What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 | Knights vs Bulldogs @ Hunter | Sat 5.30pm

Round 22 result :: Knights vs Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RABK

Referee
I know they are playing some freakish football.

I know they are leading the comp.

I know they have won 9 in a row.

But...

That Bulldogs side is very beatable if you ask me. Kasiano's absence makes the pack look very containable for a grinding pack like ours for mine. Their halves are inexperienced enough to go missing if their pack gets rolled and Mullen and Roberts apply pressure. We can probably claim the mantle of forcing Barba to have his worst game of the year with our kick chase aggression in round 4 and a repeat is needed.

Spread the ball early and move their big forwards around and conserve our forwards energy for a fast linespeed all night. I think our backs could tear the Dogs backs up on form, Boyd will be the Key for us. His passes hit the mark and we reach double figures in line breaks and we'll win. Very Important that Kev, Uate, Tahu and Gagai make a good 60 runs between them and take a lot of workload off the forwards so they can really bring the D in the ruck.

I'm very confident - more confident than i was of victory over the Raiders.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
I know they are playing some freakish football.

I know they are leading the comp.

I know they have won 9 in a row.

But...

That Bulldogs side is very beatable if you ask me. Kasiano's absence makes the pack look very containable for a grinding pack like ours for mine. Their halves are inexperienced enough to go missing if their pack gets rolled and Mullen and Roberts apply pressure. We can probably claim the mantle of forcing Barba to have his worst game of the year with our kick chase aggression in round 4 and a repeat is needed.

Spread the ball early and move their big forwards around and conserve our forwards energy for a fast linespeed all night. I think our backs could tear the Dogs backs up on form, Boyd will be the Key for us. His passes hit the mark and we reach double figures in line breaks and we'll win. Very Important that Kev, Uate, Tahu and Gagai make a good 60 runs between them and take a lot of workload off the forwards so they can really bring the D in the ruck.

I'm very confident - more confident than i was of victory over the Raiders.
I'm feeling it brother, word for word what you said.

The way I see it is it's all on Barba this game. If he wants to be compared to Hayne 09, this is his game to do it.

My tip is Boyd completely out shines him. Boyd's class has come through in spades since origin.

Yosh

Coach
All dynasty are there to fall. 9 games in a row is long enough. We've got them covered!!

RABK

Referee
The Bulldogs are our reckoning my friends.

Deh-Shay, Deh-Shay, Bah Sah Rah. Bah Sah Rah.

The Darkhorse Knights Rise.

Johns Magic

Referee
Just looking at the ticket website last night, I'm really hoping this will be a sellout.

You could only buy single tickets in any of the Category 1 sections last night.

Lady at The Knight Supporter store said she tips minimum 30 000. She said sales are insane and plenty of Dog supporters coming too.. Will be electric.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I don't think it'll sell out, but it'll probably go close to beating the Dragons game in R1, which is good cos I missed that one :p

perverse

Referee
there's something wrong with people if this doesn't sell out, to be honest. this and old boys day are as close to grand finals as we're likely to play this year (without a fairytale, anyway).

Jobdog

Live Update Team
While I'm inclined to agree with you, R26 last year didn't sell out and we were playing for a spot in the semis...

Johns Magic

Referee
While I'm inclined to agree with you, R26 last year didn't sell out and we were playing for a spot in the semis...

Yeah that is surprising, but I reckon this game has more build up.

We are on a massive roll, playing the competition heavyweights in a game that will likely decide our season.

Buderus, Mason and to a lesser extent Boyd will pull in the crowds.

Wayne Bennett is also a big drawcard. I reckon a lot of people had their eyes on this year even last season which may explain the Rabbitohs game.

I myself am certainly more pumped for this one, I know that. It's just the vibe, it's Mabo. I really hope it sells out. I reckon the first round of this year would have had it not been a Thursday night.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah that is surprising, but I reckon this game has more build up.

We are on a massive roll, playing the competition heavyweights in a game that will likely decide our season.

Buderus, Mason and to a lesser extent Boyd will pull in the crowds.

Wayne Bennett is also a big drawcard. I reckon a lot of people had their eyes on this year even last season which may explain the Rabbitohs game.

I myself am certainly more pumped for this one, I know that. It's just the vibe, it's Mabo. I really hope it sells out. I reckon the first round of this year would have had it not been a Thursday night.

All that certainly adds to the build up of a big crowd but there is also other factors to consider. The boys were terrible early in the year, especially at home and some of that feeling would not be lost on the crowd. A lot of the trust was lost between the team and the fans during that time and while the boys have gone a long way to earning that back, I dont think they are all the way there yet.

ouwet

Bench
Good Luck Guys...

Just bought two Category 2 tickets (Bay 62 Western Grandstand)... Tried buying Cat 1 but only singles left ;-) Hopefully a massive crowd and good game of Footy.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I know it's easier to say than to actually prove but..lif I lived in Newie I'd attend every game. I get some people aren't as into it as I/we may be but if you like footy at all (and the Knights) surely this is a game to go to.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Training-with-a-twist/60574

Video of the guys training yesterday, playing different indoor sports. Wayne playing basketball is pretty funny. House looks like he's got some skills though.

Interesting to see Gids getting pretty much fully involved.

I saw Gids on a fox NRL show a few weeks back and someone asked if the Knights made the finals would he be right to play..it wasn't a straight out "no" but highly unlikely. But his recovery was going well. Maybe if the season was a month longer. As much as he could add some x factor off the bench if we get deep into the finals, I'd rather keep the same team and combinations going were that to happen

The Red Afro

Juniors
Will definitely not come close to being max capacity.

Close to sell out? Possibly, but several thousand season members definitely wont be there as per usual - Max 26-8k for me.

Realistically, the only time we'll ever get a sell out/attendance max capacity is if we have a home semi - People are forced to buy tickets fresh and people arent inclined to skip the game.

Last edited:

Latest posts