitohs.

My team.
1 Edwards
2 Mansour
3 Blake
4 Whare
5 DWZ
6 Maloney
7 Cleary
8 Tamou
9 Wallace
10 McKendrey
11 Fisher-Harris
12 Yeo
13 Merrrin
14 RCG
15 Kikau
16 Harawira-Naera
17 Peachey

This would be my team, too, although expect RCG to wear the 10, as a mark of his status in the side.

OldPanther

Coach

My team.
1 Edwards
2 Mansour
3 Blake
4 Whare
5 DWZ
6 Maloney
7 Cleary
8 Tamou
9 Wallace
10 McKendrey
11 Fisher-Harris
12 Yeo
13 Merrrin
14 RCG
15 Kikau
16 Harawira-Naera
17 Peachey

Very nice team. How do you use CHN?

Fish moves to the middle like the Eels game. Kikau second row for the same time RCG is on.

20 mins:
Mckendry > RCG
Fish move to front row Tamou off Kikau to second row.
2 interchanges used

60 mins:
Tamou > Fish
CHN > Kikau
4 interchanges used

4 interchanges left for HIA and other shenanigans.

No idea about Peachey. Replace Merrin at lock for a spell? Maybe on at 30 Mins and off at 60 mins, gives Peachy 30 minutes and Merrin 50 mins?

This would leave 2 interchanges.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Very nice team. How do you use CHN?

Fish moves to the middle like the Eels game. Kikau second row for the same time RCG is on.

20 mins:
Mckendry > RCG
Fish move to front row Tamou off Kikau to second row.
2 interchanges used

60 mins:
Tamou > Fish
CHN > Kikau
4 interchanges used

4 interchanges left for HIA and other shenanigans.

No idea about Peachey. Replace Merrin at lock for a spell? Maybe on at 30 Mins and off at 60 mins, gives Peachy 30 minutes and Merrin 50 mins?

This would leave 2 interchanges.

We only used 6 on the weekend. JFH can come back on in the middle too if needed

mxlegend99

Referee
I dont think JFH is effective on the edges. For mine:

1. Edwards
2. Mansour
3. Blake
4. Whare
5. DWZ
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Tamou
9. Wallace
14. JFH
11. Kikau
12. Yeo
13. Merrin

10 RCG
15. Mckendry
16. CHN
17. Peachey

mxlegend99

Referee
CHN will struggle to stay in the 17 this year
I dont think so. We dont have anyone else as must select. Katoa and May will fight for Peacheys spot.

CHN will get better. He did have off-season surgery. Its really amazing Blake was so good so early to be honest. I expected both to take a few weeks to get up to speed.

OldPanther

Coach
We only used 6 on the weekend. JFH can come back on in the middle too if needed

I agree. I structured this around what happened on the weekend. I'd prefer Fish stay in the middle personally. We have Yeo, Kikua, CHN who can cover the backrow.

May can be the utility covering everything other than prop.

So you'd have:

1. Edwards
2. Mansour
3. Whare
4. Blake
5. DWZ
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Tamou
9. Wallace
16. Mckendry/10. RCG
11. Yeo
12. Kikau/CHN
13. Merrin

14. May/Peachey
15. Fish
10. RCG/16. Mckendry
17. Kikau/CHN

You want 2 utility spots?
No id be going a utility, 2 props and a backrower who can also play in the middle because Yeo should play 80 every game and more minutes for Kikau the better we will be.

But we also need to move on from Wallace so Egan needs game time sooner or later. Maybe the best option will be to play him against the sides with weaker packs

OldPanther

Coach
No id be going a utility, 2 props and a backrower who can also play in the middle because Yeo should play 80 every game and more minutes for Kikau the better we will be.

But we also need to move on from Wallace so Egan needs game time sooner or later. Maybe the best option will be to play him against the sides with weaker packs

Forgot Egan. Too many must haves and not enough positions lol

mxlegend99

Referee

May/peach and Katoa/egan on bench is giving away a lot of size though.