What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Raiders

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Does anyone seriously think we can bounce back & get the win? Personally I think it’ll be all about attitude, we’ve got enough players back to win it all depends on how we show up
I do, I just think we have to treat it like the last game of the season. Not worry about players in or out or finals. Just have a massive dig and worry about next week, next week.

thebigredv

First Grade

I'm very curious as to why Griffin would drop Sullivan for this game.

Now blind Freddy and his dead dog can see Norman is bog average. E.g. He stifled any momentum we had last game with his deplorable mistakes and turnstile defence.

Griffin states clearly here that he has faith in Norman to get the job done and yet he doesn't really because he has rightfully punted him for the future. Meanwhile he seems to be scared of playing our future 5/8 and reportedly suiting for the substandard Mbye.

Sullivan should play. Either we know where we are going as a team or we don't.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I'm very curious as to why Griffin would drop Sullivan for this game.

Now blind Freddy and his dead dog can see Norman is bog average. E.g. He stifled any momentum we had last game with his deplorable mistakes and turnstile defence.

Griffin states clearly here that he has faith in Norman to get the job done and yet he doesn't really because he has rightfully punted him for the future. Meanwhile he seems to be scared of playing our future 5/8 and reportedly suiting for the substandard Mbye.

Sullivan should play. Either we know where we are going as a team or we don't.

Sullivan has had 2 good 80 minute games the last two weeks and here is hoping he will be better for the runs but what did he offer in those two games that we don't already get from Norman?

He didn't have any try assists or even line break assists in either games which tells me not much in answer to my above question.

Being a young up and comer is one thing but if he is looking to make the 6 jersey his he needs to show more when he is given his next opportunity.

Dragon David

First Grade
The winner of this game depends on which team wants to win it the most. The top 5-6 teams have this want to win positive attitude in nearly all of their games imo, the other teams fortunes are based on the attitude of if we win we win, if not there is always next week.

Come on boys, have this want to win attitude tonight. Don't slacken off.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
The winner of this game depends on which team wants to win it the most. The top 5-6 teams have this want to win positive attitude in nearly all of their games imo, the other teams fortunes are based on the attitude of if we win we win, if not there is always next week.

Come on boys, have this want to win attitude tonight. Don't slacken off.
Yes, it would be great to see a full on effort from the team for 80 minutes.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree , it is all about attitude with our mob . We appear not to have that special player that can get into his teammates ears and urge them onwards to greater efforts .

Unfortunately we are a week to week proposition , similar to playing two-up , heads we win , tails we lose . I do not say that to be humorous , but merely to point out that until the Dragons possess a true leader , one whom is capable of leading the team by example, then that coin will continue to spin in the air .

Tonight I am backing heads , with our regular players returning that should get the boys over the line . Dragons by 8 . 😇

Last edited:
I feel like if we can avoid shooting ourselves in the feet we can beat most teams. In reality we don't seem to value momentum and do way too many silly plays at crucial times.

Good teams maintain momentum, we throw it away carelessly.

Hunt, Fui and McCullough were our momentum killers last week.

Latest posts