What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21-26 Schedule

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hopelessly incompetent.

I don't think we've had a Sunday afternoon home game all season. And many other clubs are in a similar boat.

It's just pathetic.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why are all these freaks on twitter getting worked up about a draw for games that don't even start for at least a month, chill out!

Fans are stakeholders - they want to be able to plan their trips or home games accordingly - whether that be leave or flights or accommodation or whatever... legit concerns. They were told to expect it at a certain time and it looks pretty f**king amateur when this happens.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Hopelessly incompetent.

I don't think we've had a Sunday afternoon home game all season. And many other clubs are in a similar boat.

It's just pathetic.

"Mmmrrr, in a League with more demands to consider in the draw than probably any other sport on the planet, i dont get the exact draw i want. Therefore, this administration is bad at their job.

MMMRRRRR!!!!!"

insert.pause

First Grade
Fans are stakeholders - they want to be able to plan their trips or home games accordingly - whether that be leave or flights or accommodation or whatever... legit concerns. They were told to expect it at a certain time and it looks pretty f**king amateur when this happens.

Weak excuse, as attendance figures demonstrate since the fixed schedule was introduced. It's typical twitter, just whinging for whinging's sake, by the time it's released these same 'stakeholders' will still have plenty of time to plan not to go to games.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Weak excuse, as attendance figures demonstrate since the fixed schedule was introduced. It's typical twitter, just whinging for whinging's sake, by the time it's released these same 'stakeholders' will still have plenty of time to plan not to go to games.

Its not a weak excuse at all. I would think its safe to say most of the vocal protests are from people who need to make travel arrangements.

With games in the final rounds spanning from Thursday to Monday you'd have to be geniused to think the day a match is set would have a major impact on travel arrangements.

Its amateur hour.

DMS

Juniors
Why are all these freaks on twitter getting worked up about a draw for games that don't even start for at least a month, chill out!

Well for me I have to book both Accommodation & Flights so does this answer your question?

juro

Bench
Who is really to blame here? The ARLC? Nine? Fox?

I would have thought that if they had announced the time for releasing the final draw to the public, it must have been signed off by all 3 parties.

Was it only at the last minute that they discovered a problem (eg teams backing up within 5 days)? Or were negotiations never actually finalised?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hopelessly incompetent.

It's just pathetic.

And also the fact that it's the best time to get people from the Eastern Suburbs to attend games. There's just so many other things people would rather do than go to the footy on a Friday or Saturday night (Sad but true) and the scheduling just makes it that much harder. Definitely need a Roosters on Sunday arvo thing going on.

Apparently the Souths draw is as follows;

Round 21 vs Knights @ Barlow Park, Cairns, Sunday 3 August 3pm
Round 22 vs Sea Eagles @ SCG, Friday 8 August 7:45pm
Round 23 vs Broncos @ ANZ, Thursday 14 August 7:45pm
Round 24 vs Cowboys @ ANZ, Saturday 23 August 7:30
Round 25 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ, Thursday 28 August 7:45
Round 26 vs Roosters @ Allianz, Thursday 4 September 7:45

IMO the game against the Sea Eagles should be on a Sunday arvo and the Thursday games should be on Fridays.

Last edited:

Exactly............and it is all over TV, not what the fans want as usual

meltiger

First Grade
2UE reckons WTs v Roosters rd 23 now at Leichhardt...instead of ANZ, when though who knows?

Did they expand on that? Can't see any reason the Sharks game be moved to Homebush?

Quite wierd, I've been thinking the attacks on Campbelltown by the club a prelude to full relocation. Giving a better game to the suburban venues runs contrary to that

innsaneink

Referee
Did they expand on that? Can't see any reason the Sharks game be moved to Homebush?

Quite wierd, I've been thinking the attacks on Campbelltown by the club a prelude to full relocation. Giving a better game to the suburban venues runs contrary to that
No I dont think the Sharks game would be moved, they said they had to move the Roosters game from whenever to the saturday night but then discovered Bledisloe was on that night too at ANZ
They didnt go into much detail

insert.pause

First Grade
Bullshit.

People have to apply for annual leave, flights get booked and prices increase etc.

Do you live in Brisbane?

The NRL could have announced it next week and people would have been none the wiser it was late, it's hysteria. They only found out it would be released today at 11am because they announced it yesterday. No one who wants to get to a game is going to miss out because of it, games aren't for a month yet ffs, a few days at most won't make a difference.

insert.pause

First Grade
Bahaha scheduled a game at anz when bledisloe was on

So professional

Union is easily forgotten these days.

Not sure that's true though, the NRL blamed the five day turn around not being adhered to for the delay. It's now been rectified and will be released tomorrow, unfortunately the less than 24hr delay will prevent countless fans having to make travel arrangements from attending...

Last edited:
From the NRL's website -

Schedule for final six rounds to be released Friday

NRL 6:32pm Thu 03rd July, 2014

The schedule for the final six rounds of the Telstra Premiership has been finalised and will be released tomorrow, Friday, July 4.

An NRL spokesman said the release had been delayed to ensure a five day turnaround between games to protect players in the game.

This has now been satisfied and the schedule for rounds 21 to 26 will be released tomorrow.

Latest posts