What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Souths

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So it looks like we will be without Moltzen (knee), Lawrence (calf), Ayshford (ankle), Tuqiri (Shoulder), Sironen (Shoulder), Murdoch-Masila (Leg), Galloway (Shoulder)

With so many backs out, it will force Sheens to play Marshall at 6 with any luck and Ryan at Fullback, which is best for our team.

Our only backs with first grade experience who can fill in at centre or wing are:
Tim Simona

So I'd expect to see a debut on the wing, hopefully someone who can catch, has good pace and knows how to stay on his wing in defence.

I'd like to see Dane Chisholm promoted to halfback but know it won't happen. In lieu of that I'd prefer to see Miller or Humble at 7 as opposed to the worrying idea of Farah at 7 and Iosefa at 9.

Blair, while he played his best game last night, just isn't good enough. Put him on the bench and start with Bell at prop.

Cashmere, Moors, Blair on the bench. Chisholm would also make a great back utility off the bench

What I'd like to see:
1 - Ryan
2 - Koroibete
3 - Reddy
4 - Utai
5 - Grant
6 - Marshall
7 - Chisholm/Miller/Humble
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Bell
11 - Ellis
12 - Fulton
13 - Heighington

14 - Blair
15 - Cashmere
16 - Moors
17 - Chisholm/Humble

Tiger05

First Grade
We are in trouble with all of the injuries that we have.

Ioesfa has to be one of the first picked. The guy gives it everything and has an impact.

Madunit's team is pretty good but I'd go with something like the following:-

1 - Ryan
2 - Koroibete
3 - Reddy
4 - Utai
5 - Grant
6 - Marshall
7 - Chisholm
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Blair
11 - Ellis
12 - Fulton
13 - Heighington

14 - Ioesfa
15 - Cashmere
16 - Bell
17 - Moors

Our backs though are in serious trouble and I can see them just getting killed especially defensively.

macnaz

Staff member
lol dont think they really want to , they just know he will always be there so its a mandatory pencil in when ever you pick a side lol

macnaz

Staff member
Might see something like this so as Tim doesnt have to blood anyone new.

1 - Sean Meaney
2 - Ryan
3 - Reddy
4 - Fulton
5 - Utai
6 - Marshall
7 - Farah
8 - Woods
9 - Ioefea
10 - Blair
11 - Ellis
12 - BMM
13 - Heighington

14 - Humble
15 - Cashmere
16 - Bell
17 - Moors

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
mac is right, I don't want Reddy near NRL ever again, but we know Sheens will pick him first, so why fight the obvious. We can just hope he is a little more open minded with other positional changes.

hutch

First Grade
Sheens said in the post match interviews that he thinks he'll be forced to go with Iosefa at 9 and Farah at 7.

:?

Obviously I would prefer farah at hooker, but we don't have a halfback in the club who is even close to first grade standard, hence the benji move there. At least iosefa had shown he can play a bit although I doubt he could play more than 55-60 minutes. Farah at half might be our only real move.

gronkathon

First Grade
God only knows what the Sheenius has in store.

I had to laugh a little that Loltzen gets a slight twinge and pulls out but Lawrence bangs his ankle up and is forced to play on for 20 possibly making it worse

brook

First Grade
Obviously I would prefer farah at hooker, but we don't have a halfback in the club who is even close to first grade standard, hence the benji move there. At least iosefa had shown he can play a bit although I doubt he could play more than 55-60 minutes. Farah at half might be our only real move.

This would make more sense if Farah was a first grade stanard halfback but he's not even close. I don't know how many times it has to be tried and failed.

He is an exceptional hooker but wouldn't make most state cup teams at halfback.

gronkathon

First Grade
Humble has been great for BRET in the halves.

That said I think the next best option we have is Fulton in terms of team balance.

I just don't rate Masada, he is a penalty waiting to happen and he comes off the back of too many tackles. A off season and hard work should remedy that though

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
brook! great to see you! haven't seen you here for a while now. Hope all is well :)

brook

First Grade
brook! great to see you! haven't seen you here for a while now. Hope all is well :)

All is well just don't have as much time as I used to :)

Still lurking from time to time though, and you know if any topic is likely to get me talking it's Robbie Farah ;-)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh yes, I do recall some threads way way waaaay back when you predicted Robbie would be the next big thing and Benji too.

Got any more for us?

Why weaken one position, hooker, and have that guy move to half, not like we are strengthening the 7's position.

If Humble is not a 1st grade 7, is Farah? is Marshall?

Someone said that Marshall is a free spirit, he's playing like a little boy who doesn't want to be in the position he's in, but actually does all the PC stuff so well. Move him back to 6, leave Farah at 9 and leave Humble at 7 for the rest of the year. Or if Timid Tim's hammy is up to it, play him at 7 for the rest of the year.

The Gambler

Juniors
Apparently Sheens has come out today and said Farah is unlikely to shift to the halves, because he doesn't want to weaken the 9.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Iosefa named in the halves today. I think he was playing half for Windsor Wolves before we nabbed him.

moller

Juniors
I fully expect a mishmash of players out of position all over the pitch. Sheens with pick his 17 most experienced players, and just fit them in as he pulls them out of a hat.
Expect BMM in the halves, Moors on the wing, Grant up front in the front row.
We're through the looking glass people....

Latest posts