What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs. the SCUM

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Perspectives mate, we've all got ours...
He can’t catch bombs. Then he should be practising catching bombs in reserve grade. Once he’s good enough in reserve grade, then he should be called into FG

HenryTatana

Juniors
FFS, you really expect Sloane to turn the game when our whole game plan is cactus. OK he missed a bomb that he should’ve taken but our game plan is not conducive to him being involved in every play and turning a game. Get real. You can have Tedesco in the team and we still lose.

twinkletoes

Juniors
While I don't like Gus maybe you should of listened to him in the end of game commentary. His take on Sloan is that putting him on late to do something spectacular is unfair and not the way the bring on a young player. He is feeling the pressure with every touch and trying too hard. Needs more time in FG. Now that we are out of finals maybe we can play the younger ones more I'd rather we lose with the kids getting experience instead of losing with the dinosaurs in the forwards. The other thing I noticed is when Macca is dummy half 90% of the ball goes to Hunt. At least when Maybe is the Amone gets more ball. That's my take on tonight's game.
If the future of the club is in the hands of Sloan and Amone we have no future. Sloan is not nor will ever be first grade material… he bumbled and fumbled his way through a half of football without doing one thing well and dropped straight forward bomb which led to a try and ultimately lost us the match… he’s not learnt one thing from his early season appearances and for mine is no longer worth pursuing with… he looks scared

similarly Amone has no future… he’s played first grade all season but tonight let 2 tries through his turn style defence….did nothing else except pass the ball…he also looks scared.

unfortunately the club is placing its hope for future success in these players but I can’t see either making it in this agame

kit66

Bench
I missed the end, how did we go ? I had to turn off after one of the commentators called a set in attack from us "the worst set in rugby league history" ( which we followed up with a carbon copy ).
No-one knows what they're doing out there on account of the most diabolical coaching in rugby league history.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
FFS, you really expect Sloane to turn the game when our whole game plan is cactus. OK he missed a bomb that he should’ve taken but our game plan is not conducive to him being involved in every play and turning a game. Get real. You can have Tedesco in the team and we still lose.
Their attack sucks. Their defence sucks. Sloan wouldn’t have made a difference, but jeez, you’d expect a first grade player to catch an uncontested bomb.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Old, slow, boring, bunched, error ridden and poor defence…yet again we had a good week training & are learning from our mistakes.

What the Phook are they teaching them all week as it ain’t working. Hook is more a sinker as the club goes down.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
While I don't like Gus maybe you should of listened to him in the end of game commentary. His take on Sloan is that putting him on late to do something spectacular is unfair and not the way the bring on a young player. He is feeling the pressure with every touch and trying too hard. Needs more time in FG. Now that we are out of finals maybe we can play the younger ones more I'd rather we lose with the kids getting experience instead of losing with the dinosaurs in the forwards. The other thing I noticed is when Macca is dummy half 90% of the ball goes to Hunt. At least when Maybe is the Amone gets more ball. That's my take on tonight's game.
Gus is a little ignorant so I wouldn't expect him to realise that Sloan got the first 3 games at fullback this year after a whole off season of training there. He also got the last 5-6 games last season. He has too many bad habits as it is and that was the reason he was dropped twice this year.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Surely, these young turks should be doing extras at training.
Who says they're not? Ability is a natural thing, you can practice it as much as you like but it's not something that can be taught. Sloan lacks the ability to catch the high ball and tackle affectively as the last line of defence.

thebigredv

First Grade
Yet Amone still gets the inside run.IMO another very poor game. Hope Bud playing 6 In Reggie’s today signals change.

Sure it's relatively early days but Amone is starting to stand out as a bit of a weakness in the team. Obviously defensively he has his moments but his attack is pedestrian for someone touted as a dynamic young player. It doesn't help with the noise regarding Sullivan and Hunt...at this current point it's Amone I would feel least concerned about losing.

Sullivan got somewhat crucified for a poor game during origin. Sloan will cop it for tonight (he was not good when needed) but Amone should not avoid the microscope for now a full season of being very, very vanilla. A better 6 tonight and we come up with enough points to win.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Only if he learns how to catch the high ball
I agree that he needs lots of work on the high balls, and also defence but is that happening at training? Judging by the team performance as a whole there's plenty of work needed right across the board. I'd still prefer to watch younger players getting experience than watching the "experienced players" giving away 6 against, spending time in the sin bin, getting suspended, too slow to run out of sight on a dark night who are never going to improve or pass on knowledge or get us a finals berth.

thebigredv

First Grade
I missed the end, how did we go ? I had to turn off after one of the commentators called a set in attack from us "the worst set in rugby league history" ( which we followed up with a carbon copy ).
No-one knows what they're doing out there on account of the most diabolical coaching in rugby league history.
We won.

McCullough stepped past 5 defenders on his way to the try line.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I agree that he needs lots of work on the high balls, and also defence but is that happening at training? Judging by the team performance as a whole there's plenty of work needed right across the board. I'd still prefer to watch younger players getting experience than watching the "experienced players" giving away 6 against, spending time in the sin bin, getting suspended, too slow to run out of sight on a dark night who are never going to improve or pass on knowledge or get us a finals berth.
Who in the world knows what goes on at training. The team has not improved and they continue to lack in attack and defence and continue to do the little things wrong. You would’ve thought Sloan’s inability to catch bombs would’ve been addressed by now

redv13

Bench
I’m disappointed with Sloan. Love the kid but how many of the same f**k ups does he do. Dropped bomb cost us vs the Titans and tonight’s error cost them any chance of snatching the win. It’s Dufty errors all over again.

Not sure where we go with him to be honest. Ramsey should be back next week so where does Sloan play??

Over to Amone. Hate to say it but he really does zero for me. 1 good thing attack wise for about 10 average things. Loves a jersey grab too. Cost us 2 tries tonight that wouldn’t be acceptable in under 16’s let alone a 1st grade 5/8. My head hurts atm