What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs. the SCUM

getsmarty

Immortal
Well chin up getsmarty. We all feel the pain at the moment. Wouldn't it be amazing if we went on and won the remaining 5 matches. Just think how unbelievable that would be. Just thought I would throw that in to keep the spirits up.

Thanks @Dragon David. The issue for me is , If and that's a big if, we make the 8 , we are canon fodder. I have just lost interest...sick of the same old same old..dished up year after year...

I don't mind losing if we are competitive, but boy we are a dumb footy team...

Add to that the glaring inconsistencies with refs and the bunker, and unfortunately the Footy is no longer that enjoyable...I used to watch most games...not anymore... even the Dragons game last Sunday, I turned it off a little way into the 2nd half. Can't be bothered...although I will always support the club.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have a silly song in my head.

Woodsy, he wore a headband.
Woodsy, he now plays for the saints.

Wwwwoooodddsssy he cannot turn around.

Woodsy, gave up a penalty.

Is it a missed tackle if you do not even touch the attacker, Woodsy poses such questions.

Make sure he plays Griff, I will even allow a try.

Woodsy loves a celebration.....even at 46-0 nil down.

Wooooddddssyy!!!!!

Thanks @Dragon David. The issue for me is , If and that's a big if, we make the 8 , we are canon fodder. I have just lost interest...sick of the same old same old..dished up year after year...

Add to that the glaring inconsistencies with refs and the bunker, and unfortunately the Footy is no longer that enjoyable...I used to watch most games...not anymore... even the Dragons game last Sunday, I turned it off a little way into the 2nd half. Can't be bothered...although I will always support the club.
Feel the same way smarty I'm Fifty six and so sick of the same shit dished up every year .Boring attack and shocking defense . Dinosaurs running the club with no hope of removing .
The sad thing is it looks like its going to go on for many more years.
At this point in time I would like to see Flanno as coach and maybe getting Some young up and coming assistants maybe with the view of taking over in about two or so years.

since77

Juniors
Sloan to me looks like he doesn't want the 1 jersey. He gave up too easily for mine in a couple of Cowboys tries last weekend. Had a chance to at least make it look like he wanted to stop the second Nanai try. Probably wouldn't have, but at least have a go at knocking the ball out of his hands. He was close enough, but no heart.
That’s hilarious. You’re saying the poor kid who gets 5 minutes at the end of the game has no heart after the rest of the team played with no heart for the entire game. But yeah, have a go at the young kid who Griffin has screwed over all season.

That’s hilarious. You’re saying the poor kid who gets 5 minutes at the end of the game has no heart after the rest of the team played with no heart for the entire game. But yeah, have a go at the young kid who Griffin has screwed over all season.
There is a legitimate reason why the kid has not been a regular first grader this season, and Hook is not that reason. In fact, Hook may have saved him from ruining his potential by not playing him in his current state, both physically and mentally.

But, I guess you know more than the Dragons staff, huh

Dragon David

First Grade

Yes, I understand your feelings getsmarty like many of us on this Forum and it is sad to read.

We won't make the finals and if by miracle we do we would be cannon fodder anyway - but the club would be extremely happy with that and will keep Hook on 😫 but that miracle will not happen and we forlornly look towards 2023 with trepidation that the new season will be the exact same as 2022.

You posted another report of "The damning truth about the boring St George Illawarra Dragons" above and it clearly indicates how much the club has gone down hill. Crowd numbers are down because we do not play attractive football to get spectators enthused, we are just so boring to watch now.

I ,like you, love the Dragons, but that love isn't as much as I would like it to be. Interest on them for me for the last 5 games of the season will continue to drop and then I couldn't care less who wins the grand final.

2022 started with high expectations for a good year but there is now no fairy tale ending for the Dragons unfortunately. Maybe next year?

since77

Juniors

Crush

Coach
I have a silly song in my head.

Woodsy, he wore a headband.
Woodsy, he now plays for the saints.

Wwwwoooodddsssy he cannot turn around.

Woodsy, gave up a penalty.

Is it a missed tackle if you do not even touch the attacker, Woodsy poses such questions.

Make sure he plays Griff, I will even allow a try.

Woodsy loves a celebration.....even at 46-0 nil down.

Wooooddddssyy!!!!!
Mr Angry, why are Sharkies fans so angry all the time?
I mean, even look at the two forums, we dragons fans start our thread round 21 vs Sharks.
Head to the Sharks forum and it’s round 21 vs St Merge Filth.
Such an angry lot, funny bastards, but angry.

hewi

Bench
Mr Angry, why are Sharkies fans so angry all the time?
I mean, even look at the two forums, we dragons fans start our thread round 21 vs Sharks.
Head to the Sharks forum and it’s round 21 vs St Merge Filth.
Such an angry lot, funny bastards, but angry.

Shonkies fans have pride we have nothing but shame

Crush

Coach
Yes pride in a tainted premiership something to be real proud of
Sharks made the right call moving on Morris, at the time it was somewhat of a big call, they weren’t travelling terribly. Had the balls to do it though. Got their man in Fitzgibbon. Again, a bit of a risk given he was a rookie, but had the balls to do it. Then made smart recruitment and retention calls, telling Woods thanks but no thanks is a good example. We’re able to attract high profile signings without paying overs, Nicho Hynes.
Sharks management made a plan and executed.
I think their fans are proud of that.
Dragons management have no plan and have no balls, something that our fans are embarrassed of.
Sharks fans are still an angry mob though, they hate everyone.

getsmarty

Immortal
Feel the same way smarty I'm Fifty six and so sick of the same shit dished up every year .Boring attack and shocking defense . Dinosaurs running the club with no hope of removing .
The sad thing is it looks like its going to go on for many more years.
At this point in time I would like to see Flanno as coach and maybe getting Some young up and coming assistants maybe with the view of taking over in about two or so years.
Agree 100% @Dragon set in stone

getsmarty

Immortal
Yes, I understand your feelings getsmarty like many of us on this Forum and it is sad to read.

We won't make the finals and if by miracle we do we would be cannon fodder anyway - but the club would be extremely happy with that and will keep Hook on 😫 but that miracle will not happen and we forlornly look towards 2023 with trepidation that the new season will be the exact same as 2022.

You posted another report of "The damning truth about the boring St George Illawarra Dragons" above and it clearly indicates how much the club has gone down hill. Crowd numbers are down because we do not play attractive football to get spectators enthused, we are just so boring to watch now.

I ,like you, love the Dragons, but that love isn't as much as I would like it to be. Interest on them for me for the last 5 games of the season will continue to drop and then I couldn't care less who wins the grand final.

2022 started with high expectations for a good year but there is now no fairy tale ending for the Dragons unfortunately. Maybe next year?

I like your optimism in regards to next year...for mine, unless we recruit some tough nuts ( Costigan J Smith Weyman Saffy those were the days )in the forwards, we are years away....

Latest posts