What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Penrith

Spazer

Juniors
I have a feeling they'll target our right side defence early and get to a decent lead before running all over us. Even if we get flogged it will be a good chance to show our young guns what a real premiership side looks like and what they could become in a few years.

PS please put a couple of shots on Amone to get him fired up again like they did last year against us.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Penrith had a big win over Cronulla (34-6) in their first trial game then lost to against the Eels (0-36). They bounced back in Round 1 to beat a sort of "lacklustre" Souths outfit quite well but Souths are not travelling all that terrifically at the moment.

Penrith are beatable but as many here have alluded to, their linespeed is masterclass - taught so well by their defensive coach Cameron Ciraldo and then their attacking skills will be hard to contain.

We need to meet their standards equally and with the home ground advantage at Netsrata Jubilee we might have a chance of a surprise win.
They played Manly not Souths

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm disappointed Woods is out. I was looking forward to Api darting though his spot in the line as he meandered back.

It's a bit of a risk playing George so underdone, I suppose he should be experienced enough to know what he will be up against and therefore if he is ready.

Should be a good match, it's a shame it's not the later slot to get the crowd it deserves. Best of luck, and enjoy the game.

kit66

Bench
Hard to see us getting the points in this one, just hope it isn't a blow out.
Best we can do is keep our composure and not panic if they get in front. Do what they do, hold the ball, keep the energy up and line speed to match.
I wouldn't play them up the middle, we're outclassed there. If they have a weakness it's out wide, Luai, new kid Tago and To'o on their left and especially Staines and Chrichton on their right who are both capable of having off days and missing tackles, dropping balls. I'd be going wide at every opportunity, throw the ball around like we've got nothing to lose. Get our left side attack really firing like we did in the CS game. JDB to Hunt out to Bird onto Suli out to Ramsey then back to Sloane trailling through in the middle and under the black dot.
JDB needs to unleash the beast and keep Kikau in check, his off-loads lead to a number of tries against Manly. We should also scream at the ref every time Kikau is involved in a tackle because holds players down and lays in the ruck every bloody time. High energy footy, quick play the balls, spread it, that's my game plan, wear them down.

Dragons in a home ground miracle win by 7.

coastiedragon

Juniors
I give us a hope if McCullough doesn't play he is to slow don't give a shit if he can tackle all number 9's tackle he just past he used by date stifles out attack before we can even start mybe Sullivan rotation

Best we can hope for is a 6pm Friday night at Kogarah is no top 4 side, first game back at Penrith with a statement to make and WE lift for a big team and it being the Norm Provan tribute game. Need better than the Lance tribute game that’s for sure.