What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - The Roosters

Munted

Bench
Yeah that lineup doesn't really make me rock hard.
Momo...ehhh i'd rather see Tago thrown in. The kids defending well, looks a handful to tackle.

Capewell/Momo/Naden/Staines doesnt look like a center/wing combo thats going to be a handful on the edges and delivering points.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah that lineup doesn't really make me rock hard.
Momo...ehhh i'd rather see Tago thrown in. The kids defending well, looks a handful to tackle.

Capewell/Momo/Naden/Staines doesnt look like a center/wing combo thats going to be a handful on the edges and delivering points.

You seen that Roosters side? We will still smash them regardless of what the final 17 is.

That said surely Tago starts

BxTom

Bench
Dear god. Ivan went full genius.

Momirovski and Capewell in the centres. 2 nuffy centres will mean our wingers are slso out of the game now (Staines already was).

Tago hasn't ever looked anything other than solid to spectacular yet he still struggles for a run.
At least with Momorovski playing we don't have to worry about his winger being poor in attack - he won't see the ball anyway. The other bonus with Momorovski is that he plays two positions - centre or wing. The bad bit is that he plays both positions at once.

Munted

Bench
You seen that Roosters side? We will still smash them regardless of what the final 17 is.

Ehhh bro come on, the Roosters on paper each week look decimated and i keep writing them off...or better yet, thinking "right, this is the week they dont turn up because its another injury".
Parra last week had zero excuses for the shit they turned in.

Yeo, Api, TPJ = Big Ins. Just hope its enough.

murraymob

Coach
Simple
If Cleary plays I think he will he was right last week given a extra week.He plays the whole make up of the side changes

betcats

Referee
Ehhh bro come on, the Roosters on paper each week look decimated and i keep writing them off...or better yet, thinking "right, this is the week they dont turn up because its another injury".
Parra last week had zero excuses for the shit they turned in.

Yeo, Api, TPJ = Big Ins. Just hope its enough.

Parra lol they have proven to be the flat track bullies people have said they are.

And yep Yeo, Api and TPJ add a lot to this side. Yeo and Api in particular being big minute players who impact us massively both sides of the ball. TPJ I am pretty excited to see what he can add, just don't take anyones head off son!

betcats

Referee
At least with Momorovski playing we don't have to worry about his winger being poor in attack - he won't see the ball anyway. The other bonus with Momorovski is that he plays two positions - centre or wing. The bad bit is that he plays both positions at once.

Poor old Momo, I had to laugh at that though. Bet he wishes he could get paid for both positions.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well you're not wrong. Can't believe we have an option with genuine elusiveness and footy instinct like Tago and he's bumped out of the side when neither of our regular centres is available.

To those expecting this to be mind games. That's just wishful thinking. Ivan has done this to Tago before.

Only potential change is Nathan back in. Which would be huge just for the flow on effect of Burton to centre. Atleast we would have one genuine centre.

franklin2323

Immortal
Parra lol they have proven to be the flat track bullies people have said they are.

And yep Yeo, Api and TPJ add a lot to this side. Yeo and Api in particular being big minute players who impact us massively both sides of the ball. TPJ I am pretty excited to see what he can add, just don't take anyones head off son!

This.

I still think Tago comes in but either way we will belt them and Api will be too classy

Munted

Bench
Tago never looked like anything but an NRL player in his minutes so far, he has to be in the side somewhere hopefully starting at left centre.
Tagos been smashed in every game he's played and he gets up and rocks on, tough kid.
Hits the line harder than Staines IMO.

betcats

Referee
Tagos been smashed in every game he's played and he gets up and rocks on, tough kid.
Hits the line harder than Staines IMO.

He was playing in the middle last year so not that surprising to be honest. Staines is not a power player, if he hits the line harder he will just hit the ground harder.

Pomoz

Bench
The only way our centres could be slower is if Ivan picks me and Matt Eisenhuth there instead. Mind you, there's not much in it over a 100 metres and I'm 60 next year....

Ivan obviously thinks a 1- 0 scoreline with a Dylan Edward's field goal is the path to glory.

mxlegend99

Referee

How is it any worse than ours?

Backline:
Teddy > Edwards.
Tupou > Staines
Keighran = Momirovski
Manu > Capewell
Copley < Naden

Their backline destroys ours. Tedesco and Manu alone offer more than our back 5 combined. Landslide victory.

Halves:
Hutchinson vs Burton
Walker vs Luai

Ours are bigger names. But honestly their form without Nathan Cleary hasn't been better than Hutchinson and Walker. So this matchup could go either way. Call it a draw. Ours in theory are better but we are yet to see it.

Starting packs look closely matched. Roosters pack is pretty phenomenal. Ours looks a bit light maybe but Api is the better hooker so really it's no clear winner in starting packs.

Bench..
Lam vs Kenny. Both suck
N Butcher vs TPJ. TPJ easily
E Butcher vs Leniu. Leniu.
Taukeiaho vs Eisenhuth. Taukeiaho easily

So for me we have a similar quality starting pack with a small bench advantage up against a halves pairing more than capable of matching ours... But against a far superior backline. That's with them being decimated by injury too.

Latest posts