What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Cowboys

Dragon David

First Grade
Well this game is still up in the air until selection time and then we can all see what to make of it. As for the Mbye dilemma, well I'm not going to bag him, he was brought to the Dragons as a utility and when needed he has performed in every position he was placed in. Will he win us the game from 1, 3, 9 when we really need it, probably not but will he help us protect the lead from those positions by being solid, I would say yes. I like all would love x factor and our juniors carving things up, but for the moment until they are Defensively NRL ready I would have Mbye there. Thats not to say though if an opportunity arises the rookies shouldnt be given some exposure to get that experience. Also just as note of interest, I had a couple of mates of mine at the KOE game against Newcastle and they informed me there could have been scouts there with a keen interest on one Mr Stewart. I shall wait and see what the teams selections are this Tuesday.
I agree with what you say justa. Mbye nowadays isn't the type of player that would win us games but he is good at "filling in" in positions like fullback, centre, hooker and in the halves so pretty versatile. He played a very safe game for us against the Sea Eagles and will do so when we play the Cowboys. However, we do need a couple of guys who can be match winners, besides Hunt, to score and at the same time have players who can defend well against a team that can attack and score from anywhere on the field.

Like all remaining games for this year, this one against the Cowboys is a crunch game. We win this and we get closer to playing finals football and as they say, playing finals is a lot different to playing in general games and anything can happen on a given day.

Sloan and Stewart seem like they are doing OK in KOE Cup but I'd say Stewart is doing a bit better. I'm not too sure where Stewart sits with being able to play first grade. If he can, Hook should try him on the wing. Sloan should go to fullback.

With Bud being injured, our stocks are lessening so we will have to rely on who is best in the ranks to come in to help out.

justadragon

Bench
totally agree Dave, our options now are getting a bit limited and I think whoever comes in to the side will need to perform immediately to get us that win over the cows. As for Stewart, I dont know what the rules are concerning Stewart playing NRL, maybe one of our enlightened members can inform us where he stand. Also what Hooks thoughts on bringing him in, I would suspect not. We shall see.

denis preston

First Grade
I agree with what you say justa. Mbye nowadays isn't the type of player that would win us games but he is good at "filling in" in positions like fullback, centre, hooker and in the halves so pretty versatile. He played a very safe game for us against the Sea Eagles and will do so when we play the Cowboys. However, we do need a couple of guys who can be match winners, besides Hunt, to score and at the same time have players who can defend well against a team that can attack and score from anywhere on the field.

Like all remaining games for this year, this one against the Cowboys is a crunch game. We win this and we get closer to playing finals football and as they say, playing finals is a lot different to playing in general games and anything can happen on a given day.

Sloan and Stewart seem like they are doing OK in KOE Cup but I'd say Stewart is doing a bit better. I'm not too sure where Stewart sits with being able to play first grade. If he can, Hook should try him on the wing. Sloan should go to fullback.

With Bud being injured, our stocks are lessening so we will have to rely on who is best in the ranks to come in to help out.
Just my opinion but Stewart for me way too small and wouldn't solve our lack of pace situation.

hewi

Bench
If Sullivan is out next week and MBye is fullback does that open the door to Mulhusen to go on the bench, I figure that Feagai and Moga will cover wing and centre

redv13

Bench
Well this game is still up in the air until selection time and then we can all see what to make of it. As for the Mbye dilemma, well I'm not going to bag him, he was brought to the Dragons as a utility and when needed he has performed in every position he was placed in. Will he win us the game from 1, 3, 9 when we really need it, probably not but will he help us protect the lead from those positions by being solid, I would say yes. I like all would love x factor and our juniors carving things up, but for the moment until they are Defensively NRL ready I would have Mbye there. Thats not to say though if an opportunity arises the rookies shouldnt be given some exposure to get that experience. Also just as note of interest, I had a couple of mates of mine at the KOE game against Newcastle and they informed me there could have been scouts there with a keen interest on one Mr Stewart. I shall wait and see what the teams selections are this Tuesday.
The scout was Possm demanding his selection at 1 pronto!

slippery5

Juniors

Bud injured?? who is going to play the 2 minutes????????

Mojo

Bench
Yep we will need our forwards to really put in for the 80 and Hunt to keep doing what he has been doing all year and we will be in with a good chance.
We need Hunt to do what he did different this week ie; forced dropout kicks and the rest of the team to really defend well.
Yep we will need our forwards to really put in for the 80 and Hunt to keep doing what he has been doing all year and we will be in with a good chance.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry guys, the game is at Netstrata, Kogarah so hope that gives us more chance of a win.
👍
Kogarah Jubilee will do fine.
Sunday 31st July, kick-off 4pm.
that's not bad actually could have been far worse..
Cody was walking with a leg brace, slight limp but comfortable, signing autographs near the tunnel. Estimate 2-3 weeks.

justadragon

Bench
Cody out 2 to 3 games Bud 3 to 4 ? Geez he has had some injuries hasn't he ?
for bud that sort of puts a dampener on him for the rest of the season, the best he can expect is to be back in the KOE cup helping them make it to the finals, if they can. And I would suspect you wouldnt put him back into the NRL until that shoulder is well and truly tested out. I think this could be the end of bud in first grade this season unless he makes some sort of miracle recovery. I think back to the Widdop days and seeing his shoulder hanging on by a thread, and thats all she wrote. Ramsey might be in a similar situation if we try to rush him back. I'd imagine we would see him with heaps of strapping around his sus knee much the same as Ravalawa, I'm sure that certain teams would target that area during a tackle, dare i say all teams !!

Dragon David

First Grade
for bud that sort of puts a dampener on him for the rest of the season, the best he can expect is to be back in the KOE cup helping them make it to the finals, if they can. And I would suspect you wouldnt put him back into the NRL until that shoulder is well and truly tested out. I think this could be the end of bud in first grade this season unless he makes some sort of miracle recovery. I think back to the Widdop days and seeing his shoulder hanging on by a thread, and thats all she wrote. Ramsey might be in a similar situation if we try to rush him back. I'd imagine we would see him with heaps of strapping around his sus knee much the same as Ravalawa, I'm sure that certain teams would target that area during a tackle, dare i say all teams !!
Joint damage in any part of the body of any footballer can have ongoing implications if not given plenty of time to recover fully after treatment. A long period of rehab and physio is needed and then to make improvements to build up muscles around the areas affected, so our guys I don't think will be back this year.

I can remember when Tedesco played at the Tigers he was out injured quite a bit during his younger days and it took time to "rebuild" the affected areas to become stronger and more reliable under pressure. Nowadays, he is hardly ever injured. His conditioning has been first class. That is what our conditioners, hopefully well qualified, will be able to do to our players. It is conditioning and fitness training that gets us in better shape and is so important for the team.

Latest posts