What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Broncos: Game Day Thread

T.S Quint

Coach
How can someone have left the room if they are still posting in the room?

Ah, the mysteries of life.

Kornstar

Coach
Was their any explanation of exactly what Edwards was supposed to have done?

What was he charged for? Was he deemed to have been held? Cause it wasn't high or a shoulder charge.

We're any Broncos charged? Have the NRL given up on policing shoulder charges, cause I see multiple weekly now and not even penalties. Blair nailed Moses with one last night and not a word said.

T.S Quint

Coach
Was their any explanation of exactly what Edwards was supposed to have done?

What was he charged for? Was he deemed to have been held? Cause it wasn't high or a shoulder charge.

We're any Broncos charged? Have the NRL given up on policing shoulder charges, cause I see multiple weekly now and not even penalties. Blair nailed Moses with one last night and not a word said.

Contrary conduct.
He wasn't charged with a high tackle, so it's not that.
Wasn't charged with a shoulder charge, so it's not that.
Wasn't a late tackle, because the tackle wasn't completed and the ref hadn't called time off.

Basically he was charged with 'This looks really bad and the media is angry about it, so we have to charge him with something because we have no balls'.

Kornstar

Coach
Contrary conduct.
Wasn't a late tackle, because the tackle wasn't completed and the ref hadn't called time off.

Basically he was charged with 'This looks really bad and the media is angry about it, so we have to charge him with something because we have no balls'.

That's the only conclusion I can come up with.

We have had the same situation happen to us many times in the past so I'm glad we got one back. Do I personally like the act? Not really but it isn't illegal so you just have to accept it when it happens.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Contrary conduct.

To be fair to the NRL, if merkins were all outraged at the act (and the league world has been outraged) and unable to come up with a broken rule (they have been saying it was a shoulder charge, no he attacked the player's head, no it was a swinging arm, no...) then it probably does come under the label of contrary conduct.

Merkins weren't outraged for nothing.

T.S Quint

Coach
To be fair to the NRL, if merkins were all outraged at the act (and the league world has been outraged) and unable to come up with a broken rule (they have been saying it was a shoulder charge, no he attacked the player's head, no it was a swinging arm, no...) then it probably does come under the label of contrary conduct.

Then I assume there will be a new rule brought in outlawing what Kenny did yesterday?
If it's a bad look and they want to get rid of it, they should outlaw it.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

They were outraged because it's Kenny Edwards. He seems to be public enemy #1 this year, no matter what he does opposition fans hate him and some Eels fans feel the same.

I am not one of those people. Whatever Kenny does is great. He plays full of passion and that may spill over the line a bit. But I'd rather Kenny be making 110m and 25 tackles for us than not having Kenny play for us. He's one of the only forwards who can cause problems for most of the defensive line in the one run.

T.S Quint

Coach
That's the only conclusion I can come up with.

We have had the same situation happen to us many times in the past so I'm glad we got one back. Do I personally like the act? Not really but it isn't illegal so you just have to accept it when it happens.

Oh, it was definitely a dog shot, and if it happened to one of our players I'd probably be filthy.
But there was no rule broken.
I mean, Sandow used to do that shit all the time but the media would go on about him just being 'passionate'.
I guess it's a different story when you have a massive forward do it rather than a midget halfback.

T.S Quint

Coach
They were outraged because it's Kenny Edwards. He seems to be public enemy #1 this year, no matter what he does opposition fans hate him and some Eels fans feel the same.

I am not one of those people. Whatever Kenny does is great. He plays full of passion and that may spill over the line a bit. But I'd rather Kenny be making 110m and 25 tackles for us than not having Kenny play for us. He's one of the only forwards who can cause problems for most of the defensive line in the one run.

Well he can't play for us if he's suspended.
Luckily he gets off with a fine this time.

Incorrect

Coach
Just watching the replay now. One of you merkins may have already mentioned it but Josh McGuire - just dirty, grubby people that merkin.

78 minutes and 13 seconds in to the game, he stomps on Mannah's ankle on the way back after making a tackle - when you watch it, it is so deliberate.

When he dropped the ball earlier in the 2nd half in 5 metres out from our line, Norman rushed in and patted him on the back of the head, and McGuire turned to get all staunch.... by the time he turned around, Tepai was the nearest person so what did McGuire do? Just turned and walked away.... not as hard a merkin as he would like everyone think he is....