What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Broncos: Game Day Thread

Happy MEel

First Grade
King was good in attack, but watching tonight (and I could be wrong), Pritchard/IDG regularly make the initial contact which may lead to a few miss tackles but does enough to slow the attacker. Additionally they are the first with line speed.

But with king, he doesn't lead the line speed and normally is the 2nd or 3rd defender in, going around the legs.

Really just depends on what BA wants in a hooker.
It's all well and good to lead line speed but if you're a tiny fella trying to make contact on giants you're going to come off second best.

I'd much rather kings approach of coming up in the line, conceding a metre or two but having more support to make an effective tackle.

His kicking game was excellent and his runs from dummy half were very good. He just needs to be more selective with his darts for the tryline.

I think he is already a better hooker than Kaysa.

Noise

Coach
Can some merkin give me some tigers merkins fans name who I should ping who bagged us for signing Moses and celebrated the retention of brooks??

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It's all well and good to lead line speed but if you're a tiny fella trying to make contact on giants you're going to come off second best.

I'd much rather kings approach of coming up in the line, conceding a metre or two but having more support to make an effective tackle.

His kicking game was excellent and his runs from dummy half were very good. He just needs to be more selective with his darts for the tryline.

I think he is already a better hooker than Kaysa.

Maybe but it depends on how BA wants to play.

King can attack better but isn't a better hooker!! They just bring different aspects to the game.

Additionally, I am sure Pritchard would attack better, if he only made 35 tackles as the 2nd or 3rd player in and didn't lead the sides line speed!!

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Crikey, leading with 10 mins to go... we have to stay switched on, and hope our forward rotation doesn't let us down at the end.
Looks like the forward rotation worked just fine, again. If you're keeping score, Mannah was on the field for all six tries in the match (including theirs).

It would be the only time this year Mannah was able to make as many runs as tackles too, thanks to Brisbane's obsession with attacking the edges.

Noise

Coach
Maybe but it depends on how BA wants to play.

King can attack better but isn't a better hooker!! They just bring different aspects to the game.

King wins about 55% of first grade games he plays in. Pritchard loses about 55% of first grade games. I reckon BA wants to play a game where his hooker contributes more wins then losses.

Looks like the forward rotation worked just fine, again. If you're keeping score, Mannah was on the field for all six tries in the match (including theirs).

It would be the only time this year Mannah was able to make as many runs as tackles too, thanks to Brisbane's obsession with attacking the edges.
We sucked them into attacking our edges by being comically bad at defending them in the first ten minutes. Gotcha

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
King wins about 55% of first grade games he plays in. Pritchard loses about 55% of first grade games. I reckon BA wants to play a game where his hooker contributes more wins then losses.

Time will tell!!

Anyhow if Pritchard only defended like king, his running game would be a lot better then what king offers.

But king does kick better !!

Latest posts