What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Newcastle

mxlegend99

Referee
Jed Cartwright must be way down the pecking order. Missing 2x second rowers and he's not even in the extended squad.

He would be stoked at the Winterstein signing.

Kilkenny

Coach
Jed Cartwright must be way down the pecking order. Missing 2x second rowers and he's not even in the extended squad.

He offloads too often. Too risky in our possession based game plan!!!!!

tripster

Juniors
Very harsh on Leota. During his first stint, we didn't have the ball.
First stint was: 23 mins, 1 run for 6m
Second stint: 20mins, 7 runs for 60m

He also recovered loose offloads from Parra on at least two occasions, didn't make any errors, and his average play the ball speed was less than 3 seconds.

I agree. He had a good game I thought. His metres were also all tough carries right up he middle. Not a single error and put his body on the line twice to dive on loose balls.

snickers007

Juniors
As a starter though I’d expect what Tamou delivered, 60 minutes, 133 metres, 50 plus tackles, Leota is not a starter, I personally would run with Tamou and Fisher-Harris as starting front rower with Sele/Martin to share the lock roll

Your expectations are completely unreasonable though.
Only 8 players made 50+ tackles this weekend. Tamou was the only prop. The others were all hookers or backrowers. Looks like 31 starting props across the NRL are being dropped...

Bob

Juniors
Your expectations are completely unreasonable though.
Only 8 players made 50+ tackles this weekend. Tamou was the only prop. The others were all hookers or backrowers. Looks like 31 starting props across the NRL are being dropped...
Your opinion which you’re entitled to, as for me I look for more from starters, last year Tamou, Mez and even RCG gave us 100 plus per game on a regular basis,

Abacus

Juniors
1. Adkins ... Edwards to get some form in Reggie’s
2. Mansour
3. Cartwright
4. Blake
5. DWZ
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. J.F.H
9. Katoa
10. Tamou
11. Ellis
12. Yeo
13. Sele

14. Luai
15. RCG
16. Hetherington
17. Martin
I missed the reserves on the weekend. Were the performances from Jed, Ellis and Martin standouts? Or more that the guys dropped need dropping?

Sime_11

Juniors
Very harsh on Leota. During his first stint, we didn't have the ball.
First stint was: 23 mins, 1 run for 6m
Second stint: 20mins, 7 runs for 60m

He also recovered loose offloads from Parra on at least two occasions, didn't make any errors, and his average play the ball speed was less than 3 seconds.

Leota gets a fair amount of stick which is unwarranted IMO, he is the perfect starter, get in and toil for the first 15-20 and then bring RCG on, but RCG needs to come on and lift the intensity which he didnt do on Sunday...

Leota comes back in the second half to keep toiling and make those yards, simple and does his job fairly well, with the salary he'd be on, good value for money and need these guys in your team/forward pack.

Panfa

Juniors
I like this weeks team Good bench even though im not a fan of having hookers on the bench thought egan deserved to hold his spot

age.s

First Grade
Looking forward to seeing more of Sele. He looked particularly effective in defense on what little I saw of him.

The Realist

Juniors

He is GONE next season. As you pointed out...the writing was on the wall with those 2 signings. I think he has real potential but obviously coaching staff have a different view.

Latest posts