What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs. Canberra Discussion + Voting

beads6

First Grade
It seems you are quick to rubbish Beale but when others do it to Gagai it is not on....

Big Pete

Referee
TBH when Yow Yeh dropped that ball it was hopeless but other then that is was a superb game from him IMO.

I wouldn't call it hopeless, that was a really tough take and he only lost it on the slippery turf.

Not great play or anything, but hardly a reason to bring the knives out either (not that you did).

Big Pete

Referee
I disagree it was Beale's fault for the Raiders try, he brought up a decent enough shield and it was Ferguson who got the better of Gagai who put himself in an awkward position by trying to catch it with his hands as opposed to his arms.

Where has AD bagged Beale? Or is that it?

Big Pete

Referee
I disagree it was Beale's fault for the Raiders try, he brought up a decent enough shield and it was Ferguson who got the better of Gagai who put himself in an awkward position by trying to catch it with his hands as opposed to his arms.

beads6

First Grade

He hasn't he is just showing bias towards Gagai in this particular instance.:crazy:

Big Pete

Referee
Oh I getcha.

I thought this was some kind of agenda I wasn't aware of, mind you I wouldn't know whether to side with or face off with AuDragon on the Beale issue, Gerard has done little to impress me so far.

He does have good hands I guess...and he's relatively decent from dummy half.

Big Pete

Referee
Oh I getcha.

I thought this was some kind of agenda I wasn't aware of, mind you I wouldn't know whether to side with or face off with AuDragon on the Beale issue, Gerard has done little to impress me so far.

beads6

First Grade
Oh I getcha.

I don't intend on facing off with anyone. Beale has not been spectacular at all but he has not been disgraceful either. I think he has alot to offer once he finds out what his role is within the side.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I wouldn't call it hopeless, that was a really tough take and he only lost it on the slippery turf.

Not great play or anything, but hardly a reason to bring the knives out either (not that you did).

If he had run back quicker, he would have had an easier catch. Same as last week where he just strolled back to a grubber and got smashed in goal.

AuDragon

Juniors
Beads accusing someone else of bias. :crazy:
Take a long hard look in the mirror mate.

Where did I say Gagai was good? It's more likely that people that wank about Kemp want to bag Gagai. :roll:

Beale didn't do his job protecting his winger, I don't think there is any doubt about that. And I think if you look at the video again, you'll see Beale does nudge Gagai, who went for the "fumble ball" catch, because he wasn't getting any cover from his centre.
Just because he had half decent runs from dummy and carries the ball well, doesn't make him a good centre!
Jack Reed has done way more to deserve the position.

The only thing I'm saying is that based on 2 games, Gagai doesn't deserve to be punted.

FTR, I like Kemp!

Seagullsrock

Juniors

Where did I say Gagai was good? It's more likely that people that wank about Kemp want to bag Gagai. :roll:

Beale didn't do his job protecting his winger, I don't think there is any doubt about that. And I think if you look at the video again, you'll see Beale does nudge Gagai, who went for the "fumble ball" catch, because he wasn't getting any cover from his centre.
Just because he had half decent runs from dummy and carries the ball well, doesn't make him a good centre!

The only thing I'm saying is that based on 2 games, Gagai doesn't deserve to be punted.

FTR, I like Kemp!

If you can't catch under pressure, you shouldn't be in the NRL. They're also a new combo and neither are big talkers, Reed is so you'd expect there to be more issues on the Gagai side. I said that before Round 1.

Trying to protect the winger can be a fruitless exercise anyway. If the winger drops it, then the centre isn't in position to clean the loose ball up.

beads6

First Grade

FTR, I like Kemp!

At what point in this thread did I say drop Gagai for Kemp??? I think I said the opposite of that. If Beale does nudge Gagai would you not think he is at the very least trying to cover for Gagai??? No you wouldn't think of that because you are busy being biased against Beale... Oh wait you are not Biased are you???

beads6

First Grade
Just watched that Canberra try, you are a joke of you are criticizing Beale for any part in that try. Typical biased from AUdragon... Pathetic!

Country Bronco

Juniors
I think we should be giving more credit to Ferguson for developing a fine jump and catch. Inevitably Ferguson will score a lot of tries from kicks this year and you didn't hear that here for the first time.

Latest posts