What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Souths

Matchball

Bench
I hate the way sheens coaches.
Only thinks about the back up plan when injuries occur and not before.
He strings the team together at the last minute and players are unable to work on game plans together even though their playing out of position.

This is why we suck.

hutch

First Grade
How do you know the team is thrown together at the last minute? The team announced may not be the team that has trained together all week!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sheens last week: "Moving Farah to half weakens the 9."

Sheens today: "Farah will play halfback."

f**king sick of this shit.

gronkathon

First Grade
I was priming for some debutants/recalls and maybe an upset. Now I will be expecting a rubbish performance

F'ing Sheens

R2Coupe

Juniors
The fact the team hasn't been announced is suggestion enough Sheens is attempting to shield players from attention.

Farah must be at hooker.

Rudolph with his ability to play more than one position well, kick goals and has genuine pace is an ideal interchange option.

I would also be disappointed if the two NYC wingers (if fit) aren't given a go tomorrow.

Bench
The fact the team hasn't been announced is suggestion enough Sheens is attempting to shield players from attention.

Farah must be at hooker.

Rudolph with his ability to play more than one position well, kick goals and has genuine pace is an ideal interchange option.

I would also be disappointed if the two NYC wingers (if fit) aren't given a go tomorrow.
Sheens is an A grade moron.

Tim Sheens moves Robbie Farah to half to partner five-eighth Benji Marshall
By Wayne Cousins

Saturday 28 July 2012 11:12 AM
Tim Sheens moves Robbie Farah to half to partner five-eighth Benji Marshall

Wests Tigers Head Coach Tim Sheens has moved hooker Robbie Farah to half-back for tomorrow?s crucial clash against South Sydney at ANZ Stadium.

Sheens revealed at the team?s final training session this morning that Benji Marshall will return to his regular five-eighth position to allow Farah to play half with Masada Iosefa starting at hooker.

Full-back Tim Moltzen remains in doubt after suffering a hamstring strain in the pre-game warm up in Townsville last Monday night. More will be known following the training session as to how Moltzen pulls up. The forward pack remains intact.

Sheens was pleased with the combination of Farah and Marshall in the halves and Iosefa at hooker in the second half in the loss to the Cowboys.

Despite losing centre Chris Lawrence, five-eighth Curtis Sironen and forward Ben Murdoch-Masila through injury from the Cowboys match, Sheens remains confident his players can rise to the challenge against the third placed Rabbitohs, saying the side can take strength from the heart breaking golden point loss in round 5.

?We had no Robbie Farah. Liam Fulton played 9 and Tommy Humble played 7. We were down on troops and we lost Gareth Ellis,?? Sheens said.

?Although they beat us with a last minute field goal in extra time, I think everybody knows on the day we led them by 12 points with 7 minutes to go, we should of won that game.

?We have got a lot of confidence from that. They had a full strength side in that day.

?I?m comfortable that our side is a better side. I know they are too, they are playing better football. They have got a couple of issues so we will be working hard to exploit them.?

Sheens says he is looking for better execution tomorrow after having enough opportunities last week to win the game despite the heavy injury toll.

?In the second half we blew an opportunity in the very first set. The ball bounced wrong,'' he said.

?We had a couple of strips one on one that really hurt us and we had a couple of shifts where the ball didn?t find the player.

?It?s always about execution in a game of football, in any sport.

?We are just working hard on those little things, keeping it simple with a new halves combination although Robbie and Benji have played plenty of football together in that configuration.

?Executing and defending, doing the hard things, kick and chase and defend hard, they are the little things you work on.?

Matchball

Bench
Oh god.
Just give souths the points now.
How is Sheens not the laughing stock of the NRL with these selections?

hutch

First Grade

Farah must be at hooker.

I would be extremely disappointed if they throw out 2 under 20's deputants on the wings for such an important game. That wouldn't be a smart move at all.

The players would have known who is playing and where they are playing all week. Sheens is messing with the media and not letting souths in on it.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Yeah lets play a starchless, worthless merkin like Reddy instead

Agreed. There is nothing to lose with Koroibete on the wing outside of Ayshford and Nofoaluma at centre inside of Utai. The Broncos do it with their young backs and it works well.

innsaneink

Referee
Sheens' argument will be its better to stick with something that hasnt worked previously, despite the NRL experience on offer, as opposed to trying something new that might just work

Stubborn.

And people still support this demented fool

Tiger05

First Grade
Sheens seems to now simply take the easy option. Iosefa has been playing great and Benji and Farah should be able to play well in the roles they have been choose in.

In saying that why not play Farah at 9, Benji at 7 for the rest of the year. Just leave it. As soon as Tedesco went down the fastest halves pairing in the comp in Sheens words was split up. Why not just give things some time if they make sense.

I hope that Sheens at least picks some flyers in the outside backs.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sheens seems to now simply take the easy option. Iosefa has been playing great and Benji and Farah should be able to play well in the roles they have been choose in.

In saying that why not play Farah at 9, Benji at 7 for the rest of the year. Just leave it. As soon as Tedesco went down the fastest halves pairing in the comp in Sheens words was split up. Why not just give things some time if they make sense.

I hope that Sheens at least picks some flyers in the outside backs.

Farah to 7 isn't an easy option, it's a DUMB option that has never worked.

I know the flyers he will pick in the outside backs. Probably Reddy and Meaney...:crazy:

Tiger05

First Grade
Farah to 7 isn't an easy option, it's a DUMB option that has never worked.

I get this move but I think it is completely wrong. The thing is Farah might kill it plus it allows Iosefa who has been unbelievably good into the squad in what seems his best position.

Personally I think leave Farah at 9. Last week for instance Farah had a shocker when he was moved into the 7 position.

I think Benji and Farah have to be left in one position and their best positions. Let other players fight it out for the other spots.

6 Marshall
7 The best halfback our recruitment and retention committee have given us
9 Farah

It's not farkin rocket science

macnaz

Staff member
LOL @ Sheens. inspite of this spastic we may even win. Then the whole world will be blowing their load over what a fantastic coach he is.
anyway i couldnt give a f**k!!, as i think NC said ...this geriatric merkin has taken the fun out of this club. merkin !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
FMD some of you blokes whinge at everything. There is no problem disagreeing with team selections or coaching strategies but get behind your team ffs. I will never get to a stage in my life, no matter how bad we ever get where I won't care about the result or hope we get done by 50 because I don't like the coach. Anyone would think we have a dozen jack Gibson clones on this forum.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Such faith in your team!
This isn't some fantasy religion, its real.

I hope my team wins, I will watch and support them every week. But I'm going to delude myself into believing we'll be undefeated every single year we play.

But you can feel free to go right ahead.

moron.