What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - The Roosters

betcats

Referee
Nup not kidding at all.. when critta can do what hes doing in that video than they will be equal on ability. But hes not atm. Its pretty simple betcats.

Waiting for you to tell us staines is only just marginally behind JAC next.

I love the panthers but god some fans are so one eyed its crazy.

No its not that simple. No offence but only an idiot is trying to make a real judgement on two players using a highlight video. If all you have left to point is you tube then I rest my case. If you think Critta's highlights are a couple nice flick passes you are not being serious. Youtube, FMD that is joke.

Girds89

Bench
No its not that simple. No offence but only an idiot is trying to make a real judgement on two players using a highlight video. If all you have left to point is you tube then I rest my case.
I watch almost all games every week.

Highlights are just there cause you sound clueless on how good manu is and im not sure youve watched him.

You were gagging about how good latrell is before yet forget that before latrell moved to fb joey got the better of him every time....

You can honestly believe what you want. Good for you but there wouldnt be a single player or coach who thinks crittas at manus level or close yet.

Girds89

Bench
No its not that simple. No offence but only an idiot is trying to make a real judgement on two players using a highlight video. If all you have left to point is you tube then I rest my case. If you think Critta's highlights are a couple nice flick passes you are not being serious. Youtube, FMD that is joke.
Joey was voted as the best centre in the game quite convicingly the last two years by the players.. im tipping they know more than you mate.

Critta this year was voted 2nd but was still a long way of manu..

I really hope critta can get to manus level because boy it would be exciting. We havent had a genuine match winner at centre since younger jenko days.

franklin2323

Immortal
How is it any worse than ours?

Backline:
Teddy > Edwards.
Tupou > Staines
Keighran = Momirovski
Manu > Capewell
Copley < Naden

Their backline destroys ours. Tedesco and Manu alone offer more than our back 5 combined. Landslide victory.

Halves:
Hutchinson vs Burton
Walker vs Luai

Ours are bigger names. But honestly their form without Nathan Cleary hasn't been better than Hutchinson and Walker. So this matchup could go either way. Call it a draw. Ours in theory are better but we are yet to see it.

Starting packs look closely matched. Roosters pack is pretty phenomenal. Ours looks a bit light maybe but Api is the better hooker so really it's no clear winner in starting packs.

Bench..
Lam vs Kenny. Both suck
N Butcher vs TPJ. TPJ easily
E Butcher vs Leniu. Leniu.
Taukeiaho vs Eisenhuth. Taukeiaho easily

So for me we have a similar quality starting pack with a small bench advantage up against a halves pairing more than capable of matching ours... But against a far superior backline. That's with them being decimated by injury too.

There is a reason Roosters are paying $3.

Teddy is the best player in the comp granted but Copley couldn't play regular 1st grade in some ordinary sides.
Keighran is a hooker playing centre.

Halves rookies Walker is horrible in defence. TPJ owned him already this year

Tauieko is past it. He is horrible now and the reason he is going to ESL

We have 5 current Origin players. Sure Capewell out of position but he got MOTM there in SOO last year.

Still got 9 from the GF team. Not to mention an $800k player off the bench.

I don't know why people on here don't rate our side. We are stacked very likely only lose 3 games this season which is something very few sides have done

franklin2323

Immortal
I am expecting a massive focus on tightening up our defence this week, a couple of average weeks defensively should see the boys aim up.

Distraction free week should help. Yeo certainly will.
Api and TPJ got points to prove.. we should be very good

Girds89

Bench

Teddy is the best player in the comp granted but Copley couldn't play regular 1st grade in some ordinary sides.

We have 5 current Origin players. Sure Capewell out of position but he got MOTM there in SOO last year.

I don't know why people on here don't rate our side. We are stacked very likely only lose 3 games this season which is something very few sides have done
Its got nothing to do with no one rating us.

You just come across very arrogant and so one eyed its hilarious..

I rate our team and players but i think this week will be a real tough grind. If nathan plays and he is fit than id say we are 80% chance of winning... if he doesnt its 50/50..

mxlegend99

Referee

Keighran is a centre in the same way Burton is. He's a half/centre who has spent time as the bench utility needing to play some hooker. I rsted his form as a centre before he left us and like burton I think it's his best position.

Copley is average... But I rated Naden ahead of him. How are any of my assessments wrong?

Our stacked side has a bunch of reserve graders in it that were unwanted by lesser teams.

Eisenhuth. Sorensen. Momirovski. Naden. Kenny. All fringe first graders. Capewell is not a centre... Might aswell be another fringe first grader aswell. That's a third of our team.

Burton hasnt done much at half this year either. He's a centre out of position now. Luai hasn't stepped up without Nathan.

Yes we hsve some very good players in our side still. So do Roosters. I don't give a f**k what bookies say. They're on paper not far off us and ahead in some areas.

Bookies had us beating Tigers and Sharks st Origin time too. But some of our depth is nowhere near as good as you think it is... You yourself trash the depth when we say Nathan would make a big difference as Burton and Luai haven't done shit by saying they're doing it tough without x and y players. I look at this weeks side and see a shitty centre pairing that will cripple what our wingers can do (meaning our outside backs are basically non existent if they stat as named). And won't be helped out by a halves pairing that hasn't done shit without Nathan Cleary.

We can obviously win this. But your delusional thinking we are so far ahead of Roosters. The squads don't have much between them at all.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Victory @panthaboy

The_Frog

First Grade
If capewell is on manu you can forget any experience.

Manu is a freak and capewell is nkt good enough at centre to defend him.

Even if manu is other side i guarantee teddy is going to target kurt in the centres and his just not quick enough laterally to cover that.
I'm guessing Nathan is going to play so its all academic.

franklin2323

Immortal
Its got nothing to do with no one rating us.

You just come across very arrogant and so one eyed its hilarious..

I rate our team and players but i think this week will be a real tough grind. If nathan plays and he is fit than id say we are 80% chance of winning... if he doesnt its 50/50..

What do you base it being a grind on?

franklin2323

Immortal
Keighran is a centre in the same way Burton is. He's a half/centre who has spent time as the bench utility needing to play some hooker. I rsted his form as a centre before he left us and like burton I think it's his best position.

Copley is average... But I rated Naden ahead of him. How are any of my assessments wrong?

Our stacked side has a bunch of reserve graders in it that were unwanted by lesser teams.

Eisenhuth. Sorensen. Momirovski. Naden. Kenny. All fringe first graders. Capewell is not a centre... Might aswell be another fringe first grader aswell. That's a third of our team.

Burton hasnt done much at half this year either. He's a centre out of position now. Luai hasn't stepped up without Nathan.

Yes we hsve some very good players in our side still. So do Roosters. I don't give a f**k what bookies say. They're on paper not far off us and ahead in some areas.

Bookies had us beating Tigers and Sharks st Origin time too. But some of our depth is nowhere near as good as you think it is... You yourself trash the depth when we say Nathan would make a big difference as Burton and Luai haven't done shit by saying they're doing it tough without x and y players. I look at this weeks side and see a shitty centre pairing that will cripple what our wingers can do (meaning our outside backs are basically non existent if they stat as named). And won't be helped out by a halves pairing that hasn't done shit without Nathan Cleary.

We can obviously win this. But your delusional thinking we are so far ahead of Roosters. The squads don't have much between them at all.

Roosters aren't full of reserve graders though? We have class in key positions and that will be enough.

That pack of reserve graders more than matched the Storm and got stronger this week.

Api in and Rob Jennings out are worth atleast 20 points from last week's squad

Girds89

Bench
Victory @panthaboy
Betcats refuses to acknowledge how good edwards stats are and has said stats arent reflective of whole picture but tries to justify how well critta is going using solely his stats compared to manu.....

Just another example of one eyed fans.

As i said, manu was voted the best centre by the players (convincingly) last two years. Your opinion, my opinion and betcats really doesnt mean much.

Joey manu is someone you can pass the ball in any situation and he can make something happen (and his highlights reflect that 110%). Critta is not at that stage yet. Hopefully he can get there.

Girds89

Bench
What do you base it being a grind on?
The simple fact that we arent miles ahead of them like you think...

The fact that we played parra basically at full strength minus nath and our attack was still shit...

The fact the roosters are a champion team and have a brilliant coach..

The fact we simply arent as good as you think.

Up until 4-5 weeks ago we have had an extremley lucky run with injuries in 2020 and 21.
That can not be underestimated in terms of performance. It is soooo beneficial being able to keep your best 17 on the field.

Bssically the second we got injuries/copped heaps of origin selections weve been crap and domt have a coach good enough to manage that unlike robinson or bellamy..

But you are off in disneyland and keep throwing out crap like "we dont need nath", "we are miles ahead of everyone", "its a two horse race"... etc etc.

Its definitley not a two horse race and id almost say if naths not fit we dont even figure come finals time.

Robinson will have the chooks firing this week.
Id expect better from us given the players returning but we simply arent that much better as you allude to.

roofromoz

First Grade
Would be bother naming Nathan if we werent sure he was ready to go? Lets not panic yet

I think he will survive the first cut 24 hours out, it'll be right up until an hour before kick off his confirmation, either way. Mind games and all that.

franklin2323

Immortal
The simple fact that we arent miles ahead of them like you think...

The fact that we played parra basically at full strength minus nath and our attack was still shit...

The fact the roosters are a champion team and have a brilliant coach..

The fact we simply arent as good as you think.

Up until 4-5 weeks ago we have had an extremley lucky run with injuries in 2020 and 21.
That can not be underestimated in terms of performance. It is soooo beneficial being able to keep your best 17 on the field.

Bssically the second we got injuries/copped heaps of origin selections weve been crap and domt have a coach good enough to manage that unlike robinson or bellamy..

But you are off in disneyland and keep throwing out crap like "we dont need nath", "we are miles ahead of everyone", "its a two horse race"... etc etc.

Its definitley not a two horse race and id almost say if naths not fit we dont even figure come finals time.

Robinson will have the chooks firing this week.
Id expect better from us given the players returning but we simply arent that much better as you allude to.

We wouldn't of trained the week before the Parra game due to short turnaround from SOO.

We won that game with Tyrone May at 7 and Edwards out.

We have struggled to keep the same 17 on the park this year for various reasons. Have we played the same 17 for 3 straight games?

We have used 3 fullbacks
4 halves combinations
3 hookers
Hell Kenny has played more games than Api yet we have lost only 3 games.

All of that disruption yet Yeo, Cleary and To'o haven't lost a game for us.
Api has lost only the Sharks game
Last weeks game was Luai's 1st loss this year

On the back of only losing 2 games last year...

So yes we are a great side. You don't have to win 30-0 every week to be a great side.

Good sides get the job done regardless.. Only a fool will say that we haven't done that over the past 2 seasons

Girds89

Bench
We wouldn't of trained the week before the Parra game due to short turnaround from SOO.

We won that game with Tyrone May at 7 and Edwards out.

We have struggled to keep the same 17 on the park this year for various reasons. Have we played the same 17 for 3 straight games?

We have used 3 fullbacks
4 halves combinations
3 hookers
Hell Kenny has played more games than Api yet we have lost only 3 games.

All of that disruption yet Yeo, Cleary and To'o haven't lost a game for us.
Api has lost only the Sharks game
Last weeks game was Luai's 1st loss this year

On the back of only losing 2 games last year...

So yes we are a great side. You don't have to win 30-0 every week to be a great side.

Good sides get the job done regardless.. Only a fool will say that we haven't done that over the past 2 seasons
I read up till the first line.. lol than stopped.

murraymob

Coach
It’s easy to get caught up with where this team has been last year and the start of this year.i don’t see how it can be argued we are even a shadow of then to what we are seeing now
capewell is 4th on the most ineffective tacklers in the nrl
Api is 18th in runs from dummy half
All fixable .We just need to get the basics back again and success will return