What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Broncos: Game Day Thread

strider

Post Whore
Just watching the replay now. One of you merkins may have already mentioned it but Josh McGuire - just dirty, grubby people that merkin.

78 minutes and 13 seconds in to the game, he stomps on Mannah's ankle on the way back after making a tackle - when you watch it, it is so deliberate.

When he dropped the ball earlier in the 2nd half in 5 metres out from our line, Norman rushed in and patted him on the back of the head, and McGuire turned to get all staunch.... by the time he turned around, Tepai was the nearest person so what did McGuire do? Just turned and walked away.... not as hard a merkin as he would like everyone think he is....
I look forward to hearing of McGuires contrary conduct charge

Was their any explanation of exactly what Edwards was supposed to have done?

What was he charged for? Was he deemed to have been held? Cause it wasn't high or a shoulder charge.

We're any Broncos charged? Have the NRL given up on policing shoulder charges, cause I see multiple weekly now and not even penalties. Blair nailed Moses with one last night and not a word said.

To be fair Blairs tackle on Moses looked ok because he was using his arms in a wrapping motion as well. But blairs shoulder kamakaze tackle on Jennings should have been sighted on that. Only silver lining is that he injured one of their main players.

Gronk

Staff member
Bennett ans Son claimed that Kenny hit their guy whilst concussed. Did Pearson go to the HIA ? Huge fine for ingoring that.

Gronk

Staff member
Moeroa has his haters on this sight but I'm not one. He played great last night in both defence and attack.

I'm watching the replay now and was about to post the same. Tep had a beast of a game. I know that @TheRam will pull out his stats and find something to complain about, but Tep was busy all night and a huge reason why we dominated the middle.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
blairs shoulder kamakaze tackle on Jennings should have been sighted on that. Only silver lining is that he injured one of their main players.

A player in the group 6 rugby league had his career ended earlier this year by a similar kamikaze style cannon ball tackle.
How that has missed scrutiny is beyond belief.

amitropo

Juniors
Bennett ans Son claimed that Kenny hit their guy whilst concussed. Did Pearson go to the HIA ? Huge fine for ingoring that.
He turned and rose to his hands and knees and was moving neck freely, couldn't of been that hurt

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Of course they did...

Did they cover the dog act by Blair?

That was the first clip shown but JT and Johns only spoke about Edwards' shot. All they said about Blair's shoulder charge to Jennings knees/cannonball tackle was that it was a shame that McCullough got injured from it.

They then went on their high horse saying that shots like Edwards' need to be rubbed out for the sake of the smaller men in the game. Then Sam Bremner (I think it was Sam Bremner) said that seeing shots like that make her want to change codes.

Earlier in the show they also said that Blair's tackle on Moses was fine because as a half if you take it to the line you've got to expect to be smashed. They then showed a clip of Thurston being demolished by Scott in slow motion and they went on about how late that tackle was but in reality he's smashed about half a second after he passes it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That was the first clip shown but JT and Johns only spoke about Edwards' shot. All they said about Blair's shoulder charge to Jennings knees/cannonball tackle was that it was a shame that McCullough got injured from it.

They then went on their high horse saying that shots like Edwards' need to be rubbed out for the sake of the smaller men in the game. Then Sam Bremner (I think it was Sam Bremner) said that seeing shots like that make her want to change codes.

Earlier in the show they also said that Blair's tackle on Moses was fine because as a half if you take it to the line you've got to expect to be smashed. They then showed a clip of Thurston being demolished by Scott in slow motion and they went on about how late that tackle was but in reality he's smashed about half a second after he passes it.

They are seriously so transparent it's a joke.

Kornstar

Coach
Funnily enough I am just watching the replay of the Dragons game (at ANZ) and around the 71st minute Norman performed the exact same hit as Kenny and was penalised as the ref said the player was held. So fair call because he was held.

For consistency purposes was Norman charged for that????????? I don't believe so.

Pearson could not have been deemed held because Brown never actually tackled him.

Tooooks

Bench
Sunday footy show covered the dog act of Kenny quite well.

Haha how salty are you? Here on Friday night talking it up, got smashed, now still attempting to troll. We are all laughing at you. Go out and get laid or something.

BTW, an effective troll is either:

1. Subtle enough that people aren't sure they are a troll; and/or
2. Does it in an intelligent or amusing way.

You are literally the lamest troll I've seen on this site. Ever.

isaiah

Bench
Haha how salty are you? Here on Friday night talking it up, got smashed, now still attempting to troll. We are all laughing at you. Go out and get laid or something.

joined in 2011, did you even see tooks, the crushers prop, play?