What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs Bulldogs

maple_69

Bench
Plum is getting criticism but he's been outshone in the ineffectual stakes by his more illustrious colleagues so its only natural they get the heat. We only have BMM and Manu as options for the front row with Anderson out and Grant out of favour so Kite and Mckendry would be my picks for dropping.

Last edited:

MrBlack

Juniors
Cant get to the semis, nor play in them with a make shift half.
Humble surely comes into consideration now.
Simmons needs to be back in first grade.
Would also find a place for Kingston to get our defense back on track.

Sime_11

Juniors
now obviously NRL is miles ahead of NSW cup but we are leading the comp in NSW Cup, surely humble, Smith & Capewell etc must be doing something right?

Issac John's injury really startin to hurt now :(

give Smith a crack personally, lets see what he's got.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Humble comes no where near first grade, if that was the case we would of already seen him. The merkin is truly horrible and barely Reserve grade standard. Our best option is putting Moylan in the halves and DWZ out the back imo.

Kingston isn't going to fix our defense.

We are missing Mansour more then any player right now. The penalties he gets us coming out of trouble and the 150 plus metres he makes a game are the things we have miss the most the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
The people suggesting Humble haven't watched reserves at all. He's a deadset liability in that team and a. big reason that side can't close out games is halves making terrible decisions, stupid errors or giving away dumb penalties.

We are at the top of the ladder... But our halves aren't the reason for our success. A ridiculous forward pack and backline are. There's so many fringe first graders in this side that they just win most games. The halves NRL experience doesn't seem to help us at all either.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Humble isn't a great half we all know this, but he has to be better than a 2RF/Hooker/Fullback playing in the halves? Wal is out for the rest of the season it seems so why would we have a "stop gap" half for an extended period of time?

TheFrog

Coach
Humble isn't a great half we all know this, but he has to be better than a 2RF/Hooker/Fullback playing in the halves? Wal is out for the rest of the season it seems so why would we have a "stop gap" half for an extended period of time?

I'd say Moylan would be the best half (actually in the 6 with Soward to 7) but you then weaken the 1.

I know Kingston isn't a half, but he can tackle all day long. If we don't concede many points we don't need to score many to win.

maple_69

Bench
We know Humble and Capewell aren't up to first grade. Smith has shown potential in the halves in NSW Cup but also huge versatility. Even if Wallace comes right back in, we end up with another guy with first grade experience who can play 1-7. Moylan I think has proven he would be way more than a stop gap.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Ok play Kingston in the 7 and have him tackle all game..... The Dogs will love it. Because they'll know, almost certainly, that Soward is going to kick EVERY time and put a shit load of pressure on him. I'm not trying to argue for the sake of it, I just really think there are far better options then having a hooker play half.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Yes I'm thinking Kingston for our safest option.

We are conceding a whopping one point per game more on average without him in the side than with him.

It will be a huge step backwards to bring him in for any other reason than a serious injury to Segeyaro. In fact, Kingston at halfback would be the death knell of our season, I think.

Pomoz

Bench
Reynolds would love the idea of only having to chase Soward for very kick. He would be licking his lips. We need a viable alternative half, not a blow in, or a forward like Cartwright or Kingston. They must be able to kick or we will be unable to build pressure and be lucky to score nil.

grifter

Juniors
Might as well roll the dice. I'd like to see the following, though I wish there was more in the way of options. Especially in the front rower rotation

1. Moylan
2. Simmons
3. Whare
4. Brown
5. Mansour
6. Soward
7. Segeyaro
8. McKendry
9. Kingston
10.Plum
11.Robinson
12.Taylor
13.Cartwright

14.Idris
15.Manu (to play prop or second rower as needed)
16.Sam Anderson or RCG
17.Latimore

*A lot of people are saying that moving Segeyaro is a bad move, and bringing Kingston in is a death knell, but in my opinion getting the ball in Segs hands more often is not a bad thing. Imagine him running onto a pass at pace, as opposed to starting from standstill AND there is nothing to say he can't jump into hooker and go for scoots anyway.
Meanwhile, Kingston would stiffen up the centre, and tackle all day

*I completely agree that the Dogs are going to direct traffic towards Soward everytime its the 4th/5th but we don't have many other options. Moylan will just have to take more kicks. I kinda envisage people charging out of the line at Soward before he fires the ball across to Moylan (ala field goal against the Broncs) to either kick with less pressure OR to even chance his hand and try to put a running play one.

Big Mick

Referee
In reality I expect the following to be named:

1. Moylan, 2. Mansour, 3. Whare, 4. Yeo, 5. Simmons, 6. Soward, 7. Smith, 8. Kite, 9. Segeyaro, 10. McKendry, 11. Idris, 12. Taylor, 13. Docker
14. Latimore, 15. Plum, 16. Cartwright, 17. Brown, 18. Manu,

Wasn't far off lol.

1. Matt MOYLAN, 2. Josh MANSOUR, 3. Dean WHARE, 4. Jamal IDRIS, 5. David SIMMONS, 6. Will SMITH, 7. Jamie SOWARD, 8. Nigel PLUM, 9. James SEGEYARO, 10. Brent KITE, 11. Sika MANU, 12. Elijah TAYLOR, 13. Adam DOCKER
INTERCHANGE 14. Lewis BROWN 15. Jeremy LATIMORE, 16. Bryce CARTWRIGHT, 17. Sam McKENDRY, 18. Isaah YEO

Puntastic

Juniors
Idris and Mansour will have to have huge games. I wonder if Ivan would have played Anderson were he not injured.

Excited to see Smith play. Hope this is a spine that will stick for the remaining games without more reshuffling.

Tipping the dogs unfortunately.

Latest posts