What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Bulldogs @ Pepper Stadium

OldPanther

Coach
I'm happy with this. Resting Moylan is the best option since we might need him in a few weeks. Strange he's starting RCG after the success of moving him.

I'm happy with this. Resting Moylan is the best option since we might need him in a few weeks. Strange he's starting RCG after the success of moving him.

The last 2 weeks Griffin has named RCG in the 10 jumper and swapped him with Brown an hour before kickoff. I expect the same again until Merrin is back.
God ol fashion mind games. Even though we kinda know what will happen.

OldPanther

Coach
The last 2 weeks Griffin has named RCG in the 10 jumper and swapped him with Brown an hour before kickoff. I expect the same again until Merrin is back.
God ol fashion mind games. Even though we kinda know what will happen.

I forgot he did that. Typical QLDer.

Kilkenny

Coach
Carty needs to be on the bench with Moylan out

Cartwright needs time in NSW Cup to build his fitness, strength and confidence.

He wasn't delivering anywhere what he should have been earlier this season before his injury so should not be brought back in just because we are missing Moylan.

We need to show faith in Tyrone May (5/8) and Moses Leota (Lock) and this Thursday night is a good opportunity to do that. Having said that the coach has to do his bit too by giving Leota decent minutes and a second spell on the field.

I have watched our last couple of NSW Cup games and Leota and Kikau have been enormous. Played big minutes and really stood out. I accept there is a massive step up between NRL and NSW Cup but these two guys ( and others in our NSW Cup ) have the ability no doubt they just need proper opportunity. By proper opportunity I mean actual time on the footy field.

He wasn't delivering anywhere what he should have been earlier this season before his injury so should not be brought back in just because we are missing Moylan.

We need to show faith in Tyrone May (5/8) and Moses Leota (Lock) and this Thursday night is a good opportunity to do that. Having said that the coach has to do his bit too by giving Leota decent minutes and a second spell on the field.

I have watched our last couple of NSW Cup games and Leota and Kikau have been enormous. Played big minutes and really stood out. I accept there is a massive step up between NRL and NSW Cup but these two guys ( and others in our NSW Cup ) have the ability no doubt they just need proper opportunity. By proper opportunity I mean actual time on the footy field.
I've yet to see anything from Leota in first grade to say he belongs there.

In a perfect world yes Carty stays in NSW cup but this is a must win game and without Moylan we might need his xfactor

OldPanther

Coach
Carty would be a case of desperate times, desperate measures. I won't begrudge them for trying him off the bench. He's a pretty mobile forward which would worry the dogs pack.

TheFrog

Coach
I expect RCG will come off the bench at the 20 minute mark again. I think I'd be giving Bryce a run at some stage as well.

GongPanther

Referee
Keep the same 17 (May in for Moylan if needed). They can do the job. Carty can get more time in legs in reserves.

I genuinely want to know though, why people think Wallace is a better hooker then Rein? Our team looks so much sharper with Rein at 9, the service is quicker, we are more of a threat around the ruck. Sure Wallace has a kicking game & he's tough, but defensively i don't know if he's that much better then Rein, certainly not to the level people make out he is. Wallace was directly responsible for two tries on Saturday.

Love the guy, but its time to move on IMO.

When Rein is on the field,there seems to be more options.It's like this guy has been around us for ages.

And I did notice when the pass back inside caught Wallace napping,although we have to take on board that there are a scattering of inexperienced players in our squad who are contstantly getting found out due to lazyness or lethargy.

If we scrape into the finals,these defensive lapses will be fully exploited when we play the big guns.

Fangs

Coach

Agree with other posts on this, with Moylan out the side needs Cartwright. He doesn't need to play 80 but his creativity will be a good trade off.

JFH came back after one week in reserve grade, I think that will be enough for Carty as well.

betcats

Referee
Keep the same 17 (May in for Moylan if needed). They can do the job. Carty can get more time in legs in reserves.

I genuinely want to know though, why people think Wallace is a better hooker then Rein? Our team looks so much sharper with Rein at 9, the service is quicker, we are more of a threat around the ruck. Sure Wallace has a kicking game & he's tough, but defensively i don't know if he's that much better then Rein, certainly not to the level people make out he is. Wallace was directly responsible for two tries on Saturday.

Love the guy, but its time to move on IMO.

I think Wallace is considerably better defensively, Rein handles himself well for his size but you just his size does count against him defending in the middle, Rein cant wrestle or generate slow play the balls ever, he is doing all he can just to hang on when a big guy runs at him. Wallace tackles much better and usually is our hardest worker.

I completely disagree about the service, Wallace is better in that area. I think Rein makes us appear sharper because he runs a lot and is quick out of dummy half, but he reminds me of Seggy a bit, just always looking for himself first.

Nealo 12

Bench
Anyone else think we are walking into an ambush Thurs night... especially after the board meeting about nothing at the dogs?

tripster

Juniors
Anyone else think we are walking into an ambush Thurs night... especially after the board meeting about nothing at the dogs?

I am certainly worried about this game. James Graham is also back for the Dogs and he makes a huge difference to their side in terms of leadership. I expect it to be a tough game.

Mulgoa Joe

Juniors
Can understand why Griffin wouldn't change a winning team (except for injuries).
Cartwright and Whare may have to bide their time in ISP till there is a loss or an injury.

franklin2323

Immortal
I've yet to see anything from Leota in first grade to say he belongs there.

In a perfect world yes Carty stays in NSW cup but this is a must win game and without Moylan we might need his xfactor

Leota is a plodder pure and simple. Browne plays as the senior plodder we don't need too.

Peachey at lock. Bench of:

Cartwright
Latu
RCG
JFH

Goodluck stopping that bench. Hell even any of them at lock with Peachey bench is still dangerous

Latest posts