What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs. the SCUM

dungay dragon

Juniors
So many players shouldn't be there.
Too many to name and not worth the effort
we played like total strangers , yet again
we were bunched all nite
no depth in attack
were they the tactics from the coach ? no risk football , 5 hit ups and kick until the 78th minute ?
why was woods left on for so long in the 2nd half and m molo hardly got any time ?
are our back up forwards that poor that woods holds his spot every week ?
Hunt tried hard in attack , but most of the side appeared clueless
Mbye was very good apart from the last play
jdb was powerful in defence
a major clean up is taking place , more to come
get the feeling former dragons will be more involved from the Coach down 🤔 🤔

Budpower

Juniors
Brandy spot on. Why did we wait for the last two sets to throw the ball around. Boring as
thats exactly why we need BUD, he throws the ball around and his combo with Amone and Sloan is scintillating...theyre a team, synergetically those kids, when are we going to learn from Penrith to let all them kids play....stay....pick em and stick! Hunt can play Hooker or leave...he dont gel with Amone like Bud

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
I have been witness to sooo many games from st George like this now, I’m become just numb to it all. if They can’t win a regular fixture when they need to, there was no way they were ever going to win playing with the pressure of must win.
it’s been the same crap now for years!
Hook, Mary, Price - what’s changed?
has to be something deeper.

Dragsters

First Grade
The bloke has been kept in cotton wool all year. Everyone has been calling for Hook’s head for not bringing him into FG! The kid was given his chance. 20 minutes left, tired forwards, bring in the young superstar speedster. He should be revelling in this opportunity. He farked it. He’s not good enough yet.

That's my point mate, Hook waits til effectively the last 20 minutes of our season, throws him out there cold after he's been banging on all year about the need to look after him and ease him into first grade!

It's bollocks coaching I reckon...

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
That's my point mate, Hook waits til effectively the last 20 minutes of our season, throws him out there cold after he's been banging on all year about the need to look after him and ease him into first grade!

It's bollocks coaching I reckon...
Nah mate. He was given a chance to shine and he didn’t. That was an easy bomb to take and he farked it. The kid is too scared to take bombs. Throw him in a game against the titans, tigers, sharks or Penriff and the result would’ve been the same. The kid needs work

Kolum Kid

Juniors
The bloke has been kept in cotton wool all year. Everyone has been calling for Hook’s head for not bringing him into FG! The kid was given his chance. 20 minutes left, tired forwards, bring in the young superstar speedster. He should be revelling in this opportunity. He farked it. He’s not good enough yet.
While I don't like Gus maybe you should of listened to him in the end of game commentary. His take on Sloan is that putting him on late to do something spectacular is unfair and not the way the bring on a young player. He is feeling the pressure with every touch and trying too hard. Needs more time in FG. Now that we are out of finals maybe we can play the younger ones more I'd rather we lose with the kids getting experience instead of losing with the dinosaurs in the forwards. The other thing I noticed is when Macca is dummy half 90% of the ball goes to Hunt. At least when Maybe is the Amone gets more ball. That's my take on tonight's game.

possm

Coach
OK it's time. Sack Griffin and appoint Flannagan in his place.

Appoint Brown and Potter as the assistants for 2023.

Get rid of the deadwood now.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
While I don't like Gus maybe you should of listened to him in the end of game commentary. His take on Sloan is that putting him on late to do something spectacular is unfair and not the way the bring on a young player. He is feeling the pressure with every touch and trying too hard. Needs more time in FG. Now that we are out of finals maybe we can play the younger ones more I'd rather we lose with the kids getting experience instead of losing with the dinosaurs in the forwards. The other thing I noticed is when Macca is dummy half 90% of the ball goes to Hunt. At least when Maybe is the Amone gets more ball. That's my take on tonight's game.
Everyone is calling for the kid to be in FG. Here was his chance. All that was expected of him was to do the simple things right. He didn’t do those things right. I’m no fan of Hook but FFS he’s damned if he does and he’s damned if he doesn’t. If Sloan hadn’t come onto the field, some people on here would have been saying that we had Sloan sitting on the bench, a young speedster who could have changed the game with tired forwards. Now that he was brought on. Some People are saying “poor Sloan, the coach shouldn’t have brought him on” the kid was given a chance that many young blokes would have loved to have and he didn’t take it with 2 hands

Dragsters

First Grade
Nah mate. He was given a chance to shine and he didn’t. That was an easy bomb to take and he farked it. The kid is too scared to take bombs. Throw him in a game against the titans, tigers, sharks or Penriff and the result would’ve been the same. The kid needs work

Of course he needs work and he should have had more opportunity to work on it in this team.

Perspectives mate, we've all got our own...