What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs Bulldogs

Big Mick

Referee
So leaving last week behind what would you like to see?

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Dean Whare
4. Waqa Blake
5. David Simmons
6. Jamie Soward
7. Will Smith
8. Nigel Plum
9. James Segeyaro
10. Sam McKendry
11. Bryce Cartwright
12. Jamal Idris
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Sika Manu
15. Jeremy Latimore
16. Lewis Brown
17. Matt Robinson

Giving Kite the week off for rotation purposes along with Docker going to NSW Cup this week to regain some confidence. Manu to play prop.

Brought in Robinson instead of Yeo as while I rate Yeo I want Robinson as a thread on the edge and while Sika may be spoken about as a terrible inclusion he gained over 10m a hit up last week so seems to have responded to his attempted dropping.

Giving a debut to Blake just because I selfishly want to see how he is going to go. That's all. No way it happens but.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
In reality I expect the following to be named:

1. Moylan, 2. Mansour, 3. Whare, 4. Yeo, 5. Simmons, 6. Soward, 7. Smith, 8. Kite, 9. Segeyaro, 10. McKendry, 11. Idris, 12. Taylor, 13. Docker
14. Latimore, 15. Plum, 16. Cartwright, 17. Brown, 18. Manu,

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
My dreamteam:

1. DWZ
2. Mansour
3. Blake
4. Whare
5. Simmons (far me)
6. Soward
7. Moylan
8. Latimore
9. Segeyaro
10. Manu
11. Idris
12. Cartwright
13. Taylor

14. McKendry
15. BMM / RCG
16. Yeo
17. Brown

Wallace needs to get fully fit. Let Moylan get his shot in the halves. If he sucks then shit happens. Beats changing halves midgame.

Sime_11

Juniors
if wallace is out

DWZ
Sauce
Yeo
Whare
Simmons
Sowie
Moylan
Latimore
Segs
Manu
Idris
Taylor
Docker

Brown
Anderson/RCG
Mckendry
Cartwright

Latimore deserves a start IMO, showing up Kite & Plum for me. give anderson or RCG a crack as well

TheFrog

Coach
I'd be thinking about moving Segeyaro to 7 and bringing Kingston up. Maybe switching them around a bit as dummy half.

I think we need to stiffen our defence up the middle. It was our biggest problem last game. The Sharks made too much ground and got far too many offloads away and the Dogs would have been watching.

Sime_11

Juniors
quite interesting that both teams get their go forward man back in the squad, us with Mansour and Reynolds for the dogs, we need to be wary of him, need to shut him down and do it quickly, was a handful last game when we played them.

should be a good game, hoping we can get a few Panther fans there, where is the away bay set at ANZ?

Wallace gone for the year. Our options are
7.Seg/9.Kingston
1.DWZ/6.Moylan/7.Soward
6.Cartwright/Soward

Please no Humble or Capewell they simply aren't good enough

Big Mick

Referee
Wallace out for the year with ruptured ACL.

Huge blow to us.

I'd like to see Will Smith get a shot to be honest. He was on standby for Wallace in Bathurst last week so logically he is next man up.

If not then Cartwright.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
FFS. Top 3 choices to partner Soward all gone for the season when we're in a position to actually have a chance.

I want Moylan to get a run in the halves. Disappointed he didn't get his chance already. If it's Humble or Capewell, our season is gone for sure.

Pomoz

Bench
I have no objection to Will Smith he looks very capable in NSW cup. Alternatively, the best passer of the ball in the team for exploiting gaps is Moylan. I would try him at 5/8th and put Mosely at fullback or DZW, they have both been playing well. I believe Moylan played a lot of his junior footy at 5/8th. The risk with my strategy is you change two positions rather than one.

We now have too long a period without Wallace to trial Cartwright, we need a ball playing back. One game is OK, but now we are talking about six games and the semi finals.

Big Mick

Referee
The risk with my strategy is you change two positions rather than one.

That's why I didn't move Moylan and put DWZ in there tbh.

Wouldn't be opposed to that move...just figured since Cleary made Smith the 18th man to cover for Wallace last week that he is in front of mind for this chance.

murraymob

Coach
moylan needs to stay at fullback we only have 2 plays where the backs are used and both heavily involve moylan sweeping around
For mine idris in the centers he is just to lazy to play in the forwards.we need to make changes or there will be no semi final footy .Will smith has played in the halves put him there at least he has a bit of a idea rather than move the whole team around

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Go big or go home;

1. DWZ
2. Mansour
3. Blake
4. Whare
5. Naiqama
6. Moylan
7. Soward
8. Anderson
9. Segeyaro
10. McKendry
11. Cartwright
12. Manu
13. Taylor

14. W. Smith/Brown
15. Plum
16. RCG
17. Latimore

soc123_au

Staff member
Smith to partner Sowie is my preference. Moylan is having a breakout season at the back, it would be a shame to move him now.

soc123_au

Staff member
Go big or go home;

1. DWZ
2. Mansour
3. Blake
4. Whare
5. Naiqama
6. Moylan
7. Soward
8. Anderson
9. Segeyaro
10. McKendry
11. Cartwright
12. Manu
13. Taylor

14. W. Smith/Brown
15. Plum
16. RCG
17. Latimore

Ballsy side. Lol. Smith starts in the halves or plays NSW cup though.

pantherpuddy

Juniors
would love to see will smith get a start in the halves and sam Anderson in the forwards to put some speed in our forward pack. Ivan has to start making some brave decisions instead of the safety ones he seems to prefer. Weve got some untapped talent in that nsw cup side so lets give them a chance to show what they can do