What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Sharks

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Fiddy would make a good 2nd rower..

He could fill the Thompson void, not to mention the international press he'd generate for the dragons.

Make it happen, doust..

Old Timer

Coach
Massive test for Nene.

He really does need to wake up and show some intensity tonight, both defensively and with his positional awareness and running game with the ball.

Not much greater scrutiny for players of either team than a local derby.

I just hope this relative newcomer gets it.

Time to man up Nene or else it could be time to Mann up...
All the faults in his game have been there since we signed him and they have provided no reason for him to be dropped.
Nene has only got to do 5 or 6 dummy half runs to ensure he gets picked each week as that apparently is the basis of his selection.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
We will know the final 17 for 1st grade by 4.30-5.00 when the ISP team is announced.
If Sele roles out against Newtown we know Latimore will play.
The mystery is Lomax, if he doesn't play ISP will he get a spot on the bench and replace who, Mann? Or do we have a injury concern amongst our backs that hasn't been revealed. Last thing isvto have him as 18th man, unless he is destined to play JF on Saturday.

I would say he will be 18th man.
That's what mary is looking at.
But mann has a injury but should be no problem.

Old Timer

Coach
I think if we have to choose between Latimore or Sele with the rest of the 17 as is programmed, then Latimore is the better choice, because we need 2 props on the bench.
Latimore.
Hope sele gets a run but latimore is more likely
I think you guys are probably correct.
So with Mc Fookknuckle insisting on Sims starting then it would potentially appear logical to him that Latimore should continue to hold down a bench spot, would you agree?
If that is the case the Luc, Sele, Host, Lawrie, Kerr are all fighting it out for 1 spot as Mann and LAM are definite and as there is little likelihood of anyone in the backs being dropped for at least 5 or 6 rounds and then it might be a case of Mann in Lomax on to the bench and the young forwards still fighting it out for 1 spot?

mickeylane

Bench
Dragons forwards too big too strong

Dragons halves too smart too good

Valentine Holmes, Josh DUGAN will threaten BUT

Dragons to prevail.. Too much to prove in a close one..

True_Believer

Juniors
So are we suggesting that Sele is better as a lock/back rower? And if that is the case, then the only real options for alternative props are Lawrie and Kerr - one of which doesn't appear ready at all and the other which we have seen very little of apart from a 10 minute stint in the back end of a trial against a tiring Super League team? Not to mention comments about their performances last week suggest neither are ready to step up to the big time.

Personally I'd be happy to have Sele and Sims on the bench, Host (based on form) in the back row and Latimore dropped.

However, if this isn't going to work because Sims and Sele aren't considered props or can't do a job there, then we are definitely at least one prop short and Latimore is filling a current gap in the team.

The Friz

Juniors
There should be no excuses and no reasons we can't win this game.
We match them up front and have the better 6&7.
The side has had a 7 day turnaround also.
I'm expecting a quality showing and a victory.

Gareth67

First Grade
I don't get the nene hate.. he's a solid winger who will have an awesome year playing on his preferred side..

I really hope that you are correct muzzy . The man has everything going for him - height - big solid build - speed , I am not so sure . This match will tell a lot about him , up against some very good Sharks ( and Aussie reps ) , would love to see him come out on top .