What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs. Storm

panthersam

Juniors
Very excited for this one after the Round 1 game, hoping that we can do what we did last year and get the points against the Storm.

Assuming the team will stay the same with the addition of big Jamal if he has recovered from the injury?

panthersam

Juniors
Oh yes forgot about Grant too, so Latimore and Yeo to obviously make way?

Is there any update on whether Idris will be good or not for this game?

Blues Riff

Bench
I hope Jamal had a good look at Mansour's effort on Saturday.
He could be anything if he put in the hours in the gym.
Any serious injuries from Rd 1 ?

mxlegend99

Referee
Hopefully we have the same 17 that were mamed to play Round 1 if fit, if idris or Grant aren't fit the same replacements deserve to be kept.

Copperhead

Juniors
I think Simmons was having scans on his knee. How he played on unaffected after dislocating his kneecap is beyond me.

benntash

Juniors
I think we'll do well down there. Storm a coming off a hard faught extra time win which will take its toll on them. Even if cronk comes back this week I can still see us getting up by 1-2 tries. Really looking forward to this game

hindy111

Post Whore
Soward was ordinary IMO
Simmons went ok but I change my tune he will make way for one of the exciting backs.
Moylan is just average.

franklin2323

Immortal
Soward was ordinary IMO

He has had only the 9's as match fitness. Rolled his ankle a fortnight ago so I can't imagine too much training in that time.

Put the kick and regathered for Taylor's try. Had the vision on the last to do the move with Moylan for Mansour's 2nd. Add a 40/20 and he was reasonable in defence got pushed off but hung on so there was no gap. given his lack of fitness I will take that.

betcats

Referee
I was very pleased with Soward and Wallace, assuming they will get a little better once they have played together more I think they can definitely do the job.

Dazraider

Juniors
Like the Panthers team this year, the halves looked good with Soward and Wallace and both needed the change too. Mansour is a beast of a player and I rate this guy among the top backs in the game as he seems to get better every season.
best of luck guys against the storm

mxlegend99

Referee
Mansour could be one of the games elite wingers if he had speed, and was maybe 4 or 5 inches taller. He's so strong and powerful, busts tackles at will and gets through a mountain of work. But he's slow and it's hard to picture him scoring a length of the field try. If he did, it would be by breaking 13+ tackles and running over every player. Not by outrunning them. He also doesn't seem overly great in the air, and a few inches of extra height would make a huge difference I think.

The amazing thing is that despite how powerful and strong his leg drive is, he seems to be able to tiptoe around and be light on his feet too. Has scored some nice tries with no room down his sideline due to his upper body strength and some wonderful positioning of his feet.

If he keeps scoring tries, he might actually be able to hold out more naturally gifted players in James Roberts, Kevin Naiqama and Eto Nabouli for a spot. A winger making 15+ hitups and a heap of tackle breaks is valuable to the team even before you factor in the tries scored. Until late last year, he was pretty much just a workhorse without many tries in him. Then we got some decent centres and ball movement in our backline and he started scoring tries.

mxlegend99

Referee
So the team should be:

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Whare
4. Idris / 20. Yeo
5. Simmons / 18. Naiqama
6. Soward
7. Wallace (c)
8. Kite
9. Kingston (c)
10. Grant / 19. Latimore
11. Brown
12. Taylor
13. Docker

14. Segeyaro
15. Plum
16. Peachey
17. McKendry

Not sure if any other players are in doubt. But I can't see a reason to make any changes from the Round 1 squad unless it's to fit in players who were supposed to play originally.

If Idris, Simmons or Grant will be less then 100% fit. Sit them out for the week. I think our pack can match the Storm forwards with or without Grant. I think our backline would be better with fully fit players then guys who aren't 100%. So long as Whare/Mansour are fit and firing. That side of the field will be hard for Storm to contain. Any combination of Idris, Simmons, Yeo and Naiqama should be respectable against the Storm atleast. Ideally we have Idris there and either winger should get a lot of opportunities. But if not, we just stick with what will do the job defensively. Attack through the middle and up the left.

Pomoz

Bench
Any combination of Idris, Simmons, Yeo and Naiqama should be respectable against the Storm at least.
Naiquaima looked very poor in NSW cup. He didn't look that fit and sharp. Is he coming back form injury? When you are outshone by barely 18 year old Robert Jennings, you need to have a look at yourself. I certainly wouldn't give him a wing spot based on that performance.

Latest posts