What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

matPORTS

Juniors
I won't fault the effort of Sloan, Bud and Amone. Made the best of the circumstances. Lack of game time was always going to be the catalyst tonight.

Norman has hopefully embarrassed the jersey for the last time.

We must now pick the team based on forward thinking. Keep playing the youth and mix it in with those experienced and still deserving of a jersey.

Same F/A as Raiders. Huge game on Friday.

qld redvee

Juniors
Last 20 minutes the players were out on their feet due to the effects of bbq gate. would have been nice for at least 1 commentator to mention how many reserve grade players we had in the squad hence some of the bad defence but no just how good souths were and how bad our defence was . Thought they had a pretty good dig but with so many of the squad on the sidelines I was just hoping to keep souths under 50 .. Lets hope we can turn this around against the raiders and Hook please rest Norman for the rest of the year

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
N
Last 20 minutes the players were out on their feet due to the effects of bbq gate. would have been nice for at least 1 commentator to mention how many reserve grade players we had in the squad hence some of the bad defence but no just how good souths were and how bad our defence was . Thought they had a pretty good dig but with so many of the squad on the sidelines I was just hoping to keep souths under 50 .. Lets hope we can turn this around against the raiders and Hook please rest Norman for the rest of the year
Next week will be a vastly different side.

mickeylane

Bench
We don’t need a 6 we need a full forward pack for the one we have to play behind and more than 3 games.
no stop it....i just don't see anything that tells me Bud possesses any set of high-level skills that will make him a top- line 5/8 or 7 in the near future...yes I'm sure he can support a break...maybe the odd pass but dude there's nothing there ..at least w Sloan you can see something...as for our forwarded pack next year...i think we are looking pretty good ...

Sims, Ellis, Burns Poasa, best effort all season.

All the juniors had a serious go and will learn a lot from the experience. Amone initially missed a couple of tackles but improved defensively as the game went on.

Any Saints supporter who was disappointed either with Hook or the effort of the side is delusional.

News flash, we are out of troops.

Tonight we played without:

JDB
Maguire
Bird
Lomax
Alvaro
Lawrie
Ravalawa
Vaughan

(yes I know he is no longer under contract)

Fegai had a good game.

Sullivan, Sloan and Amone had a mixed night against the 3rd best side in the Competition, behind a depleted pack of forwards.

The score blew out because the side was completely gassed in the last 20 minutes.

I look forward to playing Souths when the cavalry arrives.

The opera isn’t over yet, though I do acknowledge the fat lady is walking towards the stage.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Sloan and Mat Feagai imo have deadset solidified themselves in the 1 and 2 jerseys next year

Amone I also believe is a genuine first grader but we still need to find his best position

Sullivan I’m still questioning but I believe behind an actual first grade forward pack he could shine

Kerr needs to be used as a prop off the bench no more of this back row bullshit

Fuimaono and Beale should join Norman , Dufty and Ellis out the door

Ford , Fa’amusili and Burns should join Alvaro as reserve grade forwards next year

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
no stop it....i just don't see anything that tells me Bud possesses any set of high-level skills that will make him a top- line 5/8 or 7 in the near future...yes I'm sure he can support a break...maybe the odd pass but dude there's nothing there ..at least w Sloan you can see something...as for our forwarded pack next year...i think we are looking pretty good ...
Sloan missed his assignment too plenty of times tonight but he’s the new forum fave, Amone missed a few and also saved some tries. Pretty hard for a 6 to show what they have got 3 games in to a career with barely any match fitness against a competition heavyweight and behind a badly beaten pack. He spent all night basically tackling Sua, and I thought he was pretty tenacious and made plenty of good tackles. The team was out of their depth completely. He was far from the only player who didn’t show any high level skill in our side.

denis preston

First Grade
I’ll say it again what development did Sam Walker or Nathan Cleary have .. when They got to 1st grade they immediately made an impact .. Sullivan on the other hand is not our future 7 and happy to be held to it years down the track ..he may play 1st grade but won’t be leading us to any glories..
You really are showing something here , so compare what those players are Playing behind to what Sullivan did tonight.

Gareth67

First Grade
Sims, Ellis, Burns Poasa, best effort all season.

All the juniors had a serious go and will learn a lot from the experience. Amone initially missed a couple of tackles but improved defensively as the game went on.

Any Saints supporter who was disappointed either with Hook or the effort of the side is delusional.

News flash, we are out of troops.

Tonight we played without:

JDB
Maguire
Bird
Lomax
Alvaro
Lawrie
Ravalawa
Vaughan

(yes I know he is no longer under contract)

Fegai had a good game.

Sullivan, Sloan and Amone had a mixed night against the 3rd best side in the Competition, behind a depleted pack of forwards.

The score blew out because the side was completely gassed in the last 20 minutes.

I look forward to playing Souths when the cavalry arrives.

The opera isn’t over yet, though I do acknowledge the fat lady is walking towards the stage.

A good post mate . Someone who could see the game for what it truly was , a very well versed team against one of that was covered in band-aids .

The result was predictable , however the score line was always dependent upon just how much fire was in the badly wounded dragon .

For mine , they did fight , although badly outmatched . We walk away with something and the boys played as well as they were allowed and some young ones showing promise for next season .

Last edited:

Spazer

Juniors
imagine if roosters got rid of suallii for doing sfa in his first handful of games lol. no one is expecting bud to get 5 assists and score a hattrick with 40% possession, at this stage he just needs to play the full 80, make tackles and challenge the line from time to time which he has done so far. Needs way more time to make a proper assessment.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I understand that criticism can be necessary and important at times, but please guys, do not be harsh on Sloan, Amone and Sullivan. The three of them have barely played any first grade, yet were absolutely thrown into three very important roles against a pretty much full-strength South Sydney team. Amone has never played centre in the juniors. Sloan hasn't played fullback at the top grade and actually played more wing in SG Ball. Sullivan's been out all year with injury and played like 2 games of reserve grade. And guess what? The three of them are all under the age of 20. PLEASE for the love of this club do not turn them into whipping boys! They're just teenagers and are trying their best out there, demonstrating a much better dedication to the jersey than half of the 'seasoned professionals' in the team.