What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs. Storm

betcats

Referee
Storm lineup:

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Young Tonumaipea
6. Ben Hampton
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
14. Kenny Bromwich
15. Tohu Harris
16. Jordan McLean
17. George Rose
18. Ben Roberts

Cronk is back. I only saw bits of the Storm/Manly game but from what I did see Storm didn't look especially spectacular. What do you think our chances are like?

I'm really eager to see Idris running out in black and teal. Since he was a chance in round 1 I'm assuming they are just being cautious by resting him this week. He should be back next week, yeah?

The team announcement said almost exactly that about Idris, just making sure hes 100 percent.

Pomoz

Bench
The team announcement said almost exactly that about Idris, just making sure hes 100 percent.
In fact, I think it is a really good decision. The Storm away is the toughest game in the NRL calendar. I can't remember the last time we won there, if ever. Chasing speed freaks Slater, Chambers and Waqa is not a good way to come back from a hamstring injury. I am relieved he has not been picked. The extra week will do him good and he can come back against a more prosaic Bulldogs team. Same for Tim Grant, match fitness will be vital against Melbourne.

mxlegend99

Referee
Id rather boys miss an extra week and be fully fit then come back at 95% and be a bigger chance at re-injuring themselves and missing more game time. We have the depth to be patient, and at this point in the season we don't need to take risks on players health. If it was Round 26 and we needed the win for a spot in the 8, then you probably take the risk.

benntash

Juniors
Id rather boys miss an extra week and be fully fit then come back at 95% and be a bigger chance at re-injuring themselves and missing more game time. We have the depth to be patient, and at this point in the season we don't need to take risks on players health. If it was Round 26 and we needed the win for a spot in the 8, then you probably take the risk.
^ This

panthersam

Juniors
I'm quite confident in the boys this weekend, as long as we can keep the mistakes out of the game and defend well then Soward/Whare/Mansour etc should be able to break them down on that left hand side.

Very excited for this one :)

Panther Pete

Juniors
I'm quite confident in the boys this weekend, as long as we can keep the mistakes out of the game and defend well then Soward/Whare/Mansour etc should be able to break them down on that left hand side.

Very excited for this one :)

I am also excited but just not as confident. I fear the worst when we play against a side that includes Smith, Cronk and Slater.

panthersam

Juniors
Also, The Mole seems to think both Idris and Grant will be playing this week!!

Edit: The editor of NRL.com just stated the above also, would be huge news if they were both in

Last edited:

Randy81

Juniors
I am also excited but just not as confident. I fear the worst when we play against a side that includes Smith, Cronk and Slater.

Agreed on the big three. But I think we are over them in the outside backs. Fonua is fairly unproven at centre and the winger outside him even more so

Edit: assuming Idris is playing that is

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee

Think back to 2003 and how many times did we ponder thoughts like yours.

As we started to win and gained confidence,there was that certain periods of that season where other teams were dreading the thought of lining up against us.

I'm not eluding to a point that we are a shoe-in for THIS game.

But I can tell you that when our lads run out on Saturday,I know they'll do us proud no matter what.

And in time,we'll have that vintage 2003 form back again.

franklin2323

Immortal
Also, The Mole seems to think both Idris and Grant will be playing this week!!

Edit: The editor of NRL.com just stated the above also, would be huge news if they were both in

They would be going off Western Weekender tweeting it. They are usually spot on prob speak to the doctor or something.

panthersam

Juniors
No one besides me seems confident lol does nobody else think we have a huge advantage over the Storm on our edges (especially if Idris plays)? Our forward pack is stronger than the Storm's?

As long as we can restrict the big 3 then we should be fine!

If NSW can't stop the big 3 then why should we able to?

It will take something special and some luck for us to win this.

Doomednow

Bench
I'm not confident because I never am playing the Storm. Smith Slater and Cronk are all getting on so their glory days should be waning but you just can't write them off. Bellamy knows how to get average players to step up, although if he manages to do it with Roberts (I know he's 18th man this week) he's basically Jesus.

panthersam

Juniors
If NSW can't stop the big 3 then why should we able to?

It will take something special and some luck for us to win this.

That's a bit harsh isn't it lol it's not like the Storm will also have JT, Inglis, Parker, Boyd, Hodges and Cherry Evans running out for them this week too.

Latest posts