What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs Bulldogs

Karnivayne

Juniors
1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jamal Idris
4. Dean Whare
5. David Simmons
6. Bryce Cartwright
7. Jamie Soward
8. Brent Kite
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Sam McKendry
11. Lewis Brown
12. Sika Manu
13. Elijah Taylor

14. James Segeyaro
15. Jeremy Latimore
16. Adam Docker
17. Nigel Plum

Dufmack

Juniors
1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jamal Idris
4. Dean Whare
5. David Simmons
6. Bryce Cartwright
7. Jamie Soward
8. Brent Kite
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Sam McKendry
11. Lewis Brown
12. Sika Manu
13. Elijah Taylor

14. James Segeyaro
15. Jeremy Latimore
16. Adam Docker
17. Nigel Plum

Don't think Kingston back at 9 and seg on the bench will solve those playmaking issues...

franklin2323

Immortal
Big Mick. I would pick that side.

What I expect Simmons/Mansour & Docker in for DWZ/Naiqama/Wallace...

Guys Anderson's out for a fortnight.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Big Mick. I would pick that side.

What I expect Simmons/Mansour & Docker in for DWZ/Naiqama/Wallace...

Guys Anderson's out for a fortnight.

What with?

Is Mansour definitely in this week? I read somewhere that he wasn't back until the Dragons game.

Getting sick of all these injuries.

Dufmack

Juniors
My ideal team would be

1. DWZ
2. Simmons
3. Whare
4. Idris
5. Mansour
6. Moylan
7. Soward
8. Mckendry
9. Seg
10. Anderson
11. Cartwright
12. Yeo
13. Taylor

14. Plum
15. Latimore
16. Manu (as a prop)
17. Lewis brown

Whilst idris needs clear improvement if he is to start at centre I think it's too early to drop him for Blake, if we had James Roberts that's a different story. Still not a great team but it is a team that can form combinations together and get some experience in what will be a brutal run home and finals campaign.

Main issues are Moylans defence at 6 and DWZ's ability to play moylans crucial role. Also not fully confident with yeo starting at 12 but it is a better option then bringing in docker or Manu or brown; aswell as it being the best option for the future. Which should be the goal of putting the team together over the next few weeks.

TheFrog

Coach
1. Moylan
2. Simmons
3. Whare
4. Yeo
5. Mansour / DWZ
6. Soward
7. Segeyaro
8. McKendry
9. Kingston
10. Plum
11. Cartwright
12. Taylor
13. Docker

14. Idris
15. Latimore
16. Brown
17. Manu

Sime_11

Juniors
cant have Kingston at 9, segs offers those quick scoots out of dummy half which Kingston cant do and it puts us on the front foot. if Kingston is in the squad, he is at 7 leading the troops around

Karnivayne

Juniors
Why would you demote Segeyaro to the bench? For Kingston? Why? I cannot fathom it.

Seriously watch the game again and look at his defense, he had the most missed tackles not to mention the breaks that he didnt even get a hand on, there has been too many games where teams have cut us open around the ruck from having an ineffectual hooker defending, the defense that others are having to do as well without Kingstons 40-50 tackles is slowing them down and its showing in the second half.

The impact we had with Segeyaro coming on was a tonne load better than any impact we have at the moment plus we have Wallace out and need a steadying influence in the team.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
The impact we had with Segeyaro coming on was a tonne load better than any impact we have at the moment.....

Granted, the season is not over yet, but I think I have my winner in the "Statement I Couldn't Agree With Less" competition.

Some stats:

With Kingston starting hooker (8 games): 129 points scored at an average of just under 16 (4W, 4L), 134 points conceded @ 16.75
With Segeyaro starting hooker (10 games): 259 points scored at an average of just under 26 (7W, 3L), 174 points conceded @ 17.40

[We have won all 4 games this season we have played without Jamal Idris. Since he has returned, we have lost 3 from 5. But you still have him starting at centre.]

This season, Segeyaro has missed 46 tackles in 18 games (not great). Here are some players who have worse or very similar averages: Docker (43 from 15), Taylor (39 from 16), Soward (62 from 17), Wallace (43 from 14), Peachey (39 from 14), Whare (45 from 18).

And it is your contention that it is all Segeyaro's fault and that we should go back to the formation that had us alternating WLWL and struggling to score points? Come on now.

Last edited:

Karnivayne

Juniors
Idris has had 1 game with a centre playing wing, 2 games with a under 20s fullback playing out of position in the 3 losses so i would hardly say that the 3 out of 5 losses are all his fault as you're implying.

Wasnt it you that was preaching the whole Naiqama was better than Simmo when i suggested bringing Simmo straight back in? wasnt it due to his speed and letting youth have a go? or the fact that he stood there whilst a rookie lept embarrassingly above him or the rushing in when he should have been sliding or the fact that he has speed but was reluctant to pin his ears back to dive in the corner with 6 mins to go with his incredible speed.

At no time did i say that it was all his fault, he had a bad game and has struggled around the ruck but we lack that punch off the bench which he can provide. While you're sitting there trying to prove a point can you look up how many line breaks there have been through the middle of our defense compared to the edges with Segeyaro starting compared to not starting.

My reasoning for starting Segeyaro at hooker was that the dogs have a massive forward pack if we start off on the back foot and are made to defend like we were against the Sharks we lose that attacking potency that he has as he will be forced to make 40 odd tackles again and lose effectiveness in attack and defense as was the case v the Sharks, if we can get into an arm wrestle and keep Segeyaro fresh for the 25min mark when their forwards begin to tire we can throw him in and hopefully make a few breaks tiring their forwards out further ensuring theyre not as effective in the second half.

maple_69

Bench
Then we lose a spot on the bench for a forward which we just can't afford given how badly they are performing with 4 props and 5 second rowers.
I'd opt for Moylan into the halves but would be really happy for Smith to get a go as well. Cartwright isn't the right option if were looking at 7/8 games. Kingston may be safeish and solid in defence but I think a step in the wrong direction.

DWZ, Mansour, Blake, Whare, Simmons, Moylan, Soward, Mckendry, Segeyaro, Plum, Brown, Yeo, Taylor, Cartwright, Idris, Manu, BMM

I've gone for starch in the starting pack to keep it tight early and then really take it up a notch with impact from the bench.

MrAnonymous

Bench
lol @ billy and all them facebook merkins that think Idris is the reason we lost a couple of games.

Ruck defense and our pea heart front row is the reason we have lost, nothing to do with Idris.

ACTPanthers

Bench
If Kingston plays in the 7, we lose - Plain and simple - Not saying Kev is bad player, just that he isn't a half and never will be - Bring in Humble or move Moylan - IMO they are really the only viable options

Latest posts