What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - The Roosters

betcats

Referee
I am expecting a massive focus on tightening up our defence this week, a couple of average weeks defensively should see the boys aim up.

Girds89

Bench
How is it any worse than ours?

Backline:
Teddy > Edwards.
Tupou > Staines
Keighran = Momirovski
Manu > Capewell
Copley < Naden

Their backline destroys ours. Tedesco and Manu alone offer more than our back 5 combined. Landslide victory.

Halves:
Hutchinson vs Burton
Walker vs Luai

Ours are bigger names. But honestly their form without Nathan Cleary hasn't been better than Hutchinson and Walker. So this matchup could go either way. Call it a draw. Ours in theory are better but we are yet to see it.

Starting packs look closely matched. Roosters pack is pretty phenomenal. Ours looks a bit light maybe but Api is the better hooker so really it's no clear winner in starting packs.

Bench..
Lam vs Kenny. Both suck
N Butcher vs TPJ. TPJ easily
E Butcher vs Leniu. Leniu.
Taukeiaho vs Eisenhuth. Taukeiaho easily

So for me we have a similar quality starting pack with a small bench advantage up against a halves pairing more than capable of matching ours... But against a far superior backline. That's with them being decimated by injury too.

You cant use a common sense approach like this with franklin mate.

Just have to accept that according to franklin we are miles better than anyone in the comp and will smash the chooks.

Hes been making different excuses every week for the halves not working without nathan since he got injured.

Franklin forgets that when we versed parra a few weeks back api, yeo fish all played and burton and luai still were avg.

Just have to wait and see what excuse he rolls out this week.

Girds89

Bench
The coach went with the bloke with Origin experience in the position, rather than reserve grade experience.

If capewell is on manu you can forget any experience.

Manu is a freak and capewell is nkt good enough at centre to defend him.

Even if manu is other side i guarantee teddy is going to target kurt in the centres and his just not quick enough laterally to cover that.

betcats

Referee
If capewell is on manu you can forget any experience.

Manu is a freak and capewell is nkt good enough at centre to defend him.

Even if manu is other side i guarantee teddy is going to target kurt in the centres and his just not quick enough laterally to cover that.

I agree Manu is a great centre and yet he is only clearly ahead of Critta in linebreaks and tackle breaks, both with 19 games this year. Manu has one more try than Critta but Critta has one more try assist(crittas career try average per game is higher though). Critta making tackles at a higher effective rate, Manu is punching out 8 more metres a game. Given Manu's five year age gap and over twice the experience of Critta I think young Stephen is shaping up to be the much better player and yet people still not happy with him.

betcats

Referee
Ivan has short term memory lost. Capewell was owned in this years SOO series, when he played in the centres.

As good as Manu is he is still a long, long way from Tommy Turbo. I think Capewell could do the job if he runs out at centre, he was very good when Wayne bennet picked him there in 2020 origin.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Capewell did his job when lined up against one of the biggest myths in the current game (Queen Ploddo). It's not a real form line and if you use it you have no idea

Girds89

Bench
I agree Manu is a great centre and yet he is only clearly ahead of Critta in linebreaks and tackle breaks, both with 19 games this year. Manu has one more try than Critta but Critta has one more try assist(crittas career try average per game is higher though). Critta making tackles at a higher effective rate, Manu is punching out 8 more metres a game. Given Manu's five year age gap and over twice the experience of Critta I think young Stephen is shaping up to be the much better player and yet people still not happy with him.
Critta is a long long way of joey manu.

If he can get to his level wow id be happy.

Manu has won premierships. Played for nz. And is truly capable of individual brilliance.

This year his been shafted from fb to wing to centre to 5/8 and has played in the most injured nrl side in the modern game history.

The roosters are sitting 3rd!

Throw in keary and 8 of there stars who are out and joey probably has triple better the stats..

betcats

Referee
Capewell did his job when lined up against one of the biggest myths in the current game (Queen Ploddo). It's not a real form line and if you use it you have no idea

Waybe bennett picked him there mate. Say what you want about Gutho but I think has some ideas.

betcats

Referee
Critta is a long long way of joey manu.

If he can get to his level wow id be happy.

Manu has won premierships. Played for nz. And is truly capable of individual brilliance.

This year his been shafted from fb to wing to centre to 5/8 and has played in the most injured nrl side in the modern game history.

The roosters are sitting 3rd!

Throw in keary and 8 of there stars who are out and joey probably has triple better the stats..

Critta been shafted around to mate whats the difference? . I watch Manu and dont see him being a much better player, he is better but its not that much of a gap. Put Stephen Crichton in those roosters sides and they would still have premierships/

Crichton is capable of individual brilliance geez we have some short memories here.

EDIT: Critta got him covered for linebreak assists also 11-8. Put five years on Critta and he is going to be something else.

Girds89

Bench
Critta been shafted around to mate whats the difference? . I watch Manu and dont see him being a much better player, he is better but its not that much of a gap. Put Stephen Crichton in those roosters sides and they would still have premierships/

Crichton is capable of individual brilliance geez we have some short memories here.
Crittas played fb and centre. 2 positions to manus 4.

Your kidding yourself if you think hes near manus level.

betcats

Referee
Crittas played fb and centre. 2 positions to manus 4.

Your kidding yourself if you think hes near manus level.

You're kidding yourself if you think he is not. Better passer and defender already. Manu is better ball runner by a quite a bit but again, he has played over twice the games that stephen has.

Girds89

Bench
Go watch manus highlights on youtube. Theres a video called the best of joey manu..

Hes done things with the footy in hand critta never has.

I have hi hopes for critta and i think hes improved his defence a lot this year but in attack he really hasnt produced many magic moments..

A couple nice flick passes for tries etc but go look at tries manu was scoring as a 21yo in that video.

Just destroying some of the best centres in the game.

The problem still with critta in attack is he tends to step and weave and crab at 60% speed. Everything manu does is a top pace plus he has a very very stong fend and great step.

His whole highlights reel is just him destroying people. Crittas done great things but his really not at that level atm

betcats

Referee
Go watch manus highlights on youtube. Theres a video called the best of joey manu..

Hes done things with the footy in hand critta never has.

I have hi hopes for critta and i think hes improved his defence a lot this year but in attack he really has produced many magic moments..

A couple nice flick passes for tries etc but go look at tries manu was scoring as a 21yo in that video.

Just destroying some of the best centres in the game.

The problem still with critta in attack is he tends to step and weave and crab at 60% speed. Everything manu does is a top pace plus he has a very very stong fend and great step.

His whole highlights reel is just him destroying people. Crittas done great things but his really not at that level atm

Highlight videos hahaha you are kidding yourself.

Edit: I wil lsay this again, Critta has a better career try scoring rate mate so for all his freakish highlights Manu is struggling to get over the line more than poor old crabbing critta.

WestyLife

First Grade

To be fair once he went to right side he looked much better and more comfortable. I hope he stays there.

You Muppet

He's right and it's why Ivan won't win a premiership unless we are full strength.

Girds89

Bench
Highlight videos hahaha you are kidding yourself.
Nup not kidding at all.. when critta can do what hes doing in that video than they will be equal on ability. But hes not atm. Its pretty simple betcats.

Waiting for you to tell us staines is only just marginally behind JAC next.

I love the panthers but god some fans are so one eyed its crazy.

Latest posts