What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs. the SCUM

justadragon

Bench
My understanding is because of the salary cap issues we are unable to pursue new players
exactly put, so why doesnt the club let us know where we are at, it makes a mockery that we just paid $500k a season for bird and now we have salary cap issues, Flanno better get on his horse and do some explaining instead of commentating on FOX about all the issues we have.

denis preston

First Grade
My understanding is because of the salary cap issues we are unable to pursue new players
Where did you hear that ? There's three factors here

1. Why would the club tell the market they have heaps of cash to spend ?
2. Who is really available at present ?
3 . As assistant coaches and ( we hope head coach ) not announced it's difficult to negotiate until these have been appointed.
My take on this is yes next year may have a similar squad by we will be very active after Nov 1st for 2024.

jeffdragon

Bench
exactly put, so why doesnt the club let us know where we are at, it makes a mockery that we just paid $500k a season for bird and now we have salary cap issues, Flanno better get on his horse and do some explaining instead of commentating on FOX about all the issues we have.
Heard the same.
Besides Hunt to me that means every other player is overpaid.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How sad is this. For some reason I look each week at the team list expecting Hook to bite the bullet and make changes to improve the attack/defence and all I get is disappointed. Usually you get disappointed after the loss which lasts a day. Now there is the double whammy of feeling disappointed all week after the team is announced. Bad times for Dragons fans.

True_Believer

Juniors
Where did you hear that ? There's three factors here

1. Why would the club tell the market they have heaps of cash to spend ?
2. Who is really available at present ?
3 . As assistant coaches and ( we hope head coach ) not announced it's difficult to negotiate until these have been appointed.
My take on this is yes next year may have a similar squad by we will be very active after Nov 1st for 2024.

This is what I think as well. In the podcast Ryan did say there was noone worth buying on the market. A lot of players are coming off contract come end of 2023 so it would make sense to start targeting 1 November while in the meantime focusing on pathways and junior retention.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well gents I am going for a huge upset this weekend and as such believe the Big Red V will cause a boil over by just getting over the top of the Sharkies .

For some unknown reason which will have me dumbfounded and the rest of you boys ‘ absolutely flabbergasted ‘ ☺️ the ref will give the Dragons the benefit of a lopsided penalty count and an avalanche of six-again’s that will prove too much for the sharks to overcome .

Dragons by 8 ! 😇

redv13

Bench
Well gents I am going for a huge upset this weekend and as such believe the Big Red V will cause a boil over by just getting over the top of the Sharkies .

For some unknown reason which will have me dumbfounded and the rest of you boys ‘ absolutely flabbergasted ‘ ☺️ the ref will give the Dragons the benefit of a lopsided penalty count and an avalanche of six-again’s that will prove too much for the sharks to overcome .

Dragons by 8 ! 😇
f**k Scumulla. Let’s go Dragons!!

Gomarchin

Juniors
and there is no guarantee we win that either, so what will be the excuse this year ???
The excuses have already started with P Kent (NRL360) pushing the "dragons have overachieved this year. Everyone was tipping them to come last this year and they're only just out of the top 8."

We'll probably finish 11th but I can guarantee you we will be doing well to avoid the spoon in 23.

Nanadragon

Juniors

Dragons by 8 ! 😇
We're not all "boys" on here Gareth. But I hope you're right on Saturday evening.

Dragon David

First Grade
The excuses have already started with P Kent (NRL360) pushing the "dragons have overachieved this year. Everyone was tipping them to come last this year and they're only just out of the top 8."

We'll probably finish 11th but I can guarantee you we will be doing well to avoid the spoon in 23.
Agree! Some team has to come last. We have been fortunate to not be spooners but if everything with us is deja vu for next year it could very well be on the cards we get the wooden utensil. The current cellar dwellers I don't think will remain in the low positions with signings they have made together with changes to coaches etc. We do nothing of any significance and the results will be negative.

If we get to rock bottom, and heaven forbid how this forum will be reacting, it hopefully might make those in charge do something to get us out of the mess.

be55

Juniors
I seem to recall a lot of people in the media and many forum members were predicting we would improve in leaps and bounds this year. I remember them pointing to things like moving the dead wood, and the bad influences on, like Vaughan, Norman and Dufty, and the fact that we went to market last year and picked up Suli on significant money as a strike centre, Molo and Jayden Su'a, who have both played for Queensland, having De Belin back in the team fulltime, the addition of these so called 'moneyball' buys and that along with the further progression of the youth that shone towards the back end of last year, had many saying this year we would see improvement...

I don't think that has happened at all.

I think people like Kent, with his commentary that we have over achieved this year, is basically because their default position is to offer up excuses for Griffin because he is a fan of his and he so heavily endorsed him at the time we signed him.

People can point to our position on the table to justify improvement, but they way i see it we still look to have no plan in attack, and look completely lost at times during games, and our defence this season has been disgraceful.

When we signed Griffin i thought we would move away from the one out, low risk, boring style that we became accustom to under McGregor, and naturally i thought our defence would improve because this is what Griffin was known for, that is bringing a steely resolve and attitude to that aspect of a team. I don't think even Griffin's biggest supporters could say we have seen any real improvement the last year and a half in those areas.

Basically i think people saying that we should not have expected much from this year, are only doing so because they are desperate to offer up excuses for a coach, who i regret to say, is starting to prove he is not the saviour that we all hoped he would be.

SEAT 1A

Bench

Dragons by 8 ! 😇

Agree Gareth67.

It's the Scum for goodness sake.

If the club can't get up for the local derby, we have lost the plot.

mickeylane

Bench
This is what I think as well. In the podcast Ryan did say there was noone worth buying on the market. A lot of players are coming off contract come end of 2023 so it would make sense to start targeting 1 November while in the meantime focusing on pathways and junior retention.
tell that to Munster , Moses, Crichton, Hargreaves, Savage, Tapine, all on the market...tell Web to f**k off...

Crush

Coach

Hook apologists will use this line a lot, just because people predicted we’d come last doesn’t mean we’ve overachieved.
We’ve seen zero improvement.

Latest posts