What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Broncos: Game Day Thread

hindy111

Post Whore
King just looks a smarter hooker then Kaysa. Gets his forwards rolling better and not afraid to kick.
Kaysa is more aggresive and supports the offload better. Also better in open play. If we had big forwards Kaysa might be nore suited with his darts. Bit in this team King looks sharper.
Hard to say who is better.

Yeah, we're all getting a bit carried away with one win. Sooner or later people will realise the major difference tonight was the way we rorted the play the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pleasantly surprised with Terepo's effort/quality tonight, first game back.

I think we've got our best available 17 sorted now.

Only worry is how few minutes Mannah is playing these days, and if we have to rely on him for more if someone gets injured in a game, whether he will be up to it?
Yeah 130 metres in 29 minutes is a worry. I wish our other forwards would play less minutes so Mannah could get more of a run.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hindy111 said we are only a game away from clicking and we have a team that can win it if click
So what do people think now? See when pases stick. This is why we are a chance.
I have to say, it looks like you were right.

I thought we were no chance of top four this year but now it looks like we're at least a chance. We seem to be hitting our straps at the right end of the season.

Also, our 'poor performance' last week probably wasn't as poor as the wrist slitters were saying. We were certainly impatient, but the Tigers played out of their skins.

Delboy

First Grade
The Broncos are a miserable lot, carried on in the presser about Kenny. Went back and checked the incident, absolutely nothing in it

For a team that has late man in Thaiday playing, what a bunch a narky sooks.

Bennett is very clever at putting pressure on officials , not a person that you can warm to, actually don't like him much at all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

JokerEel

Coach
The Broncos are a miserable lot, carried on in the presser about Kenny. Went back and checked the incident, absolutely nothing in it

Bennett is very clever at putting pressure on officials , not a person that you can warm to, actually don't like him much at all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They can't complain about Kenny after their own player took out the Hooker for the rest of the season and have away a penalty at the same time..

Roberts gave away too many dumb penalties too..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm guessing King was told to let some of the others do a bit more of the defence so he could last the full 80
Edit: no I looked back at previous games and it looks like his standard numbers
Yeah of course he would be allowed to pace himself. But part of the reason is that he doesn't have the capacity for more work in defence.

That said, I think he is the best dummy half at the club. I can see a spot in our starting lineup for him next year, but Kritchard needs to give him a breather.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I watched Alvaro closely, what i noticed is he also slows players down when a tackle is made he always last one off which is good for us.. He made 3 tackles that if missed become a line break. I bag this guy a lot. Tonight he impressed me. His leg speed was better to.
He's an ordinary attacking front rower, but his defence is Origin class. He is a first grader and will always get 40 minutes a game in our top 17. We have plenty of other blokes who can run the ball.

Johnny88

Juniors
What a exciting game the best I've seen Parra play in a long time. Very proud of the effort with so many injuries. Keep this form up and Top 4 is a great chance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's all well and good to lead line speed but if you're a tiny fella trying to make contact on giants you're going to come off second best.

I'd much rather kings approach of coming up in the line, conceding a metre or two but having more support to make an effective tackle.

His kicking game was excellent and his runs from dummy half were very good. He just needs to be more selective with his darts for the tryline.

I think he is already a better hooker than Kaysa.
The thing about the bloke coming up quickly is disruption. It forces more errors and poor decisions from the attack, and helps other defenders dig deep to keep moving forward when they're hurting. Don't overlook the importance of leadership. And Kritchard is making an extra 20% of the number of tackles (per minute) that King is. Arthur's obviously loves that shit.

Basil Brush

Juniors

There is a fox sports reporter (Simon Brunsdon) on twitter saying "Edwards is a grub" and comparing the incident to Sia Soliola last week.

For those on twitter, we should take him to task.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe but it depends on how BA wants to play.

King can attack better but isn't a better hooker!! They just bring different aspects to the game.

Additionally, I am sure Pritchard would attack better, if he only made 35 tackles as the 2nd or 3rd player in and didn't lead the sides line speed!!
Kritchard is a better runner of the ball, but that's not something we really do out of dummy half anyway. King has more skill.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
King just looks a smarter hooker then Kaysa. Gets his forwards rolling better and not afraid to kick.
Kaysa is more aggresive and supports the offload better. Also better in open play. If we had big forwards Kaysa might be nore suited with his darts. Bit in this team King looks sharper.
Hard to say who is better.
There's room for both of them. I expect we'll re-sign King.

Latest posts